9-year-old banned from pitching...

tohasbo

To me it's part pussification, part the intrusion of politics into little league play. Note how they bring up that they tried to make the kid play for the defending champion....which is run by the employer of a league admin.

and there's the real story isn't it? It's not that the kid was too good it's that he wasn't on the League director's team. That's the saddest part that parents can create something like this and then try to rationalize their point.

Sidenote: Why are sporting goods stores still selling dark colored baseball pants in youth sizes? They've never looked good. Not in the early part of the 20th century, not in the 30's, not in the 70's and certainly not now. Baseball pants should come in two colors, gray and white (exceptions being light blue and the padres tan)

That would be four colors then, wouldn't it?

Well not really. Every team can pull off white and gray without looking ridiculous. Not every team could wear light blue or tan and not look ridiculous. I guess that's what I meant.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To me it's part pussification, part the intrusion of politics into little league play. Note how they bring up that they tried to make the kid play for the defending champion....which is run by the employer of a league admin.

That is, I think, the key element to the story.

This isn't about the pussification of America, or helicopter parents, it's about influence peddling.

Not to mention not only racism, but also liability insurance, in case Jericho throws a pitch at over 40 mph and God frobid the baseball hits the kid and gets knocked unconscious for a few hours!

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

"PC is taking away my freedom one day at a time."

-NJTank

Seriously, this is some bull. Even though I figured stuff like this would happen once they stopped keeping score in certain kids' leagues, it's still shocking. It really is some bull.

This is PC at its very best, PC is behind the whole pussification of America.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

-NJTank

Seriously, this is some bull. Even though I figured stuff like this would happen once they stopped keeping score in certain kids' leagues, it's still shocking. It really is some bull.

I am just SO surprised that you said this.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

I remember when I was this age, we ran into a team that had a kid who could pitch waaayyy beyond what we were used to. I got the only hit off of him, a bunt. (No, it wasn't a cheap bunt, it was towards the beginning of the game.) You run into things like this in life, deal with it.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

-NJTank

I'm probably a little naive or slow, but what does political correctness have to do with keeping the kid not being able to pitch?

More on topic, it's sad that the politics of winning get in the way of children learning and enjoying the game of baseball.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

I think the opposition have it backwards, they worry about the speed of the pitches, when I would be more afraid if I were the pitcher's parents if that line drive from an aluminum bat ever hits the pitcher on the head as NoHoeJoe pointed out.

I saw, I came, I left.

-NJTank

What?! Leagues actually do this now? Why even play?

-NJTank

What?! Leagues actually do this now? Why even play?

They do keep score. They count the number of annoying, over-zealous parents that register their kids.

I saw, I came, I left.

-NJTank

I'm probably a little naive or slow, but what does political correctness have to do with keeping the kid not being able to pitch?

More on topic, it's sad that the politics of winning get in the way of children learning and enjoying the game of baseball.

Political Correctness is behind the pusification of America.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Hmmm...I'm confused as to how he's a prodigy, honestly. When I was 10(still playing in the same level I was at 9), I was clocked in the 40s, and wasn't unhittable or whatever by any means. I was an all-star pitcher, yes, but far from the best, or even the hardest throwing in the league. Note: I'm not pulling a Nick here, either....I'd say I threw 65 if I were, but only a pitch or two an inning, of course.

Regardless, there's always a kid who's better than everyone else in the league. When I played, you just tried your damndest to hit the ball, or not let him hit the ball, whichever. Deal with it.

Political Correctness is behind the pusification of America.

You know, you really need to have moved out of your parents' basement before you can say that.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Yeah, America is a bunch of pussies!

Why don't you teach them all a lesson, Island_Style? Break some bones.

"Purists will bitch and whine, but so what? Purists will Always bitch and whine. That is their function. Res Ipsa Loquitur."

-HST

Yeah, America is a bunch of pussies!

Why don't you teach them all a lesson, Island_Style? Break some bones.

Way ahead of ya. Already had to thump some lady's skull cause she wanted to put a stop to red rover at recess. She said her kid not being able to break the wall of arms made his confidence very fragile. Not as fragile as her skull, let me tell ya.

The more I think about it, PC is not the only thing that has made the USA, and the western world for that matter, a bunch of pussies. I think technology has much to do with it as well. People used to find for their own food, had no A/C, had to walk to the local stores, to school etc. Now we much of that almost within reach with very little effort. What about the technology that protects us from dangers that gives us a sense of "security"? Home/commercial security systems, high-tech weapons. Don't forget the TV and computers.

I think there is something else; parents always want their children to live "better" lives than they do and they simply don't want their children to go through what they went through. That's where sometimes overprotection and the pampering comes in. While these stories like this and "not keeping score" are ridiculous, it's not without the best of intent.

I saw, I came, I left.

The more I think about it, PC is not the only thing that has made the USA, and the western world for that matter, a bunch of pussies. I think technology has much to do with it as well. People used to find for their own food, had no A/C, had to walk to the local stores, to school etc. Now we much of that almost within reach with very little effort. What about the technology that protects us from dangers that gives us a sense of "security"? Home/commercial security systems, high-tech weapons. Don't forget the TV and computers.

I think there is something else; parents always want their children to live "better" lives than they do and they simply don't want their children to go through what they went through. That's where sometimes overprotection and the pampering comes in. While these stories like this and "not keeping score" are ridiculous, it's not without the best of intent.

Sums up pretty much how I feel.

I always felt like political correctness (and I mean REAL political correctness, not that "our forefathers died so I could call you a n****r" type bull) itself was just a byproduct of suburbanization (hence why it's mainly housewives who are behind it). PC is just some people's way of dealing with the guilt of raising their kids in environments that are so far removed from reality that even when their kids grow up, they can't function without their security blankets. Just look at the re-damn-diculous lengths any big city university will go to coddle its students so they don't actually have to deal with "urban" problems.

Wow... I think part of me just died...

I decided awhile back that if I ever do have kids (which is looking more and more unlikely these days), they're gonna have to be absolutely obsessed with sports for me to actually sign them up and make me have to deal with the some of these loony ass parents.

Archived