Arizona Cardinals new uniform extravaganza

CaliforniaGlowin

1 minute ago, TreyEight said:

From the concepts they showed the Houston media i think the Texans will have a great look

Yeah, and Bidwell just called the Cardinals new uniforms “cool and clean” during the presentation. 

Trust no one’s opinion until you see it for yourself 

• Like 2
NYCdog.png

If they weren't mono I'd probably like these.  The ARIZONA is stupid, but other than that they're way better than their last set.  The black set can burn in hell, but red over white or white over red would look okay. 

• Like 5

Clearly I am in the minority, but I like them a lot! I don't like having "CARDINALS" on the sleeve, but at least it is small. The large Arizona on the red jersey is too big, IMO. Overall I really like the clean uniforms. Some are disappointed that they aren't more Nikefied. I am glad that they aren't! Some people don't like the northwestern stripes on the sleeve, but I think they are great In a perfect world without Nike, these may be considered average. In a world where we do have to put up with Nike's influence, these are excellent! I do think that there will be some mix and match and in that there are some great combinations.

25 minutes ago, PERRIN said:

Well... They're better than the previous set. Not great, not especially bad. The lack of stripes and giant wordmark on the home jersey bothers me a lot, but it's still by default one of Nike's better redesigns on account of how there's simply not much to talk about. I'm disappointed it wasn't something so extravagant, even if it was horrible, because at least I'd feel something about them. I'd be perfectly fine with them if the home matched the alt and away, but as they are, I can't say I like them, even if they aren't especially bad. I'd give them a C+ grade. Definitely an upgrade, but aggressively mediocre. Just about anyone here on the boards can and has done better, but what they're going with isn't actively bad, save for that goofy wordmark.

And yet, after all the chicanery I've seen on this board in the last day, I can't help but feel robbed nonetheless.

The sleeve stripes (or lack thereof, on the red jersey) are pretty clearly fashioned after those worn before 2005. Plain red jersey, three stripes on the white (mixed with the Arizona state flag after the move from St. Louis). I don’t mind the quirk because of its ties to team history. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, BBTV said:

How the hell do two numbers fit on this jersey?  If he was 44 he'd have numbers wrapping around to his chest.

i5pwyuxwtttmvfyzhngi.jpg

They need to save the double-digit numbers for players who aren't stick figures, I guess.

• LOL 2

spacer.png

Overall these are fine. Much better than what they are coming from. I like the inclusion of silver. It allows them to retain a silver face mask which fits well within their history of gray masks. Speaking of the silver masks, as I’ve already seen it addressed numerous times by other posters, they are NOT in fact chrome. They are silver. Check the photos.

I can see what they’re trying to do with the cardinal jersey. Since they have a history of wearing plain cardinal tops, it makes sense and the discrepancy in style from the white and black doesn’t bother me. This feels more akin to the Giants difference. Whereas a team like the Commanders were bumbling fools and couldn’t decide on a style at all and decided to just use three different ones. At least with these there does appear to be a rationale behind the decision. The word mark is big.

My main issues stem from the lack of contrasting socks and inconsistencies in the logos. It’s bizarre to see a monochrome logo on the cardinal jersey with the full color logo sitting just above it on the helmet. To me, that feels like Louisville who uses that stupid monochrome logo on their primary helmet. It feels very minor league.

If Arizona mixes and matches and can get their socks right (not hopeful), then I’d say this is one of the better redesigns of late. But again, the design loses a few points with the little details.

Edit - I’d probably prefer the white uniform’s striped to have thin black with a thick cardinal stripe. The silver stripe makes it less noticeable.

• Like 6
  • Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, NYCdog said:

Somewhere, Panthers fans, Broncos fans, Texans fans, and Lions fans are now all collectively worried about how Nike will dumb down their team branding with their incoming rebrands. 

Panthers already said they're not making major changes, so I'm breathing a sigh of relief.

the user formerly known as cdclt

The best thing you out can say about these is that they’re better than the previous set. Which is an all-timer in terms of low bars to clear. 

The definition of “meh.” I am thoroughly whelmed.

• Like 5

spacer.png

Ugh..... I was ready to like these, but the red set ruins it.

Two pant sets with stripes, one without.
Two jerseys with stripes, one without.
One jersey with an ugly-ass wordmark, two without.

The "ARIZONA" just immediately makes me think "ATL",

The white and the black are good even though I am fervently anti-BFBS.

It looks better than what I was expecting, but I was expecting something awful. Starting to feel like the default mindset I get in this era of Nike.

• Like 1