NFL Re-Design Extravaganza!

bohob

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Next, I have the Chiefs. This one has a lot more change. One thing that has always bothered me about the Chiefs set is the use of black on the helmets but not on the uniforms, and the use of yellow on the uniforms but not on the helmets. I decided to make the pieces match while going in a much more modern direction. I made the facemask yellow to match it with the yellow piping and to incorporate more yellow into the helmet. I decided that contrasting nameplates on the dark jerseys would also help incorporate more yellow. The stripe on the pants is an abstraction of a feather. And I know there are some people out there who are screaming about the black alts, but with the yellow piping, it makes more sense (didn't want 4 sets of pants). Plus, I'm sure I would hear just as much complaining about a yellow alt jersey.

i think these would look great with gold instead of yellow eg st. louis rams

OK.. so I worked a little on the 49ers. I ditched the gold jersey and developed a brown alternate.I think the brown lets it still be the 49ers, although it hasn't been one of their colors before. I think it works well with the gold. I ditched the red mono and went with a red jersey-white pants look that works a bit better. I also tried the logo suggestion by spitz, but it just wasn't balanced. It looked like the 9 would fall on its back.

49ers_home2.jpg

49ers_alt2.jpg

C&C is always appreciated.

Love the "49" accent on the pants. I also like the return to the old red and gold while keeping the modern logo.

Dump the alts entirely. The whole alt trend in sports is just out of hand. Not feeling the introduction of brown in this concept.

The number font is daring. Though it looks alright on a concept, I think it would look like crap on fabric. I would go back to the standard varsity-style numbers from the 1980's and keep it simple. White numbers trimmed in gold on the dark jerseys and red numbers trimmed in gold on the away jerseys.

I love your Lions concept. They need to do something over there in Detroit. A reinvention a-la Atlanta Falcons, Arizona Cardinals, or Tampa Bay Bucs may be in order.

mainescarf.png

Next, I have the Chiefs. This one has a lot more change. One thing that has always bothered me about the Chiefs set is the use of black on the helmets but not on the uniforms, and the use of yellow on the uniforms but not on the helmets. I decided to make the pieces match while going in a much more modern direction. I made the facemask yellow to match it with the yellow piping and to incorporate more yellow into the helmet. I decided that contrasting nameplates on the dark jerseys would also help incorporate more yellow. The stripe on the pants is an abstraction of a feather. And I know there are some people out there who are screaming about the black alts, but with the yellow piping, it makes more sense (didn't want 4 sets of pants). Plus, I'm sure I would hear just as much complaining about a yellow alt jersey.

i think these would look great with gold instead of yellow eg st. louis rams

Then they would look like the 49ers.

Well, I'm taking this time in which I don't have the energy to re-do the Panthers logo, and I am going back through and editing teams that I didn't quite get right the first time. So without further adieu, the Tennessee Titans… again. The main change on the logo set is the colors. They are now columbia blue, burgundy, and silver. I also added a new wordmark, to match the numerals, which now feature a bevel. I didn't continue the shoulder stripe down the sides like before. Instead, I ended them at the sleeves similar to the way they are on the pants. This allows for more mixing and matching options, although I only took the top two sets for each jersey.

titans2_ID.jpg

titans2_home.jpg

titans2_away.jpg

titans2_alt.jpg

Anyways, C&C is always appreciated. Let's hear what the masses have to say!

Well, considering the (almost) complete lack of enthusiasm for the revised Titans concept, I decided to go back and make a few edits. First off, I re-worked the bevel on the wordmarks and numerals, which I think works better now. I also went back and re-worked the shoulder striping/piping, so the the sleeve area isn't awkward like it was before. The collar on the previous version seemed problematic, so I completely changed that. I decided to edit the pants to match the jerseys better as well. I hope this more polished version will draw more critique, as I was somewhat disappointed by the lack of response the previous version got.

titans2_ID2.jpg

titans2_home2.jpg

titans2_away2.jpg

titans2_alt2.jpg

Each one of these sets are great but

"Not so fast!"- Lee Corso

I don't like the Titans at all, those colours just don't go well together.

Well, they do go together, when using the right shades:

0rrgem0gggdlj3t695efqku0r.gif

Chage it to something more like this and you'll be good.

OK.. so I worked a little on the 49ers. I ditched the gold jersey and developed a brown alternate.I think the brown lets it still be the 49ers, although it hasn't been one of their colors before. I think it works well with the gold. I ditched the red mono and went with a red jersey-white pants look that works a bit better. I also tried the logo suggestion by spitz, but it just wasn't balanced. It looked like the 9 would fall on its back.

49ers_home2.jpg

49ers_alt2.jpg

C&C is always appreciated.

I think these niners unis look great. 9 times out of 10 I am a HUGE proponent of block numbers. And I certainly almost never like the style that you chose. But for some reason, it just looks great here. I think it matches some instances of the "49" in their identity? I'd probably like to see a bit more gold on the jersey. Maybe in the sleeve stripes or more evident on the number trim. Otherwise, great. Love the gold pants.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived