new college 07-08 bball unis

New UCLA duds (with the same yellow C from their football endzone commemorating their 100th school NCAA Championship):

capt.3763147d3e15462ea2abf670d2984133.ucla_media_day_basketball_ksd102.jpg

Not only does that player look like a total tool, but that yellow C is just plain ridiculous. Unique, yes; fashionable, no.

It's not like the Cubs are going to make the C in their wordmark pink to celebrate 100 seasons without a World Series.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw the Texas Longhorns new unis today in the building where the basketball offices are (also have class rooms). The team must've been going to get the team picture. They are also the new form fitting styles like Ohio St./Syracuse last year.

New UCLA duds (with the same yellow C from their football endzone commemorating their 100th school NCAA Championship):

capt.3763147d3e15462ea2abf670d2984133.ucla_media_day_basketball_ksd102.jpg

Not only does that player look like a total tool, but that yellow C is just plain ridiculous. Unique, yes; fashionable, no.

It's not like the Cubs are going to make the C in their wordmark pink to celebrate 100 seasons without a World Series.

That about sums it up. It's a nice idea - for a game or two. Wearing it for the whole season is ridiculous, I don't think UCLA's football team is going to make the C in the helmet white.

And I think #42 is Kevin Love. Hey may look like a tool there, but he'll probably be the guy keeping my cougs from winning the Pac-10 this year. I wonder if they'll do anything weird with the road unis.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

For the University of Memphis from Memphis Commercial Appeal's sports blog (Dan Wolken is the CA's beat writer for the Tigers):

I got a little preview of Memphis? new uniforms. Don?t expect anything much different than what they were last year. The striping on last year?s uniforms actually did not meet NCAA specification. Since that was Adidas? goof, the NCAA let Memphis and a couple other teams who were wearing that uniform template finish the year with it. Basically, this year?s edition is the same uniform with some adjustment on the stripes.

I think Rutgers also used the same Adidas template last year.

memphisglossy.png

For the University of Memphis from Memphis Commercial Appeal's sports blog (Dan Wolken is the CA's beat writer for the Tigers):

I got a little preview of Memphis? new uniforms. Don?t expect anything much different than what they were last year. The striping on last year?s uniforms actually did not meet NCAA specification. Since that was Adidas? goof, the NCAA let Memphis and a couple other teams who were wearing that uniform template finish the year with it. Basically, this year?s edition is the same uniform with some adjustment on the stripes.

good to know cause i hated the striping they used last year

good to know cause i hated the striping they used last year

I actually liked it quite a bit. It was unique in a way that adidas uniforms rarely are (due to their fear of being like Nike, many adidas jerseys are far too plain).

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

This is a University of Maryland Media Day photo. It looks like another "System of Dress" uniform. I'm disappointed, because I think the prior look had become something of a signature look even though other teams have used that template. At least it looks like they kept some of the black/gold/black stripes in the piping on the back (if you look at the shoulders of the players in the front row).

33175330.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

This is a University of Maryland Media Day photo. It looks like another "System of Dress" uniform. I'm disappointed, because I think the prior look had become something of a signature look even though other teams have used that template. At least it looks like they kept some of the black/gold/black stripes in the piping on the back (if you look at the shoulders of the players in the front row).

33175330.jpg

Yeah, they run all the way down the back of the jersey from what I've seen. And IMO look ridiculous. I hate the system of dress stuff.

We are one!

Marquette throwbacks, according to UniWatch.

oldmarq-793420.jpg

Oh my. They should save those for the tournament and blind the competition off the court. It'd be a heck of a secret weapon.

Is this really a throwback? What year? All I remember were the years when Marquette had the over-the-waistband jerseys with the arrowheads on the sides, and the name below the number -- kind of like women's hoops in the 70s.

33175330.jpg

Yeah, they run all the way down the back of the jersey from what I've seen. And IMO look ridiculous. I hate the system of dress stuff.

You're not lying:

click here for a picture

Oof. That's terrible.

Figured I'd put a link to this here. I didn't realize there was already a 2007 College Basketball Uni thread....FSU's new shorts:

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=53247

11914822l.jpg

WOW i really like FSU's new shorts im just want too know if they changed the tops too match up with them. If they have same tops from last year i dont think there gonna look right.

Figured I'd put a link to this here. I didn't realize there was already a 2007 College Basketball Uni thread....FSU's new shorts:

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=53247

11914822l.jpg

WOW i really like FSU's new shorts im just want too know if they changed the tops too match up with them. If they have same tops from last year i dont think there gonna look right.

Look four posts up on this page. It's in black and white.

33175330.jpg

Ugly. On the bright side, maybe I'll be able to find last year's unis at a discount.

even money louisville changes this year. every year since pitino has been here, there has been some sort of change made to the uniform, from minor (going from old english L to the L that is used now) to radical (2003-04 to 2004-05 to 2005-06 to 2006-07)

And not one of his designs look half as good as a classic, simple Denny Crum-era uni.

truth

although some of the designs i don't think were as horrible as many had thought. i liked the tri-color rainbow on the back of the shorts. those are my second favorite cardinal unis behind the classic plain look that coach crum used (not counting the ones that they used at the end of his career. never liked those much)

another year, another university of louisville men's basketball uni design. and these are pretty simple. i like em.

back view

front view

Archived