2024 NFL Changes

13 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

Oh, this advice never works out for anyone.

That reminds me, I still need to watch Zoo. I did watch a Justin Whang video on that topic, so I guess it counts?

Also, I really don’t care about the non-contrasting socks at all. Contrast would look better, but I don’t think it screws up a look at all. Or at least, to the same level as most people here.

Just because you have so many possible combos does not mean you need to show off all of them!

spacer.png

These have a couple redeeming qualities but definitely a few too many pieces of flair. They didn’t know when to stop and just said “give me all of it.”

spacer.png

And we have proven yet again the biggest epidemic to NFL uniforms remains what should be the easiest fix.

spacer.png

• Like 16

22 minutes ago, chriscj1983 said:

About time someone said what everyone was thinking.

You know, when I was in upper elementary school, a cousin of mine was born. She’s a super nice person, but as an infant she…shall we say, she had an odd head shape. She resembled the popular portrayal of a Martian. 👽 

To be clear, the whole extended family was thinking this. I was just the only one to blurt it out. 

And so it remains…

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • WOAH 1

9 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Just because you have so many possible combos does not mean you need to show off all of them!

spacer.png

These have a couple redeeming qualities but definitely a few too many pieces of flair. They didn’t know when to stop and just said “give me all of it.”

Here’s the fix:

1.  Navy Helmet

2. Orange Jersey (home) White Jersey (away)

3. White Pants

4.  Navy Socks

This is all the team should ever wear.  The White helmet, Navy uniform, Orange pants, and Orange and White socks should all go in the incinerator.

We need to shame these teams out of thinking all of these combos are necessary.   All it does is devalue the primary look and water down the identity.

• Like 3
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, HOOVER said:

Here’s the fix:

1.  Navy Helmet

2. Orange Jersey (home) White Jersey (away)

3. White Pants

4.  Navy Socks

This is all the team should ever wear.  The White helmet, Navy uniform, Orange pants, and Orange and White socks should all go in the incinerator.

We need to shame these teams out of thinking all of these combos are necessary.   All it does is devalue the primary look and water down the identity.

I agree about the white helmet, navy pants, and white socks - they should all be disposed of. I would like the orange pants if they’d ever wear navy socks with them. 

• Like 4

The Broncos redesign is simply underwhelming. This set won't last much longer than 5 years if it isn't scrapped as soon as they're able to. Almost every concept floating around was better than what they came up with. It's like these teams feel the need to be the smartest guy in the room with their refusal to just modernize their classic looks.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

And we have proven yet again the biggest epidemic to NFL uniforms remains what should be the easiest fix.

spacer.png

There are rules the league could use or, failing that, create. There just needs to be the will for enforcement, and right now there isn’t. 

Navy/orange/white and navy/white/orange should be the go-to home and road combos IMO, but both need navy socks. I think navy/white/white and navy/white/navy are both solid options with contrasting socks. Unless/until the white helmets are scrapped, they should only wear those with the white/navy/white combo (with navy socks). White/navy/navy, navy/orange/orange, and especially white/navy/orange should never see the light of day.

• Like 4

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Just now, VikWings said:

True, but if you can't come up with anything as good or better and keep trotting out gimmicky crap, then just give us the throwback uniform.

Bingo. Look at what the Broncos just released - which is far from the worst of Nike’s redesigns! - and then compare it against the pics of the throwback. Then tell me which one is better. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Kirill_The_Thrill97 said:

CTESPN's alleged leak of a new Vikings alternate...

GLs-ptyXwAAEZtV?format=jpg&name=900x900

I don't think we spent enough time today talking about how horrific these are gonna be. Icicles on the numbers??

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

Not every team needs to look exactly the same as they did 50 years ago at all times. Especially for a team like the Broncos whose greatest success has come in modern uniforms.

They could have used the color rush with white pants and made a blue and white counterpart and knocked this out of the park. It would have split the two eras nicely and been a great modern classic. You could have even kept the current logo over the D.

But instead they needed to tell us for the million time in a sports uniform that Colorado has mountains and Denver is 5280 feet above sea level. Just like the Rockies and Nuggets have done before. At least the Rockies are actually named after the mountains. This is for a team called the Broncos.

Again, not everything needs to be a throwback, and I don't hate these, probably a mid-tier Nike-redeseign, but not every sports uniform needs a gimmick. Uniforms now a days are designed to have a shelf life.

I honestly rather the NFL have a City 4th alt that changes every 3 years or something like the NBA/MLB does than these that get designed to become outdated in 5-10 years..

• Like 6

I'm surpised at the amount of people saying this new Broncos set is an upgrade over the outgoing one. Sure, the previous uniforms probably stuck around a few years or so past their welcome, but I simply cannot envision this new design having nearly the same amount of staying power. 

I was a bigger fan than most of the "narrative uniform" trend, where each design element has a unique reasoning and explanation behind it ("Nike-speak," in not as many words), but that trend feels very much of the 2010's. Most other teams nowadays are ditching those identities for something more traditionally-based, with maybe the slightest of modern twists. While the '97 set was ahead of its time, this set feels like it's about 10 years too late. 

I didn't necessarily love the '97 set or anything, I was about ready for it to go, but pretty much everything in these new uniforms is a downgrade for me. I loved the outgoing number font, it was distinctly Broncos yet clearly readable, that could've stayed their font forever. The new helmet stripe and the sleeve design are both very strange; the helmet gives very clear Seahawks vibes, while I can't help but see the Chargers logo on the sleeves. The fading triangles in the numbers had a surprisingly fitting explanation, but I still don't like perforations. The pant stripe sort of  jives with the sleeve, but not entirely. The combinations all matching the pants with the socks don't make me feel much better about the whole thing either.

I'm not usually ever a "they should just revert to the throwbacks & call it a day" kind of a person, but this is one situation where they really could have gone back to the Orange Crush (although I would have preferred the 60's look), updated a few things, and it would've been a really solid redesign. This reminds me of the Rams' rebrand where the solution was truly so simple & they just tried to do too much.

• Like 10
  • Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Ugh, this is the beginning of the end. The flood gates have been opened. Toothpaste is out of the tube. 

This league will be unrecognizable in a few more seasons. 

We can always rely on the Raiders to look like the Raiders. And maybe the Chiefs. The rest of the league is f🤬ed.

• Like 2

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, KouPilot said:

I don't mind the uniform combos on the mannequins at the broncos stadium store spacer.png

That navy looks DARK! If I only saw the helmet, I'd think I was looking at the bat suit.

• Like 1

It's where I sit.