Oregon Ducks UNI WATCH

watermelonman

Looks the way Oregon should look. I would go with yellow pants with some sort of green striping, but never the less this looks more like Oregon football than any other uniform combination they have had in the last 15 or so years.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well they can still roll out something hideous in the bowl game. Don't get me wrong, I love stuff like this for Oregon, and ONLY Oregon. But, I mean, they tend to screw things up half the time, just look at that white-green-gray combo that was just posted. This season, I liked the all white, the white with green pants at Stanford, the green-white-green against UCLA, and I guess green-green-black against USC wasn't terrible but it wasn't great either. Everything else, not so much.

If they make it to the Rose Bowl I'm sure their uniforms will be epic. I'm just not sure if they'll be epically good or epically bad.

Well they can still roll out something hideous in the bowl game. Don't get me wrong, I love stuff like this for Oregon, and ONLY Oregon. But, I mean, they tend to screw things up half the time, just look at that white-green-gray combo that was just posted. This season, I liked the all white, the white with green pants at Stanford, the green-white-green against UCLA, and I guess green-green-black against USC wasn't terrible but it wasn't great either. Everything else, not so much.

If they make it to the Rose Bowl I'm sure their uniforms will be epic. I'm just not sure if they'll be epically good or epically bad.

I am guessing faint sublimated roses on the helmets and a sublimated rose pattern on the jerseys like the ones Nike has done for basketball.
OldRomanSig2.jpg

a299a92229ad4136a3233720f4ad3622-getty-.jpg

Anyone know what that small half circle sticker is on the back of the helmet??? Both teams are wearing them on the back of the helmets. Really small. All I can see is that its a half circle and has yellow and red (maybe orange). Im guessing it has to do with the rivalry or maybe the state of Oregon.

oregonsig.png

a299a92229ad4136a3233720f4ad3622-getty-.jpg

Anyone know what that small half circle sticker is on the back of the helmet??? Both teams are wearing them on the back of the helmets. Really small. All I can see is that its a half circle and has yellow and red (maybe orange). Im guessing it has to do with the rivalry or maybe the state of Oregon.

From today's UniWatch:

Oregon and Oregon State will be wearing helmet decals tonight in support of soldiers in the Oregon National Guard?s 41st Infantry Brigade Combat Team
mets.png

I'm actually not a fan of that gold. I like Oregon's highlighter gold, as long as it is used correctly. The gold they wore for the two "throwbackish" games is more of an AZ State gold...not good if you ask me.

I'm just so baffled by Oregon. They took the throwback helmet shell and slapped the O on it. Then they wore white pants which did not go at all.

And ironically enough, even though they have less garments then the last few years (aside from the throwback helmet, jersey, and pants) they have failed to wear two garments this year!! Oregon, leaving stuff in the closet?? No carbon helmet or yellow jersey so far.

But Oregon has made some very odd uniform decisions this year. The white/green/chrome and tonights combo was off to me.

I'm not against crazy combinations every week...but I feel like they picked the worst ones

I'm actually not a fan of that gold. I like Oregon's highlighter gold, as long as it is used correctly. The gold they wore for the two "throwbackish" games is more of an AZ State gold...not good if you ask me.

I'm just so baffled by Oregon. They took the throwback helmet shell and slapped the O on it. Then they wore white pants which did not go at all.

And ironically enough, even though they have less garments then the last few years (aside from the throwback helmet, jersey, and pants) they have failed to wear two garments this year!! Oregon, leaving stuff in the closet?? No carbon helmet or yellow jersey so far.

But Oregon has made some very odd uniform decisions this year. The white/green/chrome and tonights combo was off to me.

I'm not against crazy combinations every week...but I feel like they picked the worst ones

the new wings design was an improvement this season but the color combinations have been so random it killed their look...at least when they featured the green helmet and alternated between green/black tops and bottoms (dixon era) they had a consistent look...now it's like slot machine wheels spinning around and no jackpot so far.

I'd be cool with green helmet/jersey yellow pants and black shoes on a regular basis and make the numbers yellow already

Yeah, I can't wait to see what Oregon busts out for the Rose Bowl. Could they go with a throwback look, will they go with the uniform randomizer again, or will they bust out a special Rose Bowl uniform? Who the hell knows? Oregon is fun.

Yeah, I can't wait to see what Oregon busts out for the Rose Bowl. Could they go with a throwback look, will they go with the uniform randomizer again, or will they bust out a special Rose Bowl uniform? Who the hell knows? Oregon is fun.

I'm guessing it's going to be a special uniform. It wouldn't surprise me to see them do something crazy like incorporating roses or even thorns from

the stem into the uniform.

the new wings design was an improvement this season but the color combinations have been so random it killed their look...at least when they featured the green helmet and alternated between green/black tops and bottoms (dixon era) they had a consistent look...now it's like slot machine wheels spinning around and no jackpot so far.

I'd be cool with green helmet/jersey yellow pants and black shoes on a regular basis and make the numbers yellow already

I agree. Although it was nice to see the old Ducks Green and Yellow I still do prefer the current modern look best. Its just too bad that they can muster up some consistency with their color combinations.

Great helmets. Great jerseys. Blank white pants and socks? Would have been better with yellow pants. I'd actually like to see that uniform with Oregon's current thunder green and lightning yellow colors, though I do love the classic colors as well.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• 4 weeks later...

With the Ducks done for the year, here's my take:

If they're going to insist on having all these matching combinations, can they at least, you know, match? Today was a prime point. Green and white for the helmet and pants, yet the jerseys had yellow and gray out of nowhere that stuck out way too much.

They'd be better served keeping the same template, ditching the "carbon" and black, and incorporating the yellow into the white helmet (outlining the O). Then it wouldn't look like such a complete hodgepodge.

VmWIn6B.png

Archived