Players in the "wrong" uniforms

8 hours ago, Michael Bolton said:

I forgot this had happened (my bad if it's been posted already, 277 pages is a lot to sift through.)

da09cd99c1eb2560314ab04d96f95827.jpg emmittbloguse.jpg

That uniform is double wrong because the Cardinals never should have gone monochrome in that set. It was so handsome before Reebok ruined it.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

20 hours ago, Walter Sobchak said:

Right team wrong uniform: Matt Ryan in the Falcons old black alternate.

IMG_0114.JPG

I wouldn't necessarily call this the wrong uniform. No Falcons QB is primarily associated with that uni, but Vick/Ryan are both associated with the red jersey, and of course the black one follows as a "right" uniform for them.

21 minutes ago, bwburke94 said:

I wouldn't necessarily call this the wrong uniform. No Falcons QB is primarily associated with that uni, but Vick/Ryan are both associated with the red jersey, and of course the black one follows as a "right" uniform for them.

What makes it the wrong uniform for Matt Ryan is that he only wore it in his rookie season.

1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

Jagr in Jersey was weird to me tj begin with. Jagr in a throwback Devils jersey is even more strange. 

IMG_1208.JPG

Very weird, because he played against the Devils in that jersey when it wasn't a throwback. Red/green Devils and early Jagr overlapped by two seasons.

• Like 2

When I was a child, all I knew about hockey was informed by NHL 94 on Sega Genesis. We would take turns playing as the Penguins because we knew Lemiux was awesome (and he was in the game -- a 100 rating!), but there was this guy Jagr (that we obviously pronounced "Jagger") would always rack us assists and goals too.

It's insane that a dominant athlete from my childhood -- and I'm in my mid-30s -- is still playing at a high level today.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

10 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

When I was a child, all I knew about hockey was informed by NHL 94 on Sega Genesis. We would take turns playing as the Penguins because we knew Lemiux was awesome (and he was in the game -- a 100 rating!), but there was this guy Jagr (that we obviously pronounced "Jagger") would always rack us assists and goals too.

It's insane that a dominant athlete from my childhood -- and I'm in my mid-30s -- is still playing at a high level today.

NHL 94/95/96 was mandatory playing for any hockey fan then. I remember NHL 95 had a master roster list included with the cartridge. I may or may not still have it but it was pretty cool to look at. 

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

On this episode of "right team, wrong uniform", we twist the plot with one that looks quite wrong, but should've been right all along:

IMG_5703.JPG

Stupid mid-00's piping fad!

At least they can adopt these as throwbacks even with the one-helmet rule. Haven't seen any evidence that they want to, but at least it's possible.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

At least they can adopt these as throwbacks even with the one-helmet rule. Haven't seen any evidence that they want to, but at least it's possible.

I hope they do somewhere down the road. I miss that look a lot.

If they were to go back to them full-time, I'd want the current logo to stay. But everything else can come right back just as it was.

• Like 1

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Some more Alex English in the wrong uni...

After the Bucks, had a stint with Indiana:

Picture.aspx?width=1000&height=1000&id=7

Finished his career with a 1-year stop in Dallas:

GkIx9glSz8CPMThw==

During his 2 1/2 minutes with the Celtics during the '86 preseason:

Alex+English+Celtics.JPG

And a case of right team, wrong uni:

alex-english-of-the-denver-nuggets-looks

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, larrypep said:

Wow, I can't believe they let that happen.  I guess it was cheaper than staging a fake game.  

It kinda reminds of when Ahmad Rashad played a preseason game with the 76ers as part of a promotional thing for Inside Stuff. 

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 3

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin