NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

Does anyone know when the codes for NHL 09 will be released? I'm assuming that it will be some time this week since all of the thirds have been released officially.

The Community manager at EA Sports message boards said that EA and Rbk have a specified date in December but can't say what day exactly.

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?t...47&tstart=0 4th post down.

8prlQWA.png

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pittsburgh- 9....I've had this jersey for 5 years now, and it's still among my favorites. Pittsburgh could have a whole slew of throwbacks that'd be great(minus the gradient-robo-pigeoned ones from the late 90s.early 2000s)

Just got an idea.

Each year the pens use an old jersey from their past, and use fan voting to decide it each year. They do this for about 5 years, then come out with a bitchin' all new overall redesign. Everything except the colors (though a change back to the old gold is possible) and logo are changed. Theyll make alot of money in sales, fans get to see some favorite jerseys of thiers ressurected, and other fans are exposed to a great set they may not have seen before.

That's actually a pretty good idea. The problem is that they'd probably have to have next season's voting already completed by now for this to work.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Does anyone know when the codes for NHL 09 will be released? I'm assuming that it will be some time this week since all of the thirds have been released officially.

The Community manager at EA Sports message boards said that EA and Rbk have a specified date in December but can't say what day exactly.

Unless you have NHL09 for the PC then you have it modded already.

lol

2IA3b.png

http://bruins.nhl.com

Boston unveils their thirds. Basically the same thing we've saw (the "Boston" bear logo on front, tri-stripe on arms, no stripes on hemline).

So now, all the thirds have been unveiled.

The Bruins missed a prime opportunity to go back to these babies (gold sweater)..

Orr_F.jpg

With all the things the B's did right on their primaries, they did wrong on the alternate. That Bear logo, no matter how beautiful just doesn't work for the crest. And the no hem stripes, c'mon, this isn't Toronto. I'm going to have to pass on these, piss poor effort Boston.

And while I'm here, since all the 3rd's have been released, when the hell is EA gunna release the code?

I think the "Bear" logo does work very well on the front of the Bruins 3rd, what doesn't work is the Primary as a shoulder crest. It reminds me of the old Buffalo Sabres when they had the same logo on their shoulders as they had on the front, perfectly round logos just don't work on the shoulder IMHO!!! I also agree that the Bruins 3rd should be gold (yellow)!!! Maybe in a few years we'll get a gold 3rd when the Bruins realize they don't need two black jerseys and the Bruins DO NOT wear black socks, we're not the Penguins!!!

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

http://bruins.nhl.com

Boston unveils their thirds. Basically the same thing we've saw (the "Boston" bear logo on front, tri-stripe on arms, no stripes on hemline).

So now, all the thirds have been unveiled.

The Bruins missed a prime opportunity to go back to these babies (gold sweater)..

Orr_F.jpg

With all the things the B's did right on their primaries, they did wrong on the alternate. That Bear logo, no matter how beautiful just doesn't work for the crest. And the no hem stripes, c'mon, this isn't Toronto. I'm going to have to pass on these, piss poor effort Boston.

And while I'm here, since all the 3rd's have been released, when the hell is EA gunna release the code?

I think the "Bear" logo does work very well on the front of the Bruins 3rd, what doesn't work is the Primary as a shoulder crest. It reminds me of the old Buffalo Sabres when they had the same logo on their shoulders as they had on the front, perfectly round logos just don't work on the shoulder IMHO!!! I also agree that the Bruins 3rd should be gold (yellow)!!! Maybe in a few years we'll get a gold 3rd when the Bruins realize they don't need two black jerseys and the Bruins DO NOT wear black socks, we're not the Penguins!!!

Yeah, they should of went with a yellow jersey. Why not? Are they scared to be referred to as walking bananas? Yellow isn't a bad color at all. And I don't know how/where/when a certain anti-yellow campaign came to life.

The gold sweaters in the pic above look amazing. Although I'm not sure which logos should be used. The current logos can look good just as well on it. A white bear logo would do for a crest. The current spoked B could remain the shoulder patch. That would be better than just going 100% vintage.

lol

I can't wait for the code. I was recently trade to the Senators in my Be a Pro mode. It kinda sucks not being on the Hawks, but pretty soon I get to wear the amazing SENS jersey.

