MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

Not entirely what I was expecting for the Rays tbh. I knew they were going to find a way to incorporate their inaugural look into this. Although, I didn't know themes like skateboarding, hip-hop, and punk rock were that big there (first place that comes to mind for that stuff is Southern California). I don't know if I like how dark the set is... really thinking there will be eligibility issues on the field. However, the logo set is fun. I love how ridiculous the skating ray one is and I would totally buy something with that on it. The "skyray" is clever as well.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

I don't understand the hate for the smaller NOB. If anything the old lettering was way too big. I mean we saw players with long names practically having a full circle of lettering around their number. Remember Saltalamacchia?

That was one player out of hundreds.

and if you are paying 400+ you want something that feels and look nice.

Not the kindergarden crap they are wearing and selling now.

The Tampa Pro skate contest is one of the largest and longest-running international skateboarding competitions in the world. It's a beloved event in the skateboarding community that has more "street cred" than the Olympics or X-Games. spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 10

16 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

They teased it was going to be powder blue 🙄

No they didn't.  The ads for the unveiling were powder blue and used the yellow burst logo mostly, but nothing was ever said that the CC's were to be powder blue.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

No they didn't.  The ads for the unveiling were powder blue and used the yellow burst logo mostly, but nothing was ever said that the CC's were to be powder blue.

My point is that nothing about it was black.

• Facepalm 1

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

2 hours ago, bowld said:

The black base of the jersey contains a pattern designed to resemble a black shirt left out in the Florida sun a little too long, one that’s slowly fading to a lighter, grey-like shade.

Ok, that is officially one of the dumbest 'Nike speak' sentences I've ever read in my life.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

The cap is nice, and there are a couple cool elements, but I can't help but picture the design process being something like this:

How old are the occupants of this board? Because these are some deep Simpsons references.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

I like the hat, I like the colors. Is it the worst CC jersey I've seen? No. It could be much worse.

Is Skating Ray a real legit logo? Is that like the equivalent of the Brewers having the grill alt logo? :)

2 hours ago, crashcarson15 said:

The Rays are a '90s expansion team playing in a non-traditional market. The more they look like that, and not like a team playing baseball's version of Original Six dress-up, the better.

Is it a good jersey? I dunno — but I like it because it's the type of uniform that fits this program better than most, and it's a better look for who they are. A set of complementary traditional jerseys would be a vast upgrade on what the Rays otherwise wear now (throwbacks non-withstanding).

Should they play pre-war dress-up, no. Should they play 70's dress-up... maybe...

usa-today-8025059.0.jpg 

• Like 12