2009 NCAA Football Thread

BJBerthiaume

Well, I'm sure you all know how I feel about last night's game...

Now, as I wrote a few days ago, I thought Iowa would win. But we just sucked. They were the better team in every way, and it showed. We have now been completely embarrassed on National TV five years in a row. Luckily I go to a school where there are no Georgia fans, because tomorrow would have been a REALLY tough day for me had that not been the case.

And Georgia fans (Hedley, Elliot, etc): lay it on me. "The ACC and Georgia Tech suck. 30-24 HAHAHAHA" Right now I would love to agree with you. :(

Yeah, I sound like a HUGE downer now, but I have had an awful day, not just because of the game. The only good thing that came out of this is HOPEFULLY our star players will realize they are not good enough to make it in the NFL right now and need one more year of college, but I doubt it.

It's 2010, stop living/dying so much about sport.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I'm sure you all know how I feel about last night's game...

Now, as I wrote a few days ago, I thought Iowa would win. But we just sucked. They were the better team in every way, and it showed. We have now been completely embarrassed on National TV five years in a row. Luckily I go to a school where there are no Georgia fans, because tomorrow would have been a REALLY tough day for me had that not been the case.

And Georgia fans (Hedley, Elliot, etc): lay it on me. "The ACC and Georgia Tech suck. 30-24 HAHAHAHA" Right now I would love to agree with you. :(

Yeah, I sound like a HUGE downer now, but I have had an awful day, not just because of the game. The only good thing that came out of this is HOPEFULLY our star players will realize they are not good enough to make it in the NFL right now and need one more year of college, but I doubt it.

It's 2010, stop living/dying so much about sport.

You're right. After reading my post over, it is overly dramatic and I don't mean for it to sound that way. I guess the things I said to the Georgia fans are there because I have a terrible habit of reading the comments on AJC sports articles, where every single one says "30-24 HAHAHA."

There's more to life than sports, and I know that, and I kind of regret what I posted (nothing I can do to change it now, though), being negative and overly dramatic.

I lately have been getting more into sports than I should be and I am upset but not as upset as this post makes it seem. I'm not crying or anything, and Iowa played a great, great game. I guess I was just kind of upset about the negative national exposure our team's been getting. Luckily I will still get a great education and always support the Jackets through the ups and downs.

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

I wonder how much ratings the GMAC Bowl will bring in tomorrow night. I'm actually really pumped to see Dan LeFeavor could be a sleeper in this years draft.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I wonder how much ratings the GMAC Bowl will bring in tomorrow night. I'm actually really pumped to see Dan LeFeavor could be a sleeper in this years draft.

I was looking forward to seeing the Chips, but I have a class tomorrow night. :cursing: Despite living in MID Michigan, I barely ever get a chance to see Central on TV. Pretty much only if they play a weeknight game, but I listened to most of their games on the radio. Not only Dan LeFevour, but Antonio Brown sure is something to watch also.

And way to go Big Ten. Beating four of the top 15 teams in the country. Northwestern had so many chances to beat Auburn too. Can we please get some respect now? But man, the bowl season doesn't seem right without the Wolverines. :( It seems like forever ago now that I was watching them dominate Tebow and the Gators in the Capital One Bowl.

MegatronSig2.jpg

I was looking forward to seeing the Chips, but I have a class tomorrow night. cursing.gif Despite living in MID Michigan, I barely ever get a chance to see Central on TV. Pretty much only if they play a weeknight game, but I listened to most of their games on the radio. Not only Dan LeFevour, but Antonio Brown sure is something to watch also.

And way to go Big Ten. Beating four of the top 15 teams in the country. Northwestern had so many chances to beat Auburn too. Can we please get some respect now? But man, the bowl season doesn't seem right without the Wolverines. sad.gif It seems like forever ago now that I was watching them dominate Tebow and the Gators in the Capital One Bowl.

You are right, it just doesn't seem like a bowl season with out Michigan in the mix. Hopefully RichRod can pull this season together so we could at least see them in the Insight Bowl or some kind of Bowl next year

I was looking forward to seeing the Chips, but I have a class tomorrow night. :cursing: Despite living in MID Michigan, I barely ever get a chance to see Central on TV. Pretty much only if they play a weeknight game, but I listened to most of their games on the radio. Not only Dan LeFevour, but Antonio Brown sure is something to watch also.

And way to go Big Ten. Beating four of the top 15 teams in the country. Northwestern had so many chances to beat Auburn too. Can we please get some respect now? But man, the bowl season doesn't seem right without the Wolverines. :( It seems like forever ago now that I was watching them dominate Tebow and the Gators in the Capital One Bowl.

Dominate Florida? They won by 6. Don't get me wrong, I wanted Michigan to win but they didn't "dominate Florida."

