2010 MLB New Logos, Uniforms, Patches

Brian E

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Pirates with the white hat and red bill looked really sharp! if the "P" was black with a yellow trim, it would be a badass uni set if they wore the white on white!

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

These are awful. An empty gesture is an empty gesture.

Still, it's amusing to see the NFL and MLB attempt to one-up each other every year in the "trivial merchandise we're hocking under the guise of caring for a cause" department.

The Yankees don't look too bad.

Actually an interesting alternate hat idea for them is extend the pinstripes to the hat. White crown, blue pinstripes, blue bill.

Interesting to think about, but on the whole this is horrible.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

The Nats looked awful. I wish they would've let them wear their own patriotic set today on the road.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I think the Pirates look the best in the white hats. If that Bill was black it would have been much better. But they still looked pretty good.

I thought the same thing about the Pirates. I'd like a white alt hat with a black bill from them.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I think the Pirates look the best in the white hats. If that Bill was black it would have been much better. But they still looked pretty good.

I thought the same thing about the Pirates. I'd like a white alt hat with a black bill from them.

Except that the Pirates have phased out red as a team color, which it never should have been when matched with black and yellow. Frankly, their hats look out of place, but then again, they're not alone. That's one reason I hate these hats -- they don't match a good many teams. Other teams (Cubs, Nationals) have alternate jerseys that could have made these work better, yet they wore gray tops. A white hat on a gray jersey looks out of place.

Another reason I hate these hats is that they bastardize the American flag inside of a team logo.

If they're giving all of the proceeds to charities to benefit the military, then hooray, because I'm not sure that was the case a few years ago. But the better gesture would be to figure out what the proceeds are from this year, writing a matching check next year and save us from these horrid-looking caps.

Wait - so the Black Jays didn't standardize their number font or NOB this year? I thought for sure that would happen.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Wait - so the Black Jays didn't standardize their number font or NOB this year? I thought for sure that would happen.

What do you mean by standardize? Do you mean color, or maybe change the the "mlb" block font that a lot of other teams use?

As far as the ridiculous white "Memorial Day" caps go. I hated the idea and execution of them from the first year. You have a certain amount of teams where it looks good, a certain amount of teams where it looks okay, and then the rest it looks bad. The white caps with grey all looked bad. I'm trying to figure out why Colorado had a red bill. If I was to do something like this, then I would do it the way I think is the right way, and that would be to have all teams except Toronto, change their colors to red white and blue. So for the Dodgers, they'd have a red outline around the wordmark and back numbers and names and a blue outline around the front number. Keep each team's design, but just change the color to red, white, and blue and put a Memorial Day or 4th of July patch on the left sleeve. For Toronto, I'd just make them red and white for Canada Day. I realize a lot of people wouldn't like it, but it'd look a lot better than the mismatched hats over the past few years, because it'd be a uniform look to each team.

Archived