You Saw What Where??

There’s somebody who lives at my apartment complex that has a Napoli window sticker and license plate holder on thier car. When I see foreign soccer club stuff around here, it’s usually one of the Mexican clubs, Premier League clubs, or Barcelona. Seeing anything from Napoli, let alone car decor, was a bit of a shocker. 

One of my favorite examples from TV would be the various team gear some of the characters wear on How I Met Your Mother. There’s the Canucks gear Robin occasionally wears (which makes sense as her character is from British Columbia), but Marshall and Ted both wear random college and baseball team gear fairly often in the earlier seasons. The most random is probably Marshall - a character from Minnesota living in New York - wearing a Wyoming Cowboys hoodie:

spacer.png

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

On 5/17/2023 at 1:28 PM, Gobbi said:

During a trip to Italy in September 2019, I was wearing an Eagles shirt while hauling luggage from the train station to my Airbnb in Rome... I hear from an Italian guy walking towards me "How do you lose to Stafford?!" razzing me about the loss to the Lions that had just happened a few days prior. It was the last thing I would have expected to hear as I didn't expect my shirt to prompt any attention. We chatted football for a little bit and to my surprise, he rolled up his sleeve to show an Atlanta Falcons logo tattooed on his arm. The comment about my shirt was one thing but to meet a guy in Rome with a Falcons tattoo is something I never would have predicted.

Also odd that a guy from BC is wearing an Eagles shirt!  Unless you're "Tom from Vancouver".

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

So I'm sure there's a good reason I just saw a large Savannah Bananas logo superimposed onto the side of a resort hotel...in Las Vegas....

Like, why would anyone care about an MiLB in South Georgia team way the freak out here??

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

10 hours ago, tBBP said:

So I'm sure there's a good reason I just saw a large Savannah Bananas logo superimposed onto the side of a resort hotel...in Las Vegas....

Like, why would anyone care about an MiLB in South Georgia team way the freak out here??

Because they're not an MiLB team. They were a summer collegiate team that started doing Harlem Globetrotters-eque games of baseball on the side and then dropped the summer team aspect and are now essentially just baseball's version of the Globetrotters. Looking them up, they're in Las Vegas this weekend.

• Like 3

IbjBaeE.png

1 hour ago, monkeypower said:

Because they're not an MiLB team. They were a summer collegiate team that started doing Harlem Globetrotters-eque games of baseball on the side and then dropped the summer team aspect and are now essentially just baseball's version of the Globetrotters. Looking them up, they're in Las Vegas this weekend.

Aaannndd there's the good reason. 👍🏽 

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

When I was at high school in the mid-90s I used to walk past a house that was covered in NY Giants signs - a fairly unusual sight in a small town in the English Midlands. I went past the same house for the first time in a decade or so the other day and the original signs are still there, along with a whole load of new ones and a replica helmet mounted on one of the gateposts.

• Like 1
  • WOAH 1

Was looking at some stuff on the internet, and came across this-- a photo of the late Terry Kath of the band Chicago, in concert wearing a WHA Chicago Cougars jersey...
spacer.png

Come to find out, he did the hockey jersey thing on stage A LOT...

DQKC6u0VAAEHEGI.jpg

img_1581-jpg.402927terry-kath-chicago-3837627e-9e5a-46d3-96terrykath.jpg

• Like 5
  • WOAH 1

It is what it is.

On 5/19/2023 at 9:00 AM, Sec19Row53 said:

I just noticed a car near where I live (Wisconsin) with Colorado plates that say YOTES96. It had a Kachina sticker in the rear window

Gonna follow the team to Milwaukee!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Speaking of random jersey sightings—or just random sightings period—I'm still trying to figure out how this happened:

0939a15e31d85a5ab2b799115e75cd76_xl.jpg

What either of them was doing in Jacksonville of all places is still lost on me, but yet...there they are. (For those not in the know, the other guy is UFC all-time great Rashad Evans.)

On 5/22/2023 at 5:40 PM, B-Rich said:

Was looking at some stuff on the internet, and came across this-- a photo of the late Terry Kath of the band Chicago, in concert wearing a WHA Chicago Cougars jersey...

And there's that Blackhawks sticker on his guitar.

• Like 1

A neighbor down the street from me in Cincinnati has a Miami Heat flag flying from their house. You might think that's not that weird with the Heat being one game from the Finals, but this person has had this flag on their house round the calendar since I moved to the neighborhood four years ago. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

• 4 weeks later...

I get to work at 3 am sometimes, and today one of the nighttime janitors was wearing a t shirt with something similar to this on it:

homelogo.jpg

It was a little more professional looking with what I think was a roundel instead of banner around a creature with a less "2007 Flash animation" appearance and closer to a typical minor league logo from the past 25 years. I thought the logo had "Crawdads" on it, but haven't found any hockey team with a logo resembling it.

There's also a house in one part of Pittsburgh I am frequently in that regularly has the Cubs' "W" flag flying outside, and another with a Jeep in the driveway that has a St. Louis Blues tire cover.

oBIgzrL.png

Doing my weekly shop at my local supermarket and I saw a mobility scooter parked in the entrance atrium totally decked out in Alabama gear, including a huge "Roll Tide" sign on the back. Didn't get a chance to see the person who owned it, but it certainly struck me as an unusual sight for this part of the world.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Discogod said:

Doing my weekly shop at my local supermarket and I saw a mobility scooter parked in the entrance atrium totally decked out in Alabama gear, including a huge "Roll Tide" sign on the back. Didn't get a chance to see the person who owned it, but it certainly struck me as an unusual sight for this part of the world.

You sure you weren't in Birmingham, Alabama? 😂

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png