2009 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jets playing on NBC is like hell freezing over. This is the first time in 4 years that's happening :P

Technically it's the first time in 12 years since NBC lost the AFC to CBS after the 1997 season...but I know what you meant, the Jets have never been on NBC's Sunday Night game since they got the NFL back...home or away.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

The Jets playing on NBC is like hell freezing over. This is the first time in 4 years that's happening :P

Technically it's the first time in 12 years since NBC lost the AFC to CBS after the 1997 season...but I know what you meant, the Jets have never been on NBC's Sunday Night game since they got the NFL back...home or away.

While we are given :censored:ty teams like the Redskins and Bears on a constant basis, I will give NBC some credit. Gang Green on SNF almost makes up for their Brett Favre late-season lovefest.

6uXNWAo.png

Yep, and the last time the Jets were on NBC when they had the AFC rights....

.....well I'm not gonna mention for obvious reasons.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Yep, and the last time the Jets were on NBC when they had the AFC rights....

.....well I'm not gonna mention for obvious reasons.

I'll mention it....

It wasn't a result you wanted if you were a Jets fan, but it was one hell of a game if you consider it was 'Jets vs Lions'! :P

6uXNWAo.png

So the Redskins get shut out, at home, on national TV against their arch-rivals.

It's official now - no one on either the Skins' player roster or their coaching staff has a safe job for next season.

Not. A. Single. :censored: One.

CCSLC signature.png

Who dat say gun' beat dem Saints?

The Cowboys.

Holy cow, the Bucs too.

I'm playing kickball, then my phone gets like 5 texts at once saying they won. I didn't believe it. But IMO, the Rams need a QB before a certain lineman from Nebraska.

D Line is almost as big a need, and there's no QB sitting around who looks like a "once in a generation" prospect in the manner than Suh is.

One more Ram loss, and I begin debating whether I get a Suh jersey or a customized "House of Spears" jersey.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So the Redskins get shut out, at home, on national TV against their arch-rivals.

It's official now - no one on either the Skins' player roster or their coaching staff has a safe job for next season.

Not. A. Single. :censored: One.

I hope Allen looks at it that way. None of them deserve jobs next year, none. Theres no heart.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I've spent the last half hour playing with this thing

Playoffs Scenario Generator

I've gotta believe, same goes for Cincy.

Indeed, Hell HAS frozen over!

Holy crap! This is the best thing that could've happened to the Bengals. They'll get to see what happens all day and adjust accordingly.

If NE wins during the Bengals will have nothing to play for against the Jets and they won't have a bye.

Is it considered backing into the playoffs by playing teams that pulled their starters in back-to-back weeks?

Well, I'm not sure the team looks at it the same way the fans do, but a New England win and a Baltimore win puts the Steelers fate into the Bengals hands. If the Bengals tank and give the Jets the game then the Steelers will miss the playoffs. I know a lot of Bengals fans that would so much enjoy having control of the steelers' playoff lives. I will always root for the Bengals to win, but there's a sick part that gets enjoyment out of controlling the Steelers fate. I'll root like hell for the Dolphins to beat the Steelers so that I don't have to think about rooting against a Bengals win.

Of course, a Houston win over New England changes all of this and the Bengals could win the three seed with a W over NYJ in that scenario.

I absolutely love having my team be apart of this whole discussion. It's so much more fun than talking about draft positions.

PvO6ZWJ.png

And still the only team ever to go unbeaten in the regular season and playoffs the 1972 Dolphins

Champagne_Pop_002.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te6DgGXVY3E

The 1948 Cleveland Browns became the first unbeaten and untied team in professional football history. Look it up, it's a fact. :P

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

The 1948 Cleveland Browns became the first unbeaten and untied team in professional football history. Look it up, it's a fact. :P

The AAFC was not the NFL. In fact the league was pretty much the Browns and a few subpar teams. Hardly the same as the Dolphins going undefeated in 1972.

Who dat say gun' beat dem Saints?

The Cowboys.

Holy cow, the Bucs too.

I'm playing kickball, then my phone gets like 5 texts at once saying they won. I didn't believe it. But IMO, the Rams need a QB before a certain lineman from Nebraska.

D Line is almost as big a need, and there's no QB sitting around who looks like a "once in a generation" prospect in the manner than Suh is.

One more Ram loss, and I begin debating whether I get a Suh jersey or a customized "House of Spears" jersey.

Rams need a QB more, but you don't pass on a guy like Suh. My take is that I really want Jimmy Claussen, but I also really want Suh. There's a lot of good QBs who fall into that 2nd-3rd round projection.

If the Rams get the first pick, without question, you draft Suh, and grab that QB in the 2nd (or perhaps 3rd) round. If something happens in the final week that knocks 'em into the 2nd position and Suh goes off the board, well no worries, the decision was made for them to take Claussen.

Either way, we can't lose. Except for one more football game that is. (But I'd much rather win it. Draft picks be damned.)

Archived