BB52Big.jpg

A group called PlayoffPac (www.playoffpac.com) has an anti-BCS commercial set to air during the title game:

"Well, you guys had a great season"

While I'm happy to hear of this, that commercial is laughably weak. The top 4 teams heading into the bowl season were all undefeated, 3 from BCS schools (granted UC kinda proved that they didn't really belong on the same field as Florida, let alone 'Bama, but still). Yet the commercial dismisses Cincy like they don't even exist. I know people want some mid-major love (myself included), but they've got to do better than that.

Well, Cincinnati obviously didn't have as great of a season as Boise State and Texas Christian and didn't deserve to be congratulated...

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

A group called PlayoffPac (www.playoffpac.com) has an anti-BCS commercial set to air during the title game:

While I'm happy to hear of this, that commercial is laughably weak. The top 4 teams heading into the bowl season were all undefeated, 3 from BCS schools (granted UC kinda proved that they didn't really belong on the same field as Florida, let alone 'Bama, but still). Yet the commercial dismisses Cincy like they don't even exist. I know people want some mid-major love (myself included), but they've got to do better than that.

As Cincinnati is now a member of the Big East, they are considered one of the "haves" of college football as opposed to a "have not."

It should also be noted that said commercial won't be aired outside of Utah, Idaho, and Texas. Perhaps ad space in Ohio is too expensive.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Dominate Florida? They won by 6. Don't get me wrong, I wanted Michigan to win but they didn't "dominate Florida."

If you watched the game, they outplayed Florida so much more than the score would indicate. Mike Hart, who fumbles about as often as the Lions win a game, fumbled twice near the goal line, both recovered by Florida. Michigan had 524 yards to Florida's 399. 10/15 on 3rd down conversions for Michigan, to Florida's 2/11. Florida won the turnover battle 4-0, and that is the only reason the game was even close. Obviously turnovers are part of the game, but Michigan was still clearly the better team that day.

Anyways, we've got overtime in the GMAC Bowl. This should be fun.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Michigan was still clearly the better team that day.

Anyways, we've got overtime in the GMAC Bowl. This should be fun.

Yes they were.

Looks like another little bowl was way better than most of the big bowls. Nice win for the Chippewas.

BB52Big.jpg

Dan Lefevour is amazing. I would not be upset if the Bills use a 3rd round pick on him.

LeFevour is gonna be a mid round steal, I think he is going to be a terrific QB in the NFL.

I'll go a step further he will be better than Bradford and Tebow.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Dan Lefevour is amazing. I would not be upset if the Bills use a 3rd round pick on him.

LeFevour is gonna be a mid round steal, I think he is going to be a terrific QB in the NFL.

I'll go a step further he will be better than Bradford and Tebow.

Considering the fact that no one thinks Tebow has a chance in hell to play QB in the NFL , you're really going out on a limb there Tank. :D I don't see Bradford doing much in The NFL either.

Seriously though, I do agree with you on Lefevour. I'd draft him before either Tebow or Bradford. Given the right situation and a chance to learn he's probably going to be a good one. Personally, I think he'd look good in a Cleveland Browns uniform. The problem with The Browns is that they don't have a solid QB to play in front of Lefevour for a season or two. Someone's going to get a good QB when they draft this guy.

BB52Big.jpg

Thing about Lefevour I dont like is that he cannot make the deep out. I saw at least 5 throws tonight were open but he didnt have the velocity to make it. His ceiling is Chad Pennington and his floor is Trent Edwards.

I would agree that this was a great bowl season for the Big Ten. OSU and Iowa winning their BCS games, Wisconsin and Penn State winning against ranked opponents, a short-handed Michigan State giving Texas Tech a good fight, and Northwestern a missed FG away from the win.

I also think it showed that the SEC outside of it's "Big 2" that's it a very average conference.

Looking just at the BCS conferences I would rank them:

1. SEC (you can't deny Bama and Florida)

2. Big Ten (OSU, Penn State and Iowa all Top 10 teams)

3. Pac-10 (More balanced then the Big 12 IMO)

4. Big 12 (Really not much outside of Texas)

5. ACC (A lot of "Good" teams, but none great)

6. Big East (It's top 3 teams look a lot better than they are by beating up weak teams that make up the rest of the Big East)

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

If tomorrows game is half as good as the GMAC Bowl, I'll be happy. Central just may have been the best team in the state this year. (which is really sad for the rest of the Michigan schools, but good for them) I am glad Michigan only had to play Eastern and Western, and not Central.

As far as tomorrows game, I don't really have a preference over who wins (maybe leaning slightly toward the Longhorns), so hopefully it will be a good, close game.

MegatronSig2.jpg

As Cincinnati is now a member of the Big East, they are considered one of the "haves" of college football as opposed to a "have not."

It should also be noted that said commercial won't be aired outside of Utah, Idaho, and Texas. Perhaps ad space in Ohio is too expensive.

I get that, but my point is that they snubbed one of their own this year and said about the same thing to them. So the BCS committee points that out and says that they're not excluding just mid-major schools and Playoff PAC says what in defense? Well it's still not fair? That kind of argument isn't guaranteed to be effective even in Utah, Idaho, or Texas. Not to mention the rest of the country.

Archived