MildlyPsycho.png

Realsig.png

lol

I can't wait for the code. I was recently trade to the Senators in my Be a Pro mode. It kinda sucks not being on the Hawks, but pretty soon I get to wear the amazing SENS jersey.

You must've been traded for being delusional.

lol

You must've been traded for being delusional.

There was so sarcasm involved, but it doesn't matter. I went from a team that was in the playoff hunt, to a team that after 50 games, has only won 10.

MildlyPsycho.png

Realsig.png

pics??

kingsaltsdm5.jpg

Miller and Fox are STILL calling games, or they get the duo back together for that event?

It's still them. They're awesome.

I miss watching old Prime Ticket, but the minute the Coyotes showed up I had to kiss my Kings watching goodbye.

Sigh...based on online polls and on word of mouth from inside the arena, the overwhelming opinion that I have gathered is "OMG I LOVE THE BLUE..." and then they go into an explanation(or excuse) explaining how the BOLTS is "original" or "not good, but not as bad as I thought".

In other words, most people think they are somewhere between mediocre and above average. Considering how we've had horrible uniforms for 15 years now, I guess that's good enough for some people.

*shrug* Forgive me if I set my goals a little higher.

My opinion? I've been clamoring for a BLUE jersey for this team since the team's inception(and no, the "waves and rain" jersey of the mid 90's doesn't count). The Lightning's use of black and white has been boring and unimaginative to say the least, and the most frustrating thing is that the colors of silver and blue have been right under their nose the whole time!

The new design, color-wise, is absolutely fantastic. It's bold, it catches the eye, and it "looks fast". The "BOLTS", on the other hand, ruins the entire design and it is just plain stupid and corny.

So after seeing them in person, as expected, they look great on the ice...but the BOLTS is just too much of a roadblock for me to overcome.

I...just...can't...overlook...it.

A couple other pros and cons that I noticed...

3rdJersey_Lundin1.jpg

Pros:

- FINALLY using our colors to their true potential.

- The contast of color on the sleeve stripes and collar. On our current homes(and aways to a lesser extent), there should be silver piping to differentiate the blue and black(or white on aways). Currently, the blue on the sleeves and collar of our homes is not visible when looking from more than 3 feet away(the main reason why I believe that our away jersey was by FAR a better look for us for the last year).

DSC02846.png

- The pants stayed the same. I think our pants design is among the best, if not THE best, in the league. I think they not only match the new jersey, but the new jersey actually makes them look better.

DSC02811.png

- The socks...kinda. Why they don't wrap all the way around, I have no idea. If they did, they would be perfect. But, as they are, they are still better than the primary socks we wear.

- Kept the "armpit stripes". For some unexplainable reason, I think it's cool.

DSC02786.png

Cons:

- The silver piping kind of starts in the middle of the bicep area and then circles underneath. Very random. It almost looks like there was a good idea in the design phase, and somewhere along the lines, it got derailed and the silver piping was just thrown on there. I like the idea there, but the execution was poor.

(Edit: after further review, Calgary has the same random circle piping.)

The wide stripes on the bottom of the jersey do not match the random/circle silver piping. I wonder how they would look without one or the other.

- "Tampa Bay" on the ass. Um, WHY?

- I've said it once, I've said it twice, I've said it 100 times...BOLTS.

SigReflect.png

They still have a September 11th sticker on the back of their helmet?!?!

Agreed. Definitely love this jersey. The more I see it, the less the logo bothers me. Certainly not as good as the crown alone, but still it looks OK on the jersey. I really like how those turned out.

It's certainly a lot more creative than having the crown in a circle with "Los Angeles Kings" around it.

What's wrong with that?

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Ok this was just a quick paint job to get the idea across, so no need to say how terrible it looks.

But with the Saw masks, I'd say Bolts is better than what could have been?

e67fqt.jpg

2ly2w09.jpg

What's wrong with that?

i dont see anything wrong with that.

Me either. Especially since it honours a member of the Kings organization who was on one of the planes...

"Old folks"

scorepics-ca.jpg

Who's letting LOLcats sign up for this board?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived