2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

The commanders so badly need a stripe on the white pants. It looks like something happened to the ones they planned to wear, so they went catalog shopping to quickly outfit the whole team with something uniform. There’s minimal white in the uniform and it matches nothing that way. 
Acceptable counterpoint: they just need a whole new set (but there’s something to start from there on the burgundy)

• Like 8

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

11 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

@canzman Niners vs Giants, Chiefs vs Bears, and Steelers vs Raiders will all be beautiful on-field match-ups this coming weekend.

I actually wish the Niners would just wear their regular home jerseys on Thursday and save the throwbacks for the Cowboys. It would introduce more color to a very red matchup (I also wish the Giants still had grey pants).

• Like 4

I think the Cardinals will wear black for this one. They have plenty of black teams coming up on their home schedule (CIN, BAL, ATL), so I am hoping this is the case and the red jersey is used for those games instead. They also wore red for the first two games, so I think it would make sense to break it up now.

I also think it’s pretty unlikely the Jets wear green this week, as much as I’d love to see it. Haven’t worn green against the Pats since 2019.

8 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

The commanders so badly need a stripe on the  white  pants. It looks like something happened to the ones they planned to wear, so they went catalog shopping to quickly outfit the whole team with something uniform. There’s minimal white in the uniform and it matches nothing that way. 
Acceptable counterpoint: they just need a whole new set (but there’s something to start from there on the burgundy)

They need a stripe on both White, Burgundy, and mysterious Madden Gold pants. A singular Gold stripe on the Burgundy pants, and a Singular Burgundy stripe on the White and Gold pants would tie into the helmet stripe. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, shstpt1 said:

They need a stripe on both White, Burgundy, and mysterious Madden Gold pants. A singular Gold stripe on the Burgundy pants, and a Singular Burgundy stripe on the White and Gold pants would tie into the helmet stripe. 

I’d love for them to be able to wear gold pants with the white jersey. I’m hesitant to think the black trimming wouldn’t throw off the look a whole lot

• Like 1

23 hours ago, the admiral said:

What's up with the Falcons' endzones? I don't remember much about the old Falcons wordmark, I think it was just Helvetica Bold Condensed or something, but what they have today looks like Arial.

23 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

It's what the endzones were in the Georgia Dome.

AP_9208141136

23 hours ago, the admiral said:

Right, but it looks like they got it slightly wrong.

Atlanta United had a game there 18 hours prior, which probably had an impact on how much they were able to paint. You see this kind of treatment at multipurpose venues a lot.

18 hours ago, ruttep said:

(Unpopular opinion?) The red socks are an improvement.

They are, which again, the whole team should be wearing them, because that's how uniforms are supposed to work.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

45 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Atlanta United had a game there 18 hours prior, which probably had an impact on how much they were able to paint. You see this kind of treatment at multipurpose venues a lot.

shouldn't impact the font though.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

15 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

Saints vs Panthers is as awful as expected... 

Primetime games in 2023 are either a showcase for beautiful throwbacks (e.g. Jets last week and Patriots yesterday) or

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 vs 🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶

The Browns could fit into both categories.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

Beats me. I know there's a theory that Nike started the trend to save money on sock dye.

That doesn't sound very plausible, since we know that colored socks do exist.  It also shouldn't be hard to source them elsewhere.  Not sure how many super-proprietary colors there are in socks, but some (like the Eagles) would just be black, so that shouldn't be much of an issue.

It's just a look that players seem to like, and since there's no rules, there's nothing anyone can do about it.  I've heard some say that the white socks make them look faster.  I mean, there's obviously no actual difference, but without rules, they're going to go with whatever they want for whatever reason they want.

BRING THIS MAN BACK:

c99da799-d5c9-4c1a-9895-f374a0c9856c-USA

• Like 4
  • Love 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

This Browns uniform looks good in photos but they look like a completely different team on the field. Needs an orange helmet big time

I was gonna say the same thing. That is my biggest issue with all-white uniforms. Many of them look so plain when it’s not a close-up shot in between plays.