New Orleans Saints to ?

uozzim

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Since likely the Saints won't be able to play their first couple games

The freakin city is basically underwater. One of the bridges connecting Mississippi to N.O. is GONE. The roads are FUBAR'd. The question isn't whether or not they'll be able to play games there. The question is how the hell are they even going to get BACK to N.O., other than plane????

Right now, even planes aren't an option.....

Most likely, with power probably not going to be repaired before October, they'll play the games in Death Valley. The stadium is plenty big enough, and I really don't think it'll matter to the players or the league if Tigers' logos are on the field instead of Saints' logos. It's not a long drive for the Saints' fans based in New Orleans.

Per NOLA.com the site of the New Orleans Times-Picayune the Saints will relocate to San Antonio for the foreseeable future. Owner Tom Benson has ties to San Antonio. Where they will play their home opener is still up in the air.

San Antonio seems to be the most logical option for the Saints given Benson's connections down there...

Personally, I'd have been more in favor of Baton Rouge or Shreveport, but I can understand the reasonings.

The Astrodome can officially be ruled out of any consideration seeing that it's gonna be used as a shelter for the folks that are currently at the Superdome (saw this info as a breaking news flash on MSNBC)

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Hmm...the San Antonio Saints or if in English the Saint Anthony Saints

Wasn't there talks about the Saints moving to San Antonio in years past anyway? Would they make the move permanate if say the Saints were offered a sweet deal? And if they did move to stay, does that mean they would change their logo, or name, or even colors? I really cannot imagine the fleur-de-lis working in Texas.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

I have heard the Alamodome or LSU. I don't think they even considered the Astrodome before it became a shelter. Houston is an NFL city they are not going to have team play it's home games in a city which already is home to a team. I think the NFL will look to keep the team in Louisiana.

I have heard the Alamodome or LSU. I don't think they even considered the Astrodome before it became a shelter. Houston is an NFL city they are not going to have team play it's home games in a city which already is home to a team. I think the NFL will look to keep the team in Louisiana.

I don't think they would have much of a choice other than San Antonio or Houston. The Texans have offered to let the Saints play home games there when they are not playing there.

NEWS: Saints to fly to San Antonio on Friday to begin practice at Alamodome.

I remember Minnesota being tied to a San Antonio move before the new owners last year. I think the Saints in San Antonio are a done deal. All they need to do is announce the plans for this year. As of a permanent move? Probably not. I think that this hurracane is going to be a rallying point and NO team is going to relocate permanantly any time soon.

GO LA COLTS!?!!

A road schedule? I'm sorry, will, but you're crazy!

I believe the last team to have an all road schedule (the Arena League's Houston Thunderbears) folded after a rather crappy season. Trust me, it won't work.

I say they should have their home games at Baton Rouge. Having the games at Tiger Stadium will not give them a bit of a home field advantage, but it'll be great for the healing of the state after Katrina. Saint fans and LSU Tiger fans down in Baton Rouge on the weekend would do so much for the healing process.

Sheesh. Talk about having my mind elsewhere.

When I first read this, I thought uozzim wrote, "With Katarina Witt taking dead aim at New Orleans. ..."

And I'm thinking, "What's Katarina Witt doing with New Orleans?"

Oh well. But it's not bad when you have reason to think of Katarina Witt.

The above comments by me, as it turns out, are very crass, and I apologize to everyone for them.

When I wrote them, my thoughts were anywhere near Hurricane Katrina. I thought the hurricane would, ahem, just blow over like minor hurricanes, so I thought a little humor wouldn't hurt.

I was wrong, and in this case, the humor was bad and it did hurt. Heck, I was even hurt by my own words.

Again, I offer my sincere apologizes and ask for your forgiveness.

Thank you.

They're busing the refugees from the Superdome to the Astrodome. The gov of Texas and the mayor of Houston says they have cancelled all events there (rodeos, etc) for the rest of the year, and it will be converted into a long-term housing facility.

CK3ZP8E.jpg

NEWS: Saints to fly to San Antonio on Friday to begin practice at Alamodome.

I remember Minnesota being tied to a San Antonio move before the new owners last year. I think the Saints in San Antonio are a done deal. All they need to do is announce the plans for this year. As of a permanent move? Probably not. I think that this hurracane is going to be a rallying point and NO team is going to relocate permanantly any time soon.

GO LA COLTS!?!!

I don't think that nobody will anounce a permanent move of the Saints this year.

Why? Because it may be interpreted as a lack of moral support to a punished city like New Orléans.

May be the Saints will play in 2005 as the New Orléans Saints homing in S.A. After that, let's see what will happen.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

I think no matter where the Siants this year go no matter if its home or road all the money from the game on tickets shouls go to disaster relief.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived