2023 NFL Regular Season Through Super Bowl LVIII

Steelers fans think all their players are super special boys touched by football angels simply by being deemed worthy of the hypocycloids*. Canada wasn't great, but he got all the blame because Steelers fans don't know how to reckon with a bad team. He was clearly calling an offense that had to work with a limited personnel set. It's going to be evident the rest of the season with Canada gone that Kenny Pickett and the o-line were the real problems. 

*I don't even blame them for thinking that - 30+ years of conditioning watching every Pluggy Plug show up and turn into pro-bowlers would do that to you. Of course they expected Kenny Pickett to be good - the Steelers chose him. They had no reason to think otherwise. Even this season is more of the same charmed luck. They've played 10 games and seen maybe one good QB? They still have two games left against Jake Browning. That's a 3-7 football that has 6 wins. 

• Like 2

PvO6ZWJ.png

13 hours ago, BBTV said:

The lousier thing is that after this, Eagles get (in order) Bills, 49ers, @Seahawks, @Dallas, while the Lions get Middle-West Southern Wyoming Jr. College, Kalamazoo Sr. High School, a nunnery, and a group of literal toddlers behind a daycare.

So if this goes as expected, the Lions have the inside track at #1, and Dallas controls their destiny for the East, so Eagles could fall to #5.

Nothing about last night’s game tells me that the Eagles aren’t going to walk away with the 1 seed again. We keep talking about this gauntlet schedule, but it’s nonsense.

They played the Chiefs, on the road, played POORLY, and won. Am I supposed to think the Bills have a shot in Philly?  With Josh Allen playing like that? 🤣

The 49ers are only a juggernaut IF they’re healthy and are always one injury away from regressing to the mean. That game is a coin flip at best. Ironically, Dallas is the biggest threat to the Eagles’ domination, and they would still be one game back if they won. Detroit goes 14-3? Great. Philly could wind up 15-2.  

As a Cowboys fan, last night’s outcome was killer. We could win out and be the 5 seed.

The Chiefs game was the best opportunity for Philly to stumble but Brett Veach is a cheapskate and Chris Jones is a baby, so the greatest quarterback of this generation has to throw to bargain basement wideouts. 🤦🏻‍♂️

I don't know how they're gonna get by the Eagles, but the Lions, who are eschewing wunderkind-coach conventions by just having a big loud dumb guy tell everyone to try hard, have all the makings of a team that gets to the Super Bowl and loses. It's like the football version of the Doin' It All With A Hot Goalie.

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

I don't know how they're gonna get by the Eagles, but the Lions, who are eschewing wunderkind-coach conventions by just having a big loud dumb guy tell everyone to try hard, have all the makings of a team that gets to the Super Bowl and loses. It's like the football version of the Doin' It All With A Hot Goalie.

Us Lions fans are just enjoying the ride. Who knew the big loud dumb guy could coach and bring a winning culture to this team.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

To echo McCarthy's point, Steelers fans aren't used to the suck anymore. When your franchise hasn't gone through a sustained period of crap, you forget how spoiled you've been and how sports aren't designed for the same seven or eight teams to be stalwarts, winning divisions and fighting for titles. I'm living it now with the Sharks and although I bitched about rooting for a bridesmaid team, I'll admit that years of no postseason activity is worse than I expected. 

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

as a Patriots fan I've been well aware for years how much I've been spoiled but that doesn't make learning the lesson after years any less painful, though I will say I'd much rather my team be bad and know  they're bad than spend years drowning in mediocrity with no end in sight, like the Steelers - for example - are doing now. It's having clear potential and failing to live up to it that's more frustrating, and it's the false hope of "maybe we'll finally fix things" that hurts the most. Obviously, I'm not one to complain in regards to the patriots, but I think it rings true to other aspects of life too. 

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

2023 records of NFC contenders vs. winning teams:

4-0 … Eagles
3-2 … 49ers
2-1 … Seahawks
1-2 … Lions
1-2 ... Vikings
0-2 … Cowboys

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6 hours ago, BBTV said:

2023 records of NFC contenders vs. winning teams:

4-0 … Eagles
3-2 … 49ers
2-1 … Seahawks
1-2 … Lions
1-2 ... Vikings
0-2 … Cowboys

beating winning teams guarantees nothing 

in 2021, Tennessee set an NFL record with 8 wins vs teams above .500

What good did that do them in January when they spit the bit vs @Sport and Cincy?

• Facepalm 1

10 hours ago, Unocal said:

What good did that do them in January when they spit the bit vs @Sport and Cincy?

That would be relevant if I said that it guaranteed anything.

• Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

12 hours ago, Unocal said:

Pretty sure @Sport was on IR for the Tennessee game in 2021. If memory serves, he pulled a muscle playing golf.

• LOL 1

BB52Big.jpg

2 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Pretty sure @Sport was on IR for the Tennessee game in 2021. If memory serves, he pulled a muscle playing golf.

I re-injured a 20 year old hockey injury to my clavicle by playing too much golf, thank you very much. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

spacer.png

CBS 1:00 PM EST/12:00 PM CST

Red: Steelers at Bengals

Blue: Jaguars at Texans

Green: Buccaneers at Colts

spacer.png

CBS 4:00 PM EST/3:00 PM CST

Red: Bills at Eagles (Good news Bills fans, you get the Game of the Week. The bad news is that you get to hear Tony Romo’s CTE-influenced commentary.)

Blue: Chiefs at Raiders 

Gray: Cardinals enforcing a blackout. Must have some power to keep your market from watching a game that isn’t pure scheisse. 

spacer.png

FOX 1:00 PM EST/12:00 PM CST

Red: Saints at Falcons 

Green: Patriots at Giants (Everyone in this area has my condolences)

Orange: Panthers at Titans 

FOX 4:00 PM/3:00 PM CST

Blue: Browns at Broncos 

Yellow: Rams at Cardinals

Just realized that this is the first time I’ve had a rooting interest in all three Thanksgiving games. Unfortunately I’ll be driving during the night one, but should be able to listen to it. 

Also just realized that the Eagles, already struggling to win games, have to play the 49ers after they have a mini-bye, and then Dallas, also after a mini-bye. I don’t think there’s any malice when it comes to scheduling (other than KC having 17 home games), but that’s a tough break. Can’t see them winning either of those games. 

50 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Just realized that this is the first time I’ve had a rooting interest in all three Thanksgiving games. Unfortunately I’ll be driving during the night one, but should be able to listen to it. 

Also just realized that the Eagles, already struggling to win games, have to play the 49ers after they have a mini-bye, and then Dallas, also after a mini-bye. I don’t think there’s any malice when it comes to scheduling (other than KC having 17 home games), but that’s a tough break. Can’t see them winning either of those games. 

Your team is 9-1. They keep on winning every game. Your reverse jinx is working so far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags