2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

On 9/25/2023 at 11:35 AM, MCM0313 said:

I’m guessing you mean socks? Because the Bills, Dolphins, Patriots, Bengals, Browns, Steelers, Colts, Texans, Chiefs, Raiders, Chargers, Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, Packers, Bears, Vikings, Buccaneers, 49ers, Seahawks, and Rams all wear full-length pant stripes more often than not. The plain white socks are a travesty, but plain pants are much less common. 

the tights that the players wear under their game pants.  

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

RE:  Texans uniforms

Navy isn't the problem ("because it's dull").  Plenty of teams with Navy as the feature color have iconic identities.  It's all about the execution.

While the uniform offers nothing remotely iconic or cohesive, it's truly the helmet that's at fault.  

White helmet, using a brighter Red in the proper way as an accent color, and adding some sort of character to the uniform (adding a few well-placed stars) will transform the Texans' look from one of the most boring in professional sports to one of the best.

This isn't mine, but it's good, and what the team should be going for, rather than wishing they were the Oilers or incorporating street culture:

new-texans-uniform-reveal-v0-ljcvt1kujeb

The Texans have to compete with another franchise up the road that likes to call themselves, "America's Team", yet they have the identity that warrants that nickname, and they should try to take it.

• Like 3
  • Meh 1

41 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Hmmm...  According to this graphic the helmet is Battle Red, but the jersey is Batlle Red.  Now, are those two different colors? Or is the Texans' marketing department just kinda stupid

Maybe it was the same NFL guy who used royal blue on the Cowboys silver pants that got everyone on this board panicking for a few hours. 😁

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

For the third straight year, Detroit will be wearing its white practice pants at Lambeau Field in prime time. Disgraceful.

This likely either means Green Bay isn’t wearing Color Rush white this year, or it will be worn for a road prime time game. 

The only road game they wore the all white color rush for was at Seattle in 2018. And the only other home game in primetime GB has this year is against the Chiefs, which they could still potentially wear them for.

Another poster said teams doing white at home to make the fans in the stands do a white-out is something that's nice to do once in a while, but teams should not go overboard with it. I like to see teams wear their white jerseys/uniform at home to see how it matches with their home stadium and field. Seeing the Panthers vs Seahawks game, I thought Seattle's white jersey/navy pants combo on their field looked good. Watching the Chargers vs Vikings game, I thought how the Chargers all white looked good in US Bank Stadium. It makes me miss seeing their all white for their home games at SoFi Stadium.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2023 at 4:53 PM, the admiral said:

White socks would work perfectly fine for the Colts if they had two blue stripes. They should also go back to plain black cleats.

All white with black cleats would look bad. 

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1
  • Facepalm 1

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

4 hours ago, gothedistance said:

The only road game they wore the all white color rush for was at Seattle in 2018. And the only other home game in primetime GB has this year is against the Chiefs, which they could still potentially wear them for.

Another poster said teams doing white at home to make the fans in the stands do a white-out is something that's nice to do once in a while, but teams should not go overboard with it. I like to see teams wear their white jerseys/uniform at home to see how it matches with their home stadium and field. Seeing the Panthers vs Seahawks game, I thought Seattle's white jersey/navy pants combo on their field looked good. Watching the Chargers vs Vikings game, I thought how the Chargers all white looked good in US Bank Stadium. It makes me miss seeing their all white for their home games at SoFi Stadium.

Packer fans don't have a lot of white team clothing. We sure as hell don't have have white winter clothing.😁

It's where I sit.

17 hours ago, Ark said:

Texans uniforms are like a slightly different (and worse) version of the Patriots previous uniforms, and the Patriots own that look

Laughing at this because not only are the Texans uniforms better, they perfected that specific uniform template by not falling for the ridiculous piping shtick. The Patriots lost all claim to uniform novelty the moment Houston rolled out their uniform.

spacer.png

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HOOVER said:

RE:  Texans uniforms

Navy isn't the problem ("because it's dull").  Plenty of teams with Navy as the feature color have iconic identities.  It's all about the execution.

While the uniform offers nothing remotely iconic or cohesive, it's truly the helmet that's at fault.  

White helmet, using a brighter Red in the proper way as an accent color, and adding some sort of character to the uniform (adding a few well-placed stars) will transform the Texans' look from one of the most boring in professional sports to one of the best.

This isn't mine, but it's good, and what the team should be going for, rather than wishing they were the Oilers or incorporating street culture:

new-texans-uniform-reveal-v0-ljcvt1kujeb

The Texans have to compete with another franchise up the road that likes to call themselves, "America's Team", yet they have the identity that warrants that nickname, and they should try to take it.

I love this concept but can’t help but feel it’d look even better for the Patriots if you just swapped out all the white for silver. That’s kinda why I feel so deeply the Texans should go with a red primary, because their color scheme and shoulder stripes feel so similar to the Patriots, even if there’s differences in color balance and helmet color.

• Like 1

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

1 hour ago, PERRIN said:

I love this concept but can’t help but feel it’d look even better for the Patriots if you just swapped out all the white for silver. That’s kinda why I feel so deeply the Texans should go with a red primary, because their color scheme and shoulder stripes feel so similar to the Patriots, even if there’s differences in color balance and helmet color.

It would certainly work for the Patriots, but they're seemingly locked into their use of Silver with the helmet & pant (not enough of the pants) and I think there's both precedent for Houston retaining Navy as their primary and room for a Navy/White/Red team along with a Navy/Silver/Red team in the NFL.

I think removing the should stripes from the above concept would greatly improve it, while pushing it further away from New England's look.  I don't like the stripe on the helmet concept, and would rather see a straight Texas Flag-inspired stripe with a star on the back bottom.  Adding a few stars to the pant stripe, or even dropping the Red there and making it a solid Navy stripe, would also help separate it.   White pant, Navy stripe, Red Swoosh.  Or, if keeping Red, mirror the TX Flag-inspired helmet stripe.  I think that's been mocked up somewhere here before.

A Red-heavy design just does not scream "Texans" to me, and using Navy as the accent is a negative from a design perspective; it's better with the Navy as a base, and Bright Red as an accent that pops.  No different than the Steelers with Black & Gold, same theory.

On 9/27/2023 at 12:00 PM, spartacat_12 said:

The NFL didn't let them wear the white helmet with their primary uniforms, so they had to bring back the colour rush as an alternate in order to use the alternate helmet.

I guess they made the case that the white jersey/black pants combo is their primary look, and the all-white is the alternate. Carolina used the same logic to be allowed to wear the black helmets with the all-black uniform.

Yeah, that makes sense. I wonder if the Bengals could've done that from the beginning, like Carolina did.