Sports Identity Showdown I

ShinyHubCaps

I suppose I'll take a crack at this. I suppose sign me up for Pittsburgh. Yinzers love their kickball!

Damn you! :P

I'll throw my hat in the ring. I just need to think of a city to use.

Haha...when I signed up, I was hoping you hadn't yet. :D

It's up to you, but I'm more than willing to switch to Honolulu if you want your hometown

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I suppose I'll take a crack at this. I suppose sign me up for Pittsburgh. Yinzers love their kickball!

It's up to you, but I'm more than willing to switch to Honolulu if you want your hometown

If youre ok with doing Honolulu, I'll take Pittsburgh then.

oBIgzrL.png

That works for me, although there won't be a Primanti Sandwiches of Pittsburgh concept now :D

That works for me, although there won't be a Primanti Sandwiches of Pittsburgh concept now :D

No, but you can be damn sure there will be a place of theirs in the stadium.

oBIgzrL.png

Show of hands, who's started their logos?

I've not only started my logo, but I'm pretty much done with the entire concept. Now I'm just tweaking things. This was just one of those ideas where everything just sort of instantly came to me, and I had to get it down before it fluttered away.

spacer.png

I've not only started my logo, but I'm pretty much done with the entire concept. Now I'm just tweaking things. This was just one of those ideas where everything just sort of instantly came to me, and I had to get it down before it fluttered away.

Me too. I'm all anxious to get mine out there lol.

There's still some time left... sorry if it seems like each portion of the contest is drawn out a bit too long, but the reasoning is that some people have nothing to do around the holidays and some people are horribly busy.

By the way, FHC, I love your sig. The Brewers owe you guys one after staving off the Mets.

There's still some time left... sorry if it seems like each portion of the contest is drawn out a bit too long, but the reasoning is that some people have nothing to do around the holidays and some people are horribly busy.

By the way, FHC, I love your sig. The Brewers owe you guys one after staving off the Mets.

I'm wondering, SHC, how the "playoff" system is going to work. Like, how many rounds are there? And how many people will make the next round? Just curious. I, too, am excited about showing mine, although with really, really talented designers like davidson and brandon_odis competing, I'm just hoping to make the next round! :D

While I'm still not positive if I'll have the time to do this, I would like to throw my hat in the ring for Columbia, SC.

Team name and colors are forthcoming, though I already have a pretty good idea of what I want to do.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

I'm wondering, SHC, how the "playoff" system is going to work. Like, how many rounds are there? And how many people will make the next round? Just curious. I, too, am excited about showing mine, although with really, really talented designers like davidson and brandon_odis competing, I'm just hoping to make the next round! :D

This is a very good question, and as such, I will address it in a lengthy response. Hopefully people will understand this as we get things going.

The original idea was to have one division and one round of voting. I saw from the NHA redesign that people lose interest in multiple voting rounds, but then again, if we have as many people submit concepts as those who called markets, then a lot of good concepts will get lost in the shuffle.

Still, I do not want to call this now because anything can happen. If the submission period rolls around and I only have 5 submissions, the dynamic is a bit different than if all 53 (?) people made submissions. So, I have devised the following general guidelines:

[*]If 20 or fewer concepts are received, there will be one round of "Top 3" voting.

[*]If 21-30 concepts are received, there will be two divisions of "Top 3" voting and an either-or final with the two division winners (one vote per member for one finalist or the other).

[*]If 31-40 concepts are received, there will be three divisions of "Top 3" voting, and each division winner will be placed into a final where the top 3 are all ranked, similar to the initial "Top 3" scoring.

[*]If 41 or more concepts are received, there will be four divisions of "Top 3" voting, and each division winner will be placed into a final where all division winners are ranked by points ("Top 4" scoring).

Of course, Top 3 scoring refers to a system of 3 finishes (1st place vote = 3 points, 2nd place vote = 2 points, 3rd place vote = 1 point). Top 4 voting works exactly the same way, and the 4th place vote will equal zero points, so only the top three of each voter receives points.

In other words, it depends on the number of concepts we receive. There will only be two rounds or less regardless, but the important thing to note is that although 53 cities have been claimed, there is no guarantee that we will receive 53 applicants. That is the difficulty in calling cities before you even know what your pending schedule is, etc. So hopefully we will have a full bevy of concepts, but we will wait and see how many turn them in, and of course, the voting procedure depends on our turn-out.

Should a mod be pinning this and unpinning the Apprentice?

I would appreciate that, but I didn't want to request it myself... Could this and subsequent topics possibly be stickied, moderators?

Can I sign myself up for Quebec City?

Check a couple of posts above you... I also updated the main page. I would love to have you aboard if you think of another city, but Quebec City was just called.

Archived