2023-24 NHL Jersey Changes

Chewbacca

On 9/13/2023 at 1:53 PM, Nordiks_19 said:

Probably a matter of time before their original look comes back full time given the popularity it had. But good move to bring back the 2017-22 red. I know it's not a popular opinion, but i always tought it was their best looking jersey ever.

Anything but their black one actually

The main thing that makes the old reds so much better is the font. That large, nascar style font is so much better looking and distinctive than the razor thin generic font on their current jerseys. Aside from the font, the new reds probably look better as generic hockey jerseys but not as Hurricanes jerseys. The original look with the unashamed warning flags is just more unique and more Hurricanes.

And either one being the primary would be 1000x better than the black jerseys. The shape of the logo looks horrible on a jersey and beyond that, black just isn't their primary color. The whites are also a mess, just match them to whichever red jersey you choose and call it a day.

Don't even get me started on the Whalers jerseys. They don't include the logos, colors, fonts or branding of anything remotely Hurricanes related. I don't even watch the games they wear those because it feels like a completely different team.

In my perfect world, they just go back to exactly what they were wearing until 2007, including no alternates.

• Like 5

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

I feel confident in saying that this is the best looking jersey in the team's history.  The new metallic material is such a monumental improvement over the sparkle trim they used on the originals and it just elevates the design to a new level.
UkkMt57.jpg

As for the Reds they're going with?  They've always just seemed like just a lesser version of what they lifted the cup in.  Why sublimate the most distinctive part of the design and why downgrade the only colour (silver) that separated your scheme from all the other red-and-black teams to such a degree.  Close, but no cigar.

• Like 10

I think those old Carolina reds are very good but I didn't really like how the warning flag hem striping was handled on the whites. The sleeve striping on the red jersey at least gives the general impression of the hem striping but it doesn't on the white and the replacement red stripe has always looked like it's floating to me and not part of the larger hem stripe.

BNG-L-FRANCIS-0206-2.jpg?w=525

I don't like the socks either. There's already two different striping patterns on the jerseys to choose from and they went with a third on the socks.

• Like 1

IbjBaeE.png

3 hours ago, Morgan33 said:

I feel confident in saying that this is the best looking jersey in the team's history.  The new metallic material is such a monumental improvement over the sparkle trim they used on the originals and it just elevates the design to a new level.
UkkMt57.jpg

As for the Reds they're going with?  They've always just seemed like just a lesser version of what they lifted the cup in.  Why sublimate the most distinctive part of the design and why downgrade the only colour (silver) that separated your scheme from all the other red-and-black teams to such a degree.  Close, but no cigar.

I like these so much. Which is why I've never been one of those people who has an issue with the much-maligned Hurricanes 'Toilet Bowl' logo. The whole jersey just works.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

2 hours ago, monkeypower said:

I think those old Carolina reds are very good but I didn't really like how the warning flag hem striping was handled on the whites. The sleeve striping on the red jersey at least gives the general impression of the hem striping but it doesn't on the white and the replacement red stripe has always looked like it's floating to me and not part of the larger hem stripe.

BNG-L-FRANCIS-0206-2.jpg?w=525

I don't like the socks either. There's already two different striping patterns on the jerseys to choose from and they went with a third on the socks.

I wonder what those socks would look like with the warning flag pattern.

Also, Canes, please wear white helmets with your road jerseys this year.

• Like 3

wow, not what i was expecting at all but i'm actually happy about that. I'm curious to see the explanation for the design.  The shiny gold doesn't look as bad as i pictured in my head. 

i am still glad it's just for one season because i don't think they're better than the normal uniforms. the black would make a good alternate though. 

Wow these are horribly underwhelming to me. I was expecting something traditional but not…bland. I had recently seen a hoodie that put the anniversary crest in the center with the Spoked-B on the shoulders and thought they were gonna lean into the full bear.

Disappointing to me for sure

• Like 4