New Orleans Saints to ?

uozzim

Tulane Stadium still exists?

According to stadiumsofnfl.com:

The Saints played their last game at Tulane Stadium on December 8, 1974 against the Cardinals. The final game ever at the stadium was Super Bowl IX in January 1975. Tulane Stadium was the home of the Tulane Green Wave and the annual Sugar Bowl game for near a half a century before both were moved to the Superdome. Tulane Stadium was demolished in 1980 and is now the site of a recreation and athletic center.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe it was wishful thinking, but USA Today said that Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge (LSU) didn't sustain much visible damage, and they're doing construction on a new West upper deck, so my guess would be that they play there for a couple games at least.

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

Yah, I'd have to say that a new stadium for the Saints is the least of New Orleans's worries at the moment...

Besides, with the way things are going (as in 80% of the city is presently flooded), it's not looking too good for the Saints/Giants game being at the Superdome on the 18th, IMO...and that's mostly b/c it'd be pretty hard to get IN to the city, much less play a game.

I have a feeling that the Saints will be calling either Baton Rouge or Shreveport home for at least 1 or 2 games...

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

The Zephyrs in the PCL... what a crazy thing, a team based in the coast of the Atlantic Ocean plays in a League based in the Pacific Ocean.

Weren't the Zephyrs absorbed by the PCL when Minor League Baseball reorganized AAA and did away with the old American Association? I should know this since our current team here in Louisville (Redbirds/Riverbats/Bats) was absorbed by the International League, but I can't remember all of the old American Association teams.

I like the prospect of a "trial run" in LA. But something closer seems more likely, even San Antonio.

Here are some city and school ideas:

Phoenix

San Antonio

Birmingham

Possibly if not damaged:

Tallahasee

LaTech

LSU

U of Arkansas

U of Alabama

There are probably more thats just a rough idea of the options. Itll probably be like what SD did in Phoenix where money and donations were accepted for tickets and whoever shows shows. I dont think the season ticket holders in SD had a problem with the move.

Did the Independence Bowl sustain any damage? I'd think they play there before Tiger Stadium.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

I like the prospect of a "trial run" in LA. But something closer seems more likely, even San Antonio.

Here are some city and school ideas:

Phoenix

San Antonio

Birmingham

Possibly if not damaged:

Tallahasee

LaTech

LSU

U of Arkansas

U of Alabama

There are probably more thats just a rough idea of the options. Itll probably be like what SD did in Phoenix where money and donations were accepted for tickets and whoever shows shows. I dont think the season ticket holders in SD had a problem with the move.

Phoenix may be a problem, only if the Cardinals and the Saints have to have a home game on the same day

la saints? i dunno... after this disaster, i could see the saints saying goodbye forever. maybe moving to LSU. The Baton Rouge Saints, hmm.., this might be a good opportunity to bring a team west to la or portland and get teams like st. louis or kansas city out of west divisions.

They could play the home opener at Baton Rouge, since LSU is off that weekend. The Saints' next home game is October 2, and LSU is at Mississippi State that weekend. Their next home game is against Atlanta, and if the Superdome is still not ready, they could swap dates. After that, the next home game falls on the same day as another bye week for LSU (how the heck do they get to do that?). So in effect, Baton Rouge can be their home field at least for September and October. Not sure what Tulane is to do...

I think they should have enough things together by the time the Sugar Bowl comes around. At least enough to support playing the game. I also think that they will do all they can to make sure the game gets played at the Superdome to help give the city and it's citizens a morale victory. That goes for getting thing ready so that the Saints can have a few games there, too.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

Since likely the Saints won't be able to play their first couple games

The freakin city is basically underwater. One of the bridges connecting Mississippi to N.O. is GONE. The roads are FUBAR'd. The question isn't whether or not they'll be able to play games there. The question is how the hell are they even going to get BACK to N.O., other than plane????

nobody seems to care where the zephyrs will be playing the rest of their games in the pcl! where will they be?

The Zephyrs in the PCL... what a crazy thing, a team based in the coast of the Atlantic Ocean plays in a League based in the Pacific Ocean.

New Orleans is ACTUALLY Situated on the Mississippi River, the southern most point on Lake Ponchartrain, and a Bayou. New Orleans is situated at least a good 600 to 800 miles from the Atlantic.

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

Dear NoHoJoe:

New Orléans is situated on the Mississippi river, has the lake Ponchartrain and is pretty near of the Gulf of Mexico.

ALL of those water bodies ARE part of the Atlantic Ocean.

---------------

Hey folks! Did you know that the Zephyrs Website is one of the Katrina's casualities? This website went out of service.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Tulane Stadium still exists?

According to stadiumsofnfl.com:

The Saints played their last game at Tulane Stadium on December 8, 1974 against the Cardinals. The final game ever at the stadium was Super Bowl IX in January 1975. Tulane Stadium was the home of the Tulane Green Wave and the annual Sugar Bowl game for near a half a century before both were moved to the Superdome. Tulane Stadium was demolished in 1980 and is now the site of a recreation and athletic center.

Tulane also plays at the SuperDome now.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The Saints should relocate for this year and use it as a way to raise funds for the hurricane relief. And when I mean relocate, I mean outside of the effected region.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Archived