MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

17 minutes ago, Anubis2051 said:

And other teams recolored it [the Yankees' NY logo]:

spacer.png

Even before that, the logo was used by the football Giants.

d17ccce6761c2b1503d11e928afb61ab.jpg

Here's a shot that shows that the football Giants used not only the Yankees' NY logo, but also the NY logo of the baseball Giants.  (Alongside Vince Lombardi is Tom Landry, who is at the upper left of the previous photo.)

ny-giants-coaches-tom-landry-and-vince-l

• Like 2

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

42 minutes ago, Anubis2051 said:

Which makes sense, considering it came from the city first:

spacer.png

And other teams recolored it:

I just learned something today. Wow...never saw that before.

I love finding out things like this...thanks for posting this!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

4 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I've always wanted the Yankees to wear this in a regular season game. This is all you need to do.

usa_today_12289070.0.jpg

1308959887.5.jpg

The Yankees don't look right in softball tops. If they do a City Connect, the jersey and pants should be the same color (preferably their navy blue). 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I've always wanted the Yankees to wear this in a regular season game. This is all you need to do.

usa_today_12289070.0.jpg

1308959887.5.jpg

This is objectively the right take. I would say add some details (head-spoon trim, white cuffs, etc) and it would look more than serviceable for an alternative uniform.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 2
  • Facepalm 1

34 minutes ago, Anubis2051 said:

That's what the concession folks all wear, which tbh I think will be enough to keep them from doing it.

Has anyone seen an updated version of these graphics? Or the individual logos?

spacer.png

spacer.png

I haven't seen anything in a long while

On 12/20/2023 at 6:46 AM, Old School Fool said:

usa_today_12289070.0.jpg

1308959887.5.jpg

Imagine finally going to your first game at Yankee Stadium and seeing this on the field.

There is one uniform the Yankees belong in at Yankee Stadium. I'm woefully biased, but they're baseball's premier franchise playing in the Stadium. There's only one look they should be wearing there.

Also, why do the Yankees need an alternate at all? They have a classic home look and a classic road look, both recognizable, and any fashion jerseys or BP jerseys will set like hotcakes without ever being worn in a regular season game.

I'm glad the Yankees are one of the few clubs never to wear an alternate and I don't ever want to see that change. The Players' Weekend jerseys and the horrible Mother's Day/Father's Day/Memorial Day alterations are bad enough. (One of the very few times I will ever say "if the Boss were alive...")

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, kroywen said:

Imagine finally going to your first game at Yankee Stadium and seeing this on the field.

That's how I felt at my first game at Wrigley and the Cubs were wearing their dumb-ass blue tops.  Fortunately they wore their proper jerseys the next couple of times I visited Chicago.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 12/21/2023 at 8:33 AM, Anubis2051 said:

That's what the concession folks all wear, which tbh I think will be enough to keep them from doing it.

Has anyone seen an updated version of these graphics? Or the individual logos?

spacer.png

spacer.png

That bottom image is not an official MLB image. The colors don’t match up correctly, and I’m pretty sure may have come from one of @SFGiants58‘s rebrand/relocation concept threads.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg