New Orleans Hornets 3rd/alts unveiled---

B-Rich

These were posted in the local paper this morning. I clipped and scanned, thus the quality of the pic:

gold2.jpg

Pretty hideous. Why they didn't go with purple numbers and wordmarks accented with teal, I'll never understand.

In general, too, their teal should be more green than blue in order to go along with the implied "Mardi Gras" scheme of purple, gold, and green (teal).

At least we'll be wearing the pretty sharp whites at home for the rest of the year....

It is what it is.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not exciting, but I don't think it's really that bad. I kinda like it, in fact. But they do need some more trim on all their jerseys, at least on the arm holes.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

But they do need some more trim on all their jerseys, at least on the arm holes.

Exactly. Some trim around the arms and a colored waist might improve it a little.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

I personally think they're pretty cool. They're aren't many teams that use yellow as the primary color on some of their jerseys if not at all.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

The colors look nice, but they could have done something other than just flip colors around. Maybe integrate honeycomb into a stripe pattern or something. Of course you can see these guys coming from a mile away since the yellow is so dang bold

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

But they do need some more trim on all their jerseys, at least on the arm holes.

Exactly. Some trim around the arms and a colored waist might improve it a little.

Both of you are correct on the sleeve trim issue, and this is true for the regular home (white) and away (teal) jerseys as well.

It is what it is.

Archived