MLS Kits 2024

kylonian

The shorts and socks for Minnesota’s new kit are black with white adidas stripes. That teaser for the shirt looks interesting, but I’m worried the kit as a whole will be mostly black and white with minimal blue accents.

In any case, they should’ve stuck with dark gray primaries anyways.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

42 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The shorts and socks for Minnesota’s new kit are black with white adidas stripes. That teaser for the shirt looks interesting, but I’m worried the kit as a whole will be mostly black and white with minimal blue accents.

In any case, they should’ve stuck with dark gray primaries anyways.

Oh I missed that the new stripes are white on the shorts/socks. Sigh. That's really disappointing. And I fully agree with the dark gray primaries. Their NASL kits are still far and away the best they've ever had.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Oh I missed that the new stripes are white on the shorts/socks. Sigh. That's really disappointing. And I fully agree with the dark gray primaries. Their NASL kits are still far and away the best they've ever had.

Everything pales to the gray with wing and red button.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SCL said:

Everything pales to the gray with wing and red button.

My only complaint with that one is that the gray is a little too light as I prefer the darker gray they switched to. But overall, yeah, such a classic design that they should've brought with to the MLS. 

3 hours ago, WBeltz said:

No, the rest of the crest is there. You can see the white and blue stripe that usually falls behind it. 

Oh you're right. I got confused that I didn't see the extra black backing to the crest that they've been using on the keeper kit but not the outfield.

I do agree that the charcoal/anthracite of yore was the way to do it. Black is boring, light-ish grey is just kinda...there. But something in the middle of those was really interesting and iconic.

An excellent kit. The blue back adds a ton, I wonder if they'll keep the white numbers from the old home kit or go with black to match the stripes and sponsor logo. I only wish they had kept blue socks instead of going to white.

• Like 1

the user formerly known as cdclt

Just found a listing for a Chicago Fire jersey based on the MLS league-wide 25th-anniversary template. I imagine these would've been created... and then shelved after Chicago changed their logo (for the first time).  It is very similar to their 2019 jersey but appears to have different proportions on the chest stripes. It also has a design on the back I've never seen.

Does anyone have any idea if this is an actual leak or a sample from Adidas?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Wait a second. My memory of the OG Chicago Fire kit was that the chest stripe trim and the wordmark were navy, not red and silver respectively. Google seems to suggest that both of them existed for some period of time?

american-soccer-mls-chicago-fire-v-dalla 

wlaedki8jg4eqihzqjv6.jpg 

• WOAH 1

LAFC leak with new front ad, mimicking the stadium sponsor (BMO).  I quite like it, and might be the one I pick up out of the bunch. 

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2023/09/lafc-2024-home-kit.html

Houstons Away got leaked and it’s purple? 
https://www.footyheadlines.com/2024/02/houston-dynamo-2024-away-kit.html

Feels very disconnected to me from front to back, not just because of the colors but also the switch from smooth organic curves on the front to the very modern, angular color-blocking effects on the back. The Adidas template underarm thing does not help matters here. Also could use some blue socks, but hey.

• Like 7

19 hours ago, WBeltz said:

Houstons Away got leaked and it’s purple? 
https://www.footyheadlines.com/2024/02/houston-dynamo-2024-away-kit.html

Looks like Houston is leaning heavy into local rap scene with the Purple Drank/Lean colored kit and chrome badging, a nod to the slab car culture and spoke elbow wheels down there. Intriguing but I like that they’re at least attempting it going out there… 

9 hours ago, NYWEL said:

Houston creativity - going for a replica of the Hendrix Kit

Hendrix lol 😂 …someone’s never heard of DJ Screw or chopped & screwed music. IYKYK. 

• Applause 1
NYCdog.png

1 hour ago, Digby said:

Feels very disconnected to me from front to back

Thats a problem with most of the shirts that have used this template, but the new Charlotte FC home might be the design that suffers the most with it.