2024 NFL Changes

19 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Predicting the Jets will revert back to these in ten years.

Chad-Pennington-Jets-Credit-USA-TODAY-Sp

"Five years." - Nike spokesdude

Actually, they don't need to with the NFL allowing 3rd helmets now. I have to wonder if Nike is pi$$ed at the NFL for this, because it severely limits their sinister plan to overhaul NFL uniforms every five years. 😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

Texans uniform descriptions

GLN-hb8akAAFhSf?format=jpg&name=large

Taking a stab at some predictions here:

1. will be the classic blue over white, and a mirror of the road uniform but without the stripes. the "traditional" is sticking with blue over white, the "classic" is just a plain jersey design.

2. the new road uniform, as we know. "traditional" is white over blue, "modernized" is the bull stripe on the sleeve

3. some kind of all red uniform. will include the bull stripe on the sleeve and maybe bull horns on a red helmet like the eagles or rams helmets

4. an all blue uniform that incorporates h-town blue and uses some h-town logo on the helmet

• Like 2

I've always loved that Jets logo and I'm glad it's back. I don't need the black alternates but they already had those with the last uniform, anyway.  I like what they've done.

• Like 3

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

1 hour ago, sky1324 said:

The new Jets set is a downgrade. The old set is boring, and the inclusion of green pants and a black alt means we'll still be seeing the same awful combos that plagued the Jets for the past few years. The only upgrade is the change to the logo, and even then, that's not very good. The previous set had way more character and was extremely fitting for the team. This says nothing except "we miss the '80s".

The 2018 set sucks so badly. They were not as great as anyone wanted them to be like.

• Like 1

There is not much to see, but the new Texans navy uniform is in the background of this video:

7zldv52.png

Confirmed red NOB with white numbers and red trim? Looks like the same numbers that got leaked on the white uniform

• Like 3
  • Applause 2

2 hours ago, bowld said:

Assume #3 is the white one that leaked.

#4 will likely be light blue so that leaves us with red and blue for 1 and 2

Honestly #2 could be the leaked white jersey.

10 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Here you go...

spacer.png

"This bold reinvention of a classic logo reflects the consistent organizational direction over the last half-century, and our commitment to it in the future."

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

1 minute ago, DCarp1231 said:

Reveal pending, I do applaud the Texans for getting fans so involved in the process. 30+ focus groups is plenty of input.

Devil's advocate - what do fans know about design? Do you end up throwing too much at the wall because of so much input?

• Like 7

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Devil's advocate - what do fans know about design? Do you end up throwing too much at the wall because of so much input?

When you do that much focus grouping on anything, it is far more likely that either the groups keep telling the group paying for them what they don't want to hear, or that the group paying for them has no idea what they want to hear, or can recognize good ideas when they hear them.

Please refrain from tasting the knob.

• Like 5
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

11 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

They put all the fan input from focus groups in a brief and gave it to Nike/NFL for the actual design process.  Because they tried to appease everyone with at least one uniform, I could see some criticism arising from the lack of continuity across each uniform.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

Predicting the Jets will revert back to these in ten years.

Chad-Pennington-Jets-Credit-USA-TODAY-Sp

These uniforms never looked right on a modern template, and jersey sleeves have gotten even smaller since the Pennington years. In the original 60s jersey, the "inner" stripe was a true hoop that went all the way around the arm, and the white sleeves were actually sleeves rather than shoulder caps. 

The New York Jets All-Time Best Players, Part 2 - Gang Green Nation

With tiny modern sleeves, the white had to be moved up further onto the shoulder, leading to the truncated inner stripe and even a little cutout from the white shoulder cap.

It2018 New York Jets Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV Info |  News, Scores, Highlights, Stats, and Rumors | Bleacher Report

This just looks bizarre and wrong. If they bring this back, they should modernize it to fit modern templates instead of trying to just paste a look that was designed for full sleeves onto a jersey with essentially no sleeves.

• Like 6
  • Dislike 1
oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

22 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Reveal pending, I do applaud the Texans for getting fans so involved in the process. 30+ focus groups is plenty of input.

Too many cooks in the kitchen.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, whitedawg22 said:

These uniforms never looked right on a modern template, and jersey sleeves have gotten even smaller since the Pennington years. In the original 60s jersey, the "inner" stripe was a true hoop that went all the way around the arm, and the white sleeves were actually sleeves rather than shoulder caps. 

The New York Jets All-Time Best Players, Part 2 - Gang Green Nation

With tiny modern sleeves, the white had to be moved up further onto the shoulder, leading to the truncated inner stripe and even a little cutout from the white shoulder cap.

It2018 New York Jets Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV Info |  News, Scores, Highlights, Stats, and Rumors | Bleacher Report

This just looks bizarre and wrong. If they bring this back, they should modernize it to fit modern templates instead of trying to just paste a look that was designed for full sleeves onto a jersey with essentially no sleeves.

Once again, all you would have to do to “fix” this is to flip the striping pattern on the shoulder insert from white-green-white to green-white-green and it’d look just like it did in the early 00s pre-Nike:

UPDATE:

2R5dVoR.png

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1