new kits for 07/08 season

kc51design

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I think Wast Ham should have had points deducted, the decision had already been made a long time ago.

A long time ago? The decision was just announced on April 27.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...utd/6594613.stm

I disagree - had the decision been made in October or November, they would have deducted points. I suspect that they didn't now because it would have been an automatic relegation sentence, and the new West Ham owners would have sued for the Premiership television money.

Had they deducted points months ago, they could have washed their hands of it. To deduct now would be to give the appearance that they were deliberately relegating an historic London team, and they just don't have the backbone to stand up to any criticism, regardless of the justification.

While I think Wast Ham should have had points deducted, the decision had already been made a long time ago.

A long time ago? The decision was just announced on April 27.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...utd/6594613.stm

I disagree - had the decision been made in October or November, they would have deducted points. I suspect that they didn't now because it would have been an automatic relegation sentence, and the new West Ham owners would have sued for the Premiership television money.

Had they deducted points months ago, they could have washed their hands of it. To deduct now would be to give the appearance that they were deliberately relegating an historic London team, and they just don't have the backbone to stand up to any criticism, regardless of the justification.

Oh! :oops: Two weeks seemed like a long a time ago.... :D

I saw, I came, I left.

Hertha Berlin:

IMG_5211.jpg

Nice to see Nike looks to be staying with the simpler, more elegant design. I wonder if Man U will be using the kit on the left. The previous photo wasn't really clear.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

_42919579_stead_pa.jpg

Sheffield United: Playing at a bottom of the EPL near you

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

West Ham were correctly found to have deceived the PL with regards to Tevez and Mascherano's economic rights and rightly fined for it but their transfers complied with all of FIFA's regulations and the EPL's rules on the matter were sketchy at best. As the players were registered by the FA in the first place they had every right to play them.

If there is an administrative error/dispute not relating to football it shouldn't result in a points deduction. Ignoring the straw-clutching of the relegated clubs, there were plenty of other clubs in the EPL who thought the loan/purchase arrangement for Tevez and Mascherano was perfectly legitimate, but maybe they didn't have an incentive in seeing 1 less relegation place to be fought over?

liverpool-1.png

It's not the crime that gets you, it's the cover-up. See "Nixon, Richard" and "Gonzales, Alberto".

West Ham deserved the points deduction for lying to the Premier League alone.

If the rules were really "sketchy at best", then confusion would have been a legitimate defense, and would have necessitated no deception. They knew that the rules had been deliberately broken and tried to conceal same.

you forgot one, "Clinton, Bill"

this coming from a guy with "draft fred thompson" above his sig. the role of president might be a little meatier than one in die hard 2. didnt we learn from reagan what kind of damage a hack actor can do to this country?

I gladly stand corrected. We can lose the political jibes.

In every case, it's about the cover-up, whatever form it takes. In the case of Nixon, it was actual crimes. In the cases of Clinton and Gonzales, there wasn't actually any wrongdoing until the obfuscation started.

Same with West Ham, and that's why they should have been docked points. I maintain that had this come out in December they would have, but the FA is too cowardly to do it now.

Hertha Berlin:

IMG_5211.jpg

no, yes.

:D

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Archived