Arizona Cardinals new uniform extravaganza

CaliforniaGlowin

1 hour ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Every time I see the Cardinals uniform I will think of what could have been 😕

We get it. You're disappointed. How many more times do you plan on telling us how disappointed you are? Just curious.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

BB52Big.jpg

18 hours ago, BadSeed84 said:

No, its just the bumps in the helmet giving you that impression.

It is only shaded with "3d" effects.

There aren't any "bumps" in that area. The curvature of the helmet plus the design of that logo is what gives off the 3D effect, otherwise every logo that wraps around the helmet would do that.

Bold move trying to use their uniforms to pay tribute to their stadium in Glendale, which is now 17 years old and thus coming right up on "our stadium is bad and was always bad and we need a new one that's closer to our REAL fans" time, you know, just like the other sports team from Glendale and the other NFL team from Chicago.

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

15 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

GUD giving us a 2D representation of potential uniform combinations 

FuVNk2_aYAQcAJI?format=jpg&name=medium

The non-monochrome options are really nice, just as I imagined they would. Hopefully they'll settle into their traditional home look of red-white-red for the jersey, pants and socks after a little bit. 

• Like 9

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

On 4/21/2023 at 9:26 AM, TenaciousG said:

- I still think the huge ARIZONA is big time amateur vibes but it probably looks even worse paired with the slim number one. Still it’s a arena league college look and should be shrunk at least in half.  I dunno, maybe I should just feel lucky they didn’t get real dumb and put BIRD GANG on the front. 

Fixed it for you...pet peeve of mine.  Some teams wear ugly Zubaz unis in the early 90s and the whole league never lives it down even though there were many teams who wouldn't have looked out of place in the NFL.

About the "getting real dumb" part...granted, it's semipro, but a team in Chicago actually chose Birdgang for their name.

If the Cards wanted to look like Oklahoma, then congrats, they succeeded beyond their wildest expectations.  Would rather they'd have used copper, or if they'd felt adventurous, turquoise instead of silver, but I'll take em no longer looking like complete crap.

• Like 4

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

3 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Every time I see the Cardinals uniform I will think of what could have been 😕

For all of these uniforms' faults I'm glad they kept the team colours intact. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Would have to deemed a “color rush” wouldn’t it? The fourth alt is either throwback or color rush, right? 

They could make a lot of fans really happy by introducing Tillman-era Throwbacks…but it’d be worn with that sparkly shell, which would make the whole thing silly.

Odds are better, sadly, that they’ll run out a Grey alternate set.  I won’t hate it, but I’d have loved some Tillman t-backs.

1 minute ago, HOOVER said:

They could make a lot of fans really happy by introducing Tillman-era Throwbacks…but it’d be worn with that sparkly shell, which would make the whole thing silly.

Odds are better, sadly, that they’ll run out a Grey alternate set.  I won’t hate it, but I’d have loved some Tillman t-backs.

I think the issue is Tillman throwbacks would look too similar to the regular set. I might be wrong on that reasoning though…

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Meanwhile, Larry Centers, Seth Joyner, Simeon Rice (for about half his career) and the greatest CB no one talks about, Aeneas Williams, also played in those same throwbacks...

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

4 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Meanwhile, Larry Centers, Seth Joyner, Simeon Rice (for about half his career)and the greatest CB no one talks about, Aeneas Williams, also played on those same throwbacks...

Eric Allen is in the running for greatest CB nobody talks about, but Aeneas Williams was pretty darn great too.

But yeah - calling them "Tillman-era" seems wrong to me.  I mean I understand why it's like that, and it's certainly not a battle I'm going to fight, but there were plenty of more accomplished players that wore them... even if only at the end of their careers.

eqw15ojwnawcfro05ylo

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

18 hours ago, HOOVER said:

N3F6dC5qcGc

I don't know what to tell ya, man. I'm not clout chasing by tweeting about my 5-year-old extolling the virtues of Ruth Bader Ginsburg or something. We're watching Jets-Knights right now, and he said that Winnipeg should wear their white jerseys at home in the playoffs to match the fans. It's just how he is.

• Like 7
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I would be interested to see what the set would look like if the Cardinal logo had a silver beak.  It would likely just look strange without improving the overall look, but I would still like to see it.

The red shirts need TV numbers if they aren’t going to have stripes.  And any combo using the red pants will suffer from the lack of pant stripes.  But that is just nitpicking.  Not a terrible result here.