2023 NFL Regular Season Through Super Bowl LVIII

On 9/8/2023 at 12:09 AM, Unocal said:

The NFL gambled by not choosing CIN/BUF/PHI for the opening night game and by golly it paid off.

The TV networks have a say in the games they want to have. The league and their network partners work these things out.

Detroit vs Kansas City did not disappoint. It turned out to be a good game.

On 9/6/2023 at 8:42 PM, BBTV said:

I feel even stronger now that they should do the schedule so it's something close to this:

First 3 games: interconference

next 3 games: intraconference

next 3 games: division round 1

next 2 games: interconference

next 3 games: intraconference

final 3 games: division round 2

I know with bye weeks and London it's very difficult to actually do that, but it lets teams work out the kinks in less-meaningful interconference games, before playing more meaningful intracconference match ups, and then super meaningful divisional games.

I like the way things are just fine.

So teams still play four preseason games right?..........Today was the fourth preseason game for the Bengals right?........ Todays game doesnt count toward the regular season, right?..........Right? ...... Of all the teams Burrow faces,its the Browns he has trouble with the most? Ugh🙄

Signature intentionally left blank

I don't know if there is such thing as a statement loss, but the Patriots look noticeably better. Holding the Eagles offense to one touchdown is hella impressive. That defense is gonna cause teams problems and the offense looks miles better than last year. Mac actually looked good, the offense is finally utilizing more than 1 player per game, and the rookies are making an immediate impact. The Patriots look like a playoff team in my book, it just depends on whether or not they can weather that tough schedule. People seem to forget they were half a game out of the playoffs last year and had some of the worst luck in the league, and then proceeded to get far stronger in the offseason. I'm cautiously optimistic as a Pats fan, I just hope the offense can stay consistently decent.

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

"statement losses" are just things that fans make up to have an excuse to have optimism for next year.  Like when you fool yourself into not worrying about a hitter in an 0-30 slump because he's "having some really good at bats that just aren't resulting in hits".

The Eagles looked like a team that shouldn't have sat out the entire preseason after replacing both coordinators.  The play calling was down-right baffling.  I didn't expect as much of a drop off on offense due to losing Shane Stieken since the replacement was internal, but holy balls does Brian Johnson look like a complete moron.  And so does Siriani for not recognizing that the team might actually need a preseason game to work out some kinks.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Was there anyone who wasn't a Giants fan that didn't think that this was the real Giants?  I can't put into words how ecstatic I am that they gave Daniel Jones so much money.  

Thinking about the Giants short-term future has the same effect on me as I imagine eating an entire box of Blue Chew would.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."