2009 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

Has it? I'm in the dark when it comes to the NFL television regulations. If so, it's a shame. It was a fantastic game.

On to the 2009 Favre Fellatio Fest though, the Vikings are struggling against the Panthers. Also, Brett Farve's struggles tonight are due to his cleats slipping on the wet turf. Thanks Al!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOOOOO SUH!!!!!!!!

Thank you Seattle. I believe it is now time to shut down all the Rams remaining good players.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You can't be a legend on the 2007-2009 Cleveland Browns, sorry.

Really? I think the fact that Cribbs has accomplished what he has while playing for the 2007-2009 Cleveland Browns makes it all the more remarkable. Or does playing for a lousy team mean his kickoff returns aren't as impressive as they would be if he had done it with a better team.

You'd think that a guy who has achieved the rank of Admiral would have thought of that.

BB52Big.jpg

Wow. This has been the most dramatic week of football ever.

Or the most dramatic week since last week...or the week before that when people were saying the exact same thing. :P

Well yeah, obviously that was a hyperbole. But this was certainly an exciting week for football. Colts come back against Jags, Titans beat Fins in OT, Chargers beat Bengals with last second field goal, Raiders score last minute TD to upset Broncos, Josh Cribbs and Jerome Harrison beat the Chiefs, and Mike Wallace goes Santonio-Holmes-in-Super-Bowl-XLIII against the Packers to seal a one-point win with no time left.

The vast majority of the games were fairly close, which is saying something for this year, where half of the games have been 41-13.

Wow. This has been the most dramatic week of football ever.

Or the most dramatic week since last week...or the week before that when people were saying the exact same thing. :P

Well yeah, obviously that was a hyperbole. But this was certainly an exciting week for football. Colts come back against Jags, Titans beat Fins in OT, Chargers beat Bengals with last second field goal, Raiders score last minute TD to upset Broncos, Josh Cribbs and Jerome Harrison beat the Chiefs, and Mike Wallace goes Santonio-Holmes-in-Super-Bowl-XLIII against the Packers to seal a one-point win with no time left.

The vast majority of the games were fairly close, which is saying something for this year, where half of the games have been 41-13.

Nah, I think you were right the first time. It was the most exciting week of football ever. My God, that Jets-Falcons game alone was enough. So was the Tampa Bay-Seattle game. And talk about exciting, did anyone see that classic in Baltimore? Luckily for me, I didn't have time to catch that thriller in Buffalo. It's a good thing too. I don't know if my heart could have taken it.

Don't feel bad. It's not your fault. The ESPN generation thinks everything is the "best ever." :D

BB52Big.jpg

WOOOOO SUH!!!!!!!!

Thank you Seattle. I believe it is now time to shut down all the Rams remaining good players.

Normally, I don't speak for all of the Seahawk fans, but for this since it needs to be done: Everyone in St. Louis AND in Tampa Bay can blow it out their asses.

There. I feel much better now after that godawful game today. How the hell do they lose to the Yucs? They're just as bad, if not worst, then the Lambs.

If there is any consolation prize, is that there could be a top 10 pick in the waiting for the rebuilding Seahawks.

WOOOOO SUH!!!!!!!!

Normally, I don't speak for all of the Seahawk fans, but for this since it needs to be done: Everyone in St. Louis AND in Tampa Bay can blow it out their asses.

There. I feel much better now after that godawful game today. How the hell do they lose to the Yucs? They're just as bad, if not worst, then the Lambs.

If there is any consolation prize, is that there could be a top 10 pick in the waiting for the rebuilding Seahawks.

I'm interested about this...what do Seahawks fans generally want to do with that pick? I'm a Hasselbeck supporter (He's my aunt's cousin or something like that), but I always wondered what Seahawks fans think of him, especially the last few years with the team's struggles and his injuries. Do Seattle fans want a QB?

Next week's Flex Game: Dallas vs. Washington

:censored: you, NBC.

After looking at next week's schedule, I'm pretty sure CBS wanted to keep Baltimore @ Pittsburgh, Denver @ Philadelphia and Jacksonville @ New England, which seem to be the only Sunday afternoon games worth watching. So really, you might want to direct your anger at CBS.

I saw, I came, I left.

