NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

SensNewJersey.jpg

SensNewJersey2.jpg

care of TrevertoLindongoFan @ www.forumice.com

He found these at a local Jersey City in BC somewhere. He says they also had a Kings 3rd out there as well but the batteries in his phone died before he could snap a pic.

Someone's going to have the license to sell Reebok jerseys revoked if they are found out!

God those are awful. Although the text is actually kind of cool looking now that you can see how detailed it is... The rest of that... such a mess.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SensNewJersey.jpg

SensNewJersey2.jpg

He found these at a local Jersey City in BC somewhere. He says they also had a Kings 3rd out there as well but the batteries in his phone died before he could snap a pic.

Dear God, using text aint a bad thought but slapping Sens as the text is horrible to me, Something wrong with spelling out Senators?. I honestly wish they would have used the O logo.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

Blackhawks in red on the road again tonight, as the Stars debut their white alternates, which are the spitting image of their road jerseys.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Sens wordmark is actually pretty decent looking. Obviously the use of it is plain terrible, but it's designed nicely. Would work well for something like... perhaps the Sens fan club or a logo for some other community involvement thing.

Wade-sig.png

The Stars are in the new alts tonight, so that does put the Blackhawks in red for the second straight road game.

My guess is you'll see the Hawks in red 3 games in a row on the road when they are in Toronto on Saturday. Toronto loves wearing that 3rd when they play an O6 teams = Hawks in red.

So, it looks like they've been wearing red these games to accomodate Toronto, and Dallas was a bonus.

Hawks are going back to Chicago after Toronto, as they aren't playing game 4 of the 6 game road trip until Mid-week...so they can pick up the whites for the back half of the road trip.

SensNewJersey.jpg

SensNewJersey2.jpg

There not as bad as people say they are

They look pretty sweet

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Everyone needs to remove the images when they are quoting. It makes the page 10x longer to load and 10x longer overall.

Sens... it's not a bad jersey itself, it's just that they could have done so much better.

Sharks... it is what it is. I don't love it, I don't hate it.

Kings... I wish they'd do more with purple.

The Good: :winner:

Boston Bruins: Well done jersey. People bitch about no hem stripes but this jersey works.

Buffalo Sabres: Fantastic jersey. Great update to the old style jerseys. Even with the piping it is still a good jersey. (Definitely no Humanot design!)

Chicago Blackhawks: tough to mess this one up. Same as the old, still as good.

Edmonton Oilers: the vintage look works. Glad they went back to the royal blue instead of using the navy, the collar is an interesting cut, not great but not terrible.

Montreal Canadiens: Really went all out with the jerseys they have come out with. All are well designed and good modernizations of the throwbacks.

New York Islanders: Much like the Oilers, the royal blue works for them as well.

Philadelphia Flyers: Incredible jersey. Great authentic retro feel. Awesome to see the white nameplates.

Pittsburgh Penguins: We knew it was coming and it was what was expected. Great jersey all around. Would have loved a scarf!

San Jose Sharks: Even though people will complain that it is too plain. It is a great jersey. The full bodied shark on the front looks great. Would have been even better to just use the "diamond shark fin" as the shoulder patch.

Toronto Maple Leafs: Another one that was tough to mess up and luckily MLE didn't! Great jersey, classic feel.

Vancouver Canucks: Awesome to see Johnny Canuck on the shoulders. Would have been neat to see a green jersey. Not a fan of the modernized "stick-in-rink" logo. Should have kept the stick straight in the logo.

Winter Classic Jerseys: Detroit and Chicago- Both teams will look great on January 1st! Nice retro feel and good to see detroit doing something a little different!

The Average: :mellow:

Carolina Hurricanes: Decent jersey. Dislike the monotone shouder patches. Front logo works well.

Dallas Stars: This actually has potential to be a great jersey but the lack of green kills it. I know the Stars seem to be drifting from green but it really could use more green. If the stripes on the arms were green or the base of the jersey was green, it would be fantastic.

Los Angeles Kings: I actually like this jersey. The Kings have always had some type of "pencil head" in their logo and this is a good way to get back to it. It is a decent jersey, will be interesting to see in a game but it is just lacking something that brings it all together.

St. Louis Blues: You can't really find anything wrong with this jersey but when you look at it, it doesn't feel right. The jersey doesn't fit with the Blues identity. You can't help but feel the design was misplaced, like it should be for a different club. It's almost a kids sweater you'd see in a Zellers. Just some general design that could really fit to any team. I do however enjoy the inclusion of the Gateway!

The Bad: :huh:

Atlanta Thrashers: After seeing these in action. They definitely fell on my list. Some interesting elements and creative ideas but when it comes together it just looks like autumn leaves in a blender.

Ottawa Senators: SENS. Whoever let this idea get passed should be fired. It is moronic. The side stripes that come stabbing into the center of the jersey also throw it off big time. If you got rid of the side stripes that arc into the jersey and slapped the 2D logo on the front, they would have a huge huge success on their hands. The jersey would fly off the shelves.

Phoenix Coyotes: This was one of the jerseys that I was really interested to see. They definitely did something different. I don't mind the separate pieces of the identity but when it comes together, it doesn't work. Even the paw logo on the front would have been better. I'm excited to see these in action.

Tampa Bay Lightning: Beautiful, beautiful jersey design. BOLTS kills it. If you put the Tampa Bay secondary logo on the front of that jersey template, you might have one of the sharpest looking jerseys in the league. Incredible how BOLTS got approved as well. Jersey design, incredible. BOLTS, terrible.

