2023 NFL Regular Season Through Super Bowl LVIII

9 hours ago, ruttep said:

My bold prediction for these playoffs is that the Ravens go one and done again.

Call me salty about that Christmas loss, call me a hater (I am absolutely both of those things), but I am not impressed by Lamar. He's not even close to the runaway MVP that he's been crowned as. Against the Niners, he got short field after short field as the Ravens defense ate Brock Purdy alive. The Niners actually outgained the Ravens in that game.  He admittedly had a great game against Miami, but Brock and CMC have been putting in historic performances all season long. Brock broke a passing yards record (he only played 16 games, it counts) for a team that once employed Joe Montana and Steve Young. This entire season has been the media lining up guys and saying, "THIS guy is better than Brock. He should win MVP". They did it with Dak. They did it with Hurts. They did it with Lamar, and it finally worked out.

If you really hate Brock Purdy that much and refuse to give the MVP to him, give it to CMC. But don't tell me Lamar should win it in a landslide. Because that's just disrespectful to Purdy and CMC.

Just you having Brock and CMC being interchangeable as far as which could/should win the award make it pretty clear that neither of them are the most valuable player.  You could make a pretty good case that the 49ers offense would still go without either player in part because of the other one.  That's not the case for Baltimore.  You can spin that BAL/SF game however you want but biggest matchup of the season and Lamar showed up, Brock did not.

• Like 2
  • Yawn 1

IUe6Hvh.png

1 hour ago, See Red said:

Just you having Brock and CMC being interchangeable as far as which could/should win the award make it pretty clear that neither of them are the most valuable player.  You could make a pretty good case that the 49ers offense would still go without either player in part because of the other one.  That's not the case for Baltimore.  You can spin that BAL/SF game however you want but biggest matchup of the season and Lamar showed up, Brock did not.

Without CMC, or Debo that offense struggled. You also can’t say an offense would still be good without purdy when his backup is Sam darnold.

• Meh 1

52 minutes ago, dont care said:

Without CMC, or Debo that offense struggled. You also can’t say an offense would still be good without purdy when his backup is Sam darnold.

Cool, cool.  So which is it -- is Brock Purdy the most valuable player or can he not keep the 49ers offense rolling without McCaffrey and Deebo?  Is McCaffrey the MVP or would the offense suck with Sam Darnold? 

• Like 1

IUe6Hvh.png

3 hours ago, Gary said:

Rams vs Lions with Stafford vs Goff. Wonder how many fans in the crowd will have Stafford jerseys in the stands

My most current Lions jerseys are both Stafford, partially because I'm [cautiously] awaiting the new uniforms next season to get a new one. I'm not going, but if I was going to the game this weekend I guess I'd just have to bust out the ol' Charlie Batch jersey (or more than likely just wear a Lions hoody) to avoid wearing Stafford gear.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shumway said:

My most current Lions jerseys are both Stafford, partially because I'm [cautiously] awaiting the new uniforms next season to get a new one. I'm not going, but if I was going to the game this weekend I guess I'd just have to bust out the ol' Charlie Batch jersey (or more than likely just wear a Lions hoody) to avoid wearing Stafford gear.

My most current jersey is also a Stafford jersey. But I’m not going to wear it. I have too many shirts I can wear before I wear Stafford 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, See Red said:

Cool, cool.  So which is it -- is Brock Purdy the most valuable player or can he not keep the 49ers offense rolling without McCaffrey and Deebo?  Is McCaffrey the MVP or would the offense suck with Sam Darnold? 

I just don't understand how having great teammates is now a minus. So for anyone to win the MVP they have to be a quarterback surrounded by nobodies and literally drag the offense to relevance singlehandedly (while a quarterback with better stats get shlt on relentlessly because he was a lower draft pick and has great teammates). This allows everyone to conveniently ignore that said MVP has the help of the top defense that gives him short fields and favorable situations out of turnovers galore.

Both Purdy and Lamar received help (so do all MVP candidates) and there's nothing wrong with that. I really don't like comparing individual players for awards and rankings since it usually devolves into these kinds of arguments, but the "Lamar is the MVP by a landslide" narrative is just plain disrespectful to a quarterback (and yes, a running back) that each had significantly better overall seasons in my mind.

(I am extremely biased as a Niners fan and I won't pretend not to be)

• Like 1

Re: Detroit...it's my understanding that Stafford loved Detroit and Detroit loved him back when he was there; I don't think there's anything but mutual love and respect there between Stafford and Detroit. Now Goff on the other hand...oh I'm sure it'll be personal for him since the Rams straight up sent him out the door.  

And also...how cool is it that Ford Field is getting a playoff game??? I bet that atmosphere is gonna be ALL THE WAY live. Halfway wish I could be there to experience it in person again...

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Playoff picks:

AFC WILD CARD

Bills 34, Steelers 16

Dolphins 20, Chiefs 13

Texans 23, Browns 20

NFC WILD CARD

Cowboys 41, Packers 24

Lions 31, Rams 28

Eagles 19, Bucs 17

AFC DIVISIONAL

Ravens 32, Dolphins 14

Bills 27, Texans 17

NFC DIVISIONAL 

49ers 38, Eagles 21

Cowboys 30, Lions 27

AFC CHAMPIONSHIP 

Bills 24, Ravens 22

NFC CHAMPIONSHIP 

49ers 28, Cowboys 13

SUPER BOWL LVIII

49ers 38, Bills 16

1 hour ago, BottomlessPitt said:

Playoff picks:

AFC WILD CARD

Bills 34, Steelers 16

Dolphins 20, Chiefs 13

Texans 23, Browns 20

NFC WILD CARD

Cowboys 41, Packers 24

Lions 31, Rams 28

Eagles 19, Bucs 17

AFC DIVISIONAL

Ravens 32, Dolphins 14

Bills 27, Texans 17

NFC DIVISIONAL 

49ers 38, Eagles 21

Cowboys 30, Lions 27

AFC CHAMPIONSHIP 

Bills 24, Ravens 22

NFC CHAMPIONSHIP 

49ers 28, Cowboys 13

SUPER BOWL LVIII

49ers 38, Bills 16

Mostly agree with your picks. I don't make picks when my team has a legitimate shot at winning it all (out of fear of jinxing it)

• Like 1

Is this real? If so, hilarious:

418169951_10163307305868009_456922125228

EDIT: Also, it's a shame the MVP is a narrative-based award.

Josh Allen finished first in total yards and TDs, beat the Chiefs, Dolphins twice, and Cowboys, and ended up with the 2 seed.  And he would have had more wins if the defense could hold a lead against the Pats and Broncos.

It's at least worth a discussion of Josh vs. Lamar. 

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

14 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Is this real? If so, hilarious:

418169951_10163307305868009_456922125228

EDIT: Also, it's a shame the MVP is a narrative-based award.

Josh Allen finished first in total yards and TDs, beat the Chiefs, Dolphins twice, and Cowboys, and ended up with the 2 seed.  And he would have had more wins if the defense could hold a lead against the Pats and Broncos.

It's at least worth a discussion of Josh vs. Lamar. 

I'd be surprised if it's real, unless they have a really long waiting list. You don't turn down money because they were sold to the visitors.

It's where I sit.

On 7/25/2023 at 3:49 PM, Rockstar Matt said:

AFC

1. Kansas City (13-4)

2. Cincinnati  (12-5)

3. Buffalo (12-5)

4. Jacksonville (12-5)

5. LA Chargers (11-6)

6. NY Jets (11-6)

7. Pittsburgh (10-7)

LA Chargers over Jacksonville

Buffalo over NY Jets

Cincinnati over Pittsburgh

Kansas City over LA Chargers

Buffalo over Cincinnati

Buffalo over Kansas City

NFC

1. Dallas (13-4)

2. San Francisco (10-7)

3. Detroit (10-7)

4. New Orleans (9-8)

5. Philadelphia (11-6)

6. Chicago (10-7)

7. Carolina (9-8)

Philadelphia over New Orleans

Detroit over Chicago

San Francisco over Carolina

Dallas over Philadelphia

San Francisco over Detroit

Dallas over San Francisco

SUPER BOWL LVIII

Buffalo over Dallas

Not too shabby, if I say so myself. Some I nailed right on the head, others I got horrifically wrong. 

Let’s do it again, playoff edition:

Super Wild-Card Weekend

Cleveland over Houston

Kansas City over Miami

Buffalo over Pittsburgh 

Dallas over Green Bay 

LA Rams over Detroit 

Tampa Bay over Philadelphia 

Divisional Round 

Cleveland over Baltimore

Buffalo over Kansas City

San Francisco over LA Rams

Dallas over Tampa Bay

Conference Championships

Buffalo over Cleveland

Dallas over San Francisco 

SUPER BOWL LVIII

Buffalo over Dallas

See no reason to not only keep up my reputation as a blind Cowboys homer, but also keep my preseason Super Bowl prediction. 

• Like 1

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

16 hours ago, tBBP said:

Re: Detroit...it's my understanding that Stafford loved Detroit and Detroit loved him back when he was there; I don't think there's anything but mutual love and respect there between Stafford and Detroit. Now Goff on the other hand...oh I'm sure it'll be personal for him since the Rams straight up sent him out the door.

Stafford is going to get a huge standing ovation from Lions fans before the game and then will be mercilessly jeered over the entirety of the game

1 hour ago, ruttep said:

I'm gonna keep saying this.

Stop. Disrespecting. The. 49ers.

I like pizza and hot dogs.

But what about hamburgers mother:censored:er?

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I like pizza and hot dogs.

But what about hamburgers mother:censored:er?

This isn't an apples to oranges comparison, though. You're considering all of them for the same award. 

Just now, Unocal said:

The Rams special teams scare me. They'll find a way to blow it vs DET (a blocked kick, a return score, points left on the field)

Rams have a suspect kicking game, to put it lightly. Brett Maher wouldn't fill me with confidence, especially after they tried to move on from him earlier this season only to bring him back right before the playoffs. Should've kept Matt Gay.