After looking at next week's schedule, I'm pretty sure CBS wanted to keep Baltimore @ Pittsburgh, Denver @ Philadelphia and Jacksonville @ New England, which seem to be the only Sunday afternoon games worth watching. So really, you might want to direct your anger at CBS.

How many friggin' games does CBS get to hold onto?? I thought CBS and FOX were each allowed one.

6uXNWAo.png

I highly recommend to that everyone watches next week's Denver at Phila. game if it's broadcast in your area. You'll never hear a crowd cheer an opposing player like you will next week. Every time his name is called, Dawkins will get an ovation. I'd wager that even if he makes the game-winning play for Denver, he'll still get cheered as if he was still an Eagle.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Eh, they're pretty much out of the playoff hunt at this point.

The Steelers are 7-7 along with every other AFC team behind 8-6 Denver and Baltimore, and hosting the Ravens next weekend.

Pittsburgh is very alive.

Well, it looks like next weeks game isn't going to be as easy as I anticipated. I was really hoping the Steelers would come in on a losing streak and essentially just roll over and die. Unfortunately they will now be coming into the game with momentum. Either way should be a good game.

You do understand the concept of ratings, right?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

WOOOOO SUH!!!!!!!!

I'm interested about this...what do Seahawks fans generally want to do with that pick? I'm a Hasselbeck supporter (He's my aunt's cousin or something like that), but I always wondered what Seahawks fans think of him, especially the last few years with the team's struggles and his injuries. Do Seattle fans want a QB?

Hawks were embarrassing. Hats off to TB. I had a feeling they'd win.

Rebuild? Where do you begin? Hasselbeck's done, the O-line is in shambles, the running game is a joke, and the defense could cover a Chia Pet. For me, it would depend on who is available.

What a crappy season. :cursing:

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

You do understand the concept of ratings, right?

In past years, NBC has went with quality matchups down the stretch. Why even have the Flex Game if you're gonna feature worthless teams like Carolina and Washington in the final weeks? It's pretty clear to most of us that NBC is desperate for ratings, but c'mon man!

6uXNWAo.png

Sorry, but ratings matter more now. It's a recession for everybody. :P

I think Washington will end up with 4 primetime games this season. That is a little crazy.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

The Bengals needed that one. That really hurt and not just because of Chris Henry's death. I forgot I was watching the Cincinnati Bengals and actually thought that when they were driving down the field at the end of the game that they were actually going to score the go-ahead TD. They are the cardiac cats after all. But then it all comes crashing down and Andre Caldwell gets the ball blown 20 yards backward out of his arm. The moment when I'm reminded that I'm a Bengals fan. Somehow Carson Palmer got on it at the 40 and it's a miracle they even managed to tie the game with a Shayne Graham field goal. I looked at the clock saw 54 seconds and even as one of the most optimistic Bengals fans I know, I still had a feeling they would lose. If not in regulation, then in overtime. I just knew it. The worst part is that NBC alerted me in the highlights that LT was in front of the line coming off the bench when Rivers spiked the ball and it wasn't called. So now I have some officials to blame too.

So now, they have zero shot at the 2 seed and my arch-enemies, the Pittsburgh Steelers, have a pretty good chance of weaseling their smelly asses into the playoffs. That means that if the Steelers make it then there's a 50-50 chance of playing them in the first round of the playoffs. Something I do not want to do. I want a rematch with the Denver Broncos.

I keep telling myself that there are 22 different fanbases that would love to be 9-5 right now. If someone had come to me before the season and offered me the Bengals at 9-5 playing Kansas City for the division championship then I would definitely take that deal.

PvO6ZWJ.png

and to put on my optimism hat, here is how the rest of the season will shake down for the Bengals.

game 15: W over KC. go to 10-5

game 16 W over NY Jets pick up the 4 seed. finish at 11-5 pick up the 4 seed.

wildcard: W in a rematch with Denver/Baltimore who I expect to make it to the playoffs over the 15 other teams in contention for the AFC wildcard.

divisional round: go to Indy, pull off monster upset. They are not unbeatable. They have been having some crazy luck at the end of games this season. They could easily have three losses right now.

AFC championship game: rematch with San Diego. This time they win and go to the Super Bowl in Miami

Super Bowl: rematch with Minnesota. Without Minnesota's home crowd, the Bengals play relaxed and avoid mental errors. They beat Brett Favre and the Vikings for their first super bowl championship.

It's far fetched, but it's not like it couldn't happen.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived