Sports Logos/Jerseys in movies/tv

SpokedB

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

So I was playing in San Francisco, in Madden, earlier today and I saw the 49ers endzone graphics and it reminded me of the Pursuit of Happyness (which takes place in the early 80s).

During the movie, they are shown enjoying a 9ers game, in San Francisco--but the field clearly has the current graphics on the field (to be fair, if memory serves me correctly, I think the team was in throwbacks--although no up close was shown).

(No image could be found, but IMDb mentions it).

Off topic: Were the updated 49ers/San Francisco scripts made by a member here? I seem to remember someone here being involved...

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

The Warriors jerseys in this ESPN commercial are the same ones used in D3 of the Mighty Ducks series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5y793rWE1w&feature=related

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

• 2 years later...

I swear I have seen the below jersey in like 5 different TV/Movies but could only find the one photo (yes, because I watched the original 90210 back in the day...)

I swear they've shown up elsewhere and I figured a bunch were purchased by some hollywood studio in the 80s or 90s.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The Kings in the Stanley Cup? hah.

-raysox, Dec 23, 2008.

My how things change...

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

I swear I have seen the below jersey in like 5 different TV/Movies but could only find the one photo (yes, because I watched the original 90210 back in the day...)

284px-SpringTraining.jpg

I swear they've shown up elsewhere and I figured a bunch were purchased by some hollywood studio in the 80s or 90s.

The "We Are Family" Pirates live!

I seen this over the years in WWE and even WCW.

Some examples;

1. John Cena's various throwback jerseys.

2. Jerry Lawler wearing Indians jerseys when WWE is in Cleveland.

3. CM Punk wearing a Blackhawks jersey.

4. Santino Marella at MSG wearing various jerseys of NY/NJ teams.

5. Jim Ross wearing a jersey of the Oklahoma Sooners.

6. Bret Hart wearing a Calgary Hitmen jersey.

7. Dolph Ziggler wearing an Islanders jersey.

8. Steve Austin wearing a 3:16 Patriots jersey.

9. Lex Luger and Buff Bagwell wearing Ravens jerseys.

10. Norman Smiley wearing various jerseys.

11. Michael Cole wearing a Celtics jersey.

Acquired a 'tv worn' Hamilton Steelheads jersey from the old Canadian hockey drama 'Power Play'

steelheadsjersey_front.jpg

Also have a 'movie worn' jersey from the The Mighty Ducks D2 movie. This one a team Germany one. The D's in 'Deutschland' look shinier because for some reason there were no D's and I had to add them myself. It's not as noticable in person as in the photo; the camera flash exaggerates this.

germanyD2_front.jpg

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

The Dark Knight Rises

Gotham Rogues

dark-knight-rises_510x317.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

This is the best picture I can find of the team they were playing.

article-2161679-13AFFF30000005DC-552_634

Interesting side note, but at some point between when the design was first unveiled by Under Armour and when filming took place, the design was somewhat modified and the text on the chest was altered.

gotham-rogues-the-dark-knight-under-armo

trinidad-d2.jpg

I'd do anything for that jersey

Archived