2009 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

Yes, but if you're telling me that a guy like Robiskie can't get on the field for one of the worst offensive football teams (before the last few weeks) in NFL history, then why'd you draft him? There needs to be a chance given to him. I would have much rather had Malaluga then Robiskie at this point.

Why break his spirit or get him hurt now? Just give him practice time and wait for next year.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, but if you're telling me that a guy like Robiskie can't get on the field for one of the worst offensive football teams (before the last few weeks) in NFL history, then why'd you draft him? There needs to be a chance given to him. I would have much rather had Malaluga then Robiskie at this point.

Why break his spirit or get him hurt now? Just give him practice time and wait for next year.

At this point, it's worth it to do that but he should have been on the field for the entire year in my mind.

6fQjS3M.png

Based on what exactly? So he can get killed in the midst of a horrible season? Is Brian Robiskie the first ever example of a team drafting a guy and letting him sit until he's ready? What have you seen so far that leads you to believe he's the right guy at wideout? Were you at all the practices? Are you in the locker room? All you know is that Robiskie isn't playing and you think he should be. Despite what you and every other Browns fan like you may want to think, Eric Mangini isn't out there trying to lose games just to piss you off. "The guy on the bench should be playing over the guys in the lineup..." Could you possibly be more of a cliche?

And what you would have rather had at this point is exactly what I was talking about when I said stop acting like a typical modern Cleveland fan. Randy Lerner's biggest mistake since he took over this team has been actually paying attention to the idiot fans.

I like what I am seeing right now. Jim Brown is a pretty reliable football guy and he also thinks that Mangini has the team pointed in the right direction. With any luck, Randy Lerner and Mike Holmgren will see the same thing and Mangini will get one more season. I'm not saying that The Browns will be "back" next season or that Mangini is the next Bill Walsh. All I am saying is that the team has shown improvement in areas that, with the right personnel, will lead to them getting better. Give him one more year and see what happens. We're not out a thing if Eric Mangini is the coach of The Cleveland Browns next season.

BB52Big.jpg

Based on what exactly? So he can get killed in the midst of a horrible season? Is Brian Robiskie the first ever example of a team drafting a guy and letting him sit until he's ready? What have you seen so far that leads you to believe he's the right guy at wideout? Were you at all the practices? Are you in the locker room? All you know is that Robiskie isn't playing and you think he should be. Despite what you and every other Browns fan like you may want to think, Eric Mangini isn't out there trying to lose games just to piss you off. "The guy on the bench should be playing over the guys in the lineup..." Could you possibly be more of a cliche?

And what you would have rather had at this point is exactly what I was talking about when I said stop acting like a typical modern Cleveland fan. Randy Lerner's biggest mistake since he took over this team has been actually paying attention to the idiot fans.

I like what I am seeing right now. Jim Brown is a pretty reliable football guy and he also thinks that Mangini has the team pointed in the right direction. With any luck, Randy Lerner and Mike Holmgren will see the same thing and Mangini will get one more season. I'm not saying that The Browns will be "back" next season or that Mangini is the next Bill Walsh. All I am saying is that the team has shown improvement in areas that, with the right personnel, will lead to them getting better. Give him one more year and see what happens. We're not out a thing if Eric Mangini is the coach of The Cleveland Browns next season.

BONUS: You get another year of posting, "Eric Mangini is an NFL head coach" in that strange but true thread, too!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Not that anyone but me and a few other members even care but... Brady Quinn out for the season. Infrared41 enjoys early Chriistmas gift.

Brady Quinn worked at the high school school store during my lunch period when I was a freshman in high school. He knew me as the kid that bought a sour apple jolly rancher sucker everyday. Only because I've actually had a tiny bit of interaction with him do I feel bad about how his playing career has gone thus far, but he's still kinda douchy and I can see why Browns fans don't like him.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Guess NBC wishes they can now flex-out of the Cowboys-Redskins. Again, what a clunker pick.

Ugh. Don't get me started again.....

Is it just me, or does it feel like NBC and ESPN have rotated between the NFC East and Brett Favre all month long? <_<

6uXNWAo.png

Shaun Suisham is 10x worse than Nick Folk

Di yo see the kicks which Folk made during warmups in the Superdome? He was all over the place in perfect conditions. He became a "Steve Sax" and could not do a thing. Folk also had hip surgery in the off season, so I assume our sports e-cyclopedia knew about that: Folk Gets a Hip Operation.

Outside of UFL kickers, only Steve Hauschka (BAL), and Suisham were available. Since Jerry is a Red Stater, he did not bring in Nick Novak. The 'skins got the #1 UFL kicker and guess what... he has missed already.

NBC is very happy to have the Cowboys as they still get ratings, period.

Guess NBC wishes they can now flex-out of the Cowboys-Redskins. Again, what a clunker pick.