2009 All-Star Game Jerseys: The Atlanta Thrashers jersey has had sex with the Columbus Bluejackets jersey and spewed out this. Not good. Too much going on, big step back in the ASG jersey designs.

Again: "Old is good. New is bad."

See how much easier that was?

SigReflect.png

What Dallas should have done is remove the black trim from the script/numbers/names. What I like a whole lot about their home jersey is the use of only a single trim. They have been simplified and for this team, it works and it's refreshing. What irritates me the most is how the player's names look. Although they are ledgible, they look cluttered together like they don't want to stand out on their own.

capt.321aa126eadb454499a5bffc48ce77fb.stars_coyotes_hockey_pnj106.jpg

capt.ef524ca016c049299fcb4b6af59a638a.stars_coyotes_hockey_pnj109.jpg

capt.5b0cb43fb7e747bfbf74b15857513cba.blackhawks_stars_hockey_dna101.jpg

Why are they so scared to disuse black for once? It's not like the team will relocate if they do.

Again: "Old is good. New is bad."

See how much easier that was?

Not really true. Boston is new and it is great. San Jose has a great design. Buffalo uses new elements while updating a look.

Some new designs were really well done, some were decent (in the average category) but some of the others just don't work. The Sens jersey and the Lightning jersey are great, it is just the "logos" that give them a downgrade. Some of the new designs could have been really great.

Kings... I wish they'd do more with purple.

So do I. Although I don't see a Staples Center crowd looking so stylistic in Laker purple. I'm glad they returned to the Gretzky-era black and silver. The colors look good, the jerseys have been well done and the logo was inspired a bit by their past history, which is always a good thing in hockey. I am aware though of the handful of fans who want to see the purple and gold make a return to the ice. Their original 67-68 road (purple) jersey would be great for an alt jersey and nothing more. The team should do that, then makes the new one their primary jersey, create a matching road, and that would satisfy the greatest amount of people, imo.

I'm not necessarily saying a base color should be purple, or a whole merch campaign should be purple, but with a black home jersey I think the alt should have been purple, or at the very least include more of SOME other color in the third. Should have gone with more silver in it or something.

Just too much black for me. Its not even a color.

The Stars are in the new alts tonight, so that does put the Blackhawks in red for the second straight road game.

My guess is you'll see the Hawks in red 3 games in a row on the road when they are in Toronto on Saturday. Toronto loves wearing that 3rd when they play an O6 teams = Hawks in red.

So, it looks like they've been wearing red these games to accomodate Toronto, and Dallas was a bonus.

Hawks are going back to Chicago after Toronto, as they aren't playing game 4 of the 6 game road trip until Mid-week...so they can pick up the whites for the back half of the road trip.

That's exactly what's happening, I think.

2IA3b.png

IMO, the "Sens" should have done what Colorado did with their Maroon 5/Ron Burgundy "COLORADO" diagonal lettering.

Obviously, using a black background, red, white or gold (trim) lettering and the whole "SENATORS" script with the updated 2d logo on the shoulder.

since everyone else is posting notes on each one, i might as well do the same:

Atlanta: i liked it when i first saw it, but then i saw the whole uniform together, and changed my mind. the socks sum this uniform up quite well.

Ottawa: blah. i don't like the idea of nicknames on the front of the jersey. either that chest-stripe mockup or something with the 2D logo would have been much better.

Dallas: i like it, but it's still a boring alternate. this should be the road jersey, with a green version of this as the home. put black back to alternate status, if we even need an alternate... and if we do use a black alternate, put the primary logo on the chest.

Tampa Bay: would be pretty good if it didn't say BOLTS on it. even TAMPA would have been better than BOLTS.

Los Angeles: i actually like the logo, but hate the bi-directional stripes. pick piping or elbow stripes. not both.

San Jose: don't like the logo or anything else about it. they should have used the same elbows as the hurricanes alternate, and tried to recreate their old alternate jersey instead.

Boston: blah. acceptable, but not good. it would have been better with hem piping/stripes.

Phoenix: -vomits-

Carolina: has potential, but i don't like the grey-scale waist stripes/shoulder logos, or the single-flag on the chest.

Buffalo: better than their homes or roads, but i still feel like it was a bastardized classic. the piping and pit stains suck.

Philadelphia: hate the white nameplates... i'd rather they recreate the lindros-era orange than the bullies-era orange.

Chicago: acceptable.

New York Islanders: i don't see why everyone loves this. it's the most boring of all. i actually like their edge uniforms, and feel this is a downgrade.

Pittsburgh: it's ok, but also boring. throwbacks are throwbacks. make an alternate, please.

Edmonton: it's an upgrade over their home/road, but i still wish it were navy and copper. i think that was a pretty good update of the classic... their original copper/navy uniforms were a good update of the 80's look, and they need to bring that look back.

St. Louis: would be perfect if it were royal blue instead of navy blue... with yellow numbers, please

Vancouver: not a fan of the gapped-striping, or the similarity to the home/road. if they just used this primary logo on home/road, they'd be set.

Toronto: much nicer than their home/road. should be primary, with a matching home jersey.

I will use the following ratings:

great

good

bad

and meh means i'm indifferent.

Atlanta - bad

Boston - great

Buffalo - good

Carolina - good

Chicago - great

Dallas - meh

Edmonton - good

Los Angeles - good

NY Islanders - meh

Ottawa - meh

Phoenix - good

Philadelphia - great

Pittsburgh - great

St. Louis - good

San Jose - good

Tampa - bad

Toronto - meh

Vancouver - meh

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

Archived