Is it just me, or does it feel like NBC and ESPN have rotated between the NFC East and Brett Favre all month long? <_<

Hey, they know know what gets them ratings. It's like that sometimes.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Di yo see the kicks which Folk made during warmups in the Superdome? He was all over the place in perfect conditions. He became a "Steve Sax" and could not do a thing. Folk also had hip surgery in the off season, so I assume our sports e-cyclopedia knew about that: Folk Gets a Hip Operation.

Outside of UFL kickers, only Steve Hauschka (BAL), and Suisham were available. Since Jerry is a Red Stater, he did not bring in Nick Novak. The 'skins got the #1 UFL kicker and guess what... he has missed already.

Heres a novel idea sign John Carney

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Heres a novel idea sign John Carney

Get a better leg. Carney has a mention. Maybe he was not good enough or choked in terns of kicks.

Not that anyone but me and a few other members even care but... Brady Quinn out for the season. Infrared41 enjoys early Chriistmas gift.

Brady Quinn worked at the high school school store during my lunch period when I was a freshman in high school. He knew me as the kid that bought a sour apple jolly rancher sucker everyday. Only because I've actually had a tiny bit of interaction with him do I feel bad about how his playing career has gone thus far, but he's still kinda douchy and I can see why Browns fans don't like him.

I can't speak for all Browns fans but this particular one doesn't like him because he just isn't very good. I didn't like the pick when they drafted him. He was overrated in college and he hasn't done :censored: since he was named the starter. The only thing keeping Quinn in the lineup is the fact that Derek Anderson sucks even more than he does. Brady Quinn is the perfect example of what I was talking about when I said that The Browns actually let our idiot fans influence decisions. No one will ever convince me that Quinn was drafted for any other reason than he was a "local kid" who was a Browns fan. That nonsense worked once with Bernie Kosar. They've been trying to repeat it ever since.

For a while there, and I am not kidding at all, the front office was on this kick to get local players. I think it was two seasons ago when they signed Joe Jurevicius and some defensive player that was local too. The local morons in the media were screeching about how great it was that we were getting people who "understood what it meant to play for The Browns" and understood how important the team is around here. Hell, I understand what it means to play for The Browns too. That doesn't mean they should sign me to play wide receiver.

Is it any wonder why this team has been the disaster it's been since 1999?

BB52Big.jpg

I will tune in to watch if the Redskins promise to attempt a fake field goal (or punt) again.

I saw, I came, I left.

Was he known as kind if a douche back then?

He doesn't seem like the douchey type to me. I also haven't payed a whole lot of attention to him, though.

I can't speak for all Browns fans but this particular one doesn't like him because he just isn't very good. I didn't like the pick when they drafted him. He was overrated in college and he hasn't done :censored: since he was named the starter. The only thing keeping Quinn in the lineup is the fact that Derek Anderson sucks even more than he does. Brady Quinn is the perfect example of what I was talking about when I said that The Browns actually let our idiot fans influence decisions. No one will ever convince me that Quinn was drafted for any other reason than he was a "local kid" who was a Browns fan. That nonsense worked once with Bernie Kosar. They've been trying to repeat it ever since.

For a while there, and I am not kidding at all, the front office was on this kick to get local players. I think it was two seasons ago when they signed Joe Jurevicius and some defensive player that was local too. The local morons in the media were screeching about how great it was that we were getting people who "understood what it meant to play for The Browns" and understood how important the team is around here. Hell, I understand what it means to play for The Browns too. That doesn't mean they should sign me to play wide receiver.

I believe the guy you're talking about was actually a center, LeCharles Bentley, a Cleveland native and former Buckeye...and the only reason I can remember that is because I can recall him trying to petition the league to wear #00--which, of course, was shot down. IIRC, the guy said he would rather sit out a whole season rather than play another for the Saints, and that he wanted and was happy to play for Cleveland--that is, presuming we're thinking about the same guy.

That move didn't work out so well...

I don't think dude made it out of preseason the two years your Browns had him on the books.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Except that...

http://sportsmediawatch.blogspot.com/2009/12/ratings-decline-for-sunday-night.html

Vikings/Panthers stands as the lowest rated, least-viewed Sunday Night Football game since Eagles/Bears in Week 11 (10.6, 17.3 mil)

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

I believe the guy you're talking about was actually a center, LeCharles Bentley, a Cleveland native and former Buckeye...and the only reason I can remember that is because I can recall him trying to petition the league to wear #00--which, of course, was shot down. IIRC, the guy said he would rather sit out a whole season rather than play another for the Saints, and that he wanted and was happy to play for Cleveland--that is, presuming we're thinking about the same guy.

That move didn't work out so well...

I don't think dude made it out of preseason the two years your Browns had him on the books.

Yup. It was LeCharles Bentley. There were a couple others as well. It was downright silly. And as usual, a complete failure.

BB52Big.jpg

The Browns have no history (I know you know that) and the team that does plays in Baltimore. The Cleveland deal is the dumbest thing in sports and I am a Browns fan. What does it mean to play for the Browns? Nothing, that's what. An expansion team who can't effectively draft, scout or get a good coach. That's what these Browns are.

Archived