2010 MLB New Logos, Uniforms, Patches

Brian E

As much as I enjoy the retro nights, I worry that the Jamie Moyer old jokes are just going to get worse as it seems he's taking the mound each time the Phils are wearing TBTC duds...

APRIL 10, 2010 - 1965

1965unisphils.jpg

MAY 14, 2010 - 1970s

610x2.jpg

At least the man knows how to rock the 'rups...

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phils and Brew Crew:

610x2.jpg

610x.jpg

They did pretty good with this tonight. The Brewers have matching dugout graphics, and painted the old school logo on the mound. Watching on MLB Network, and they have the correct old graphics for the teams on the overlays. Fun to watch

I don't understand, besides money, why the Pirates added an alternate hat with the only difference is the P is outlined in white. It is pointless. Of the two hats I do like the red outline hat better. I wish they would have gone back to the pillbox hat as the alternate. Or the gold hat with black brim.

It matches their black alternate jerseys, which also have a white-outlined "P".

That said, I also prefer the red-outlined version. In fact, I still kinda wish the Pirates used that little bit of red trim in their black alts. Of course, I've also been wishing for years now that they'd roll out a (yellow)gold alternate jersey too (at which point that gold hat with black brim could also be trotted out). I guaran-damn-tee you those things would sell like hotcakes in Pittsburgh, and probably a few other places as well.

As far as the Pirates, they should clean up their uniform set by going to something much more simple like:

White Top - White Bottoms - Black Traditional Hat

Grey Top - Grey Bottoms - Black Traditional Hat

Black Top with PIRATES on it instead of 'P' - White Bottoms - former Black Traditional Hat with Yellow bill

They can do whatever they want with the pinstriped unis they have, I don't care.

elbirdosjerseys-1-1.jpg

The Brewers cap has a green underbill which leads me to this question: When they do these throwback nights does New Era make the caps and if so do they do them in wool or the new performance fabric? Its great to see them get such a minor detail right.

mets.png

braun.png

Love that the fan in the lower right is sporting a Seattle Pilots road jersey.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I like the effort by both teams, especially the Brewers because they matched batting helmets (which I assume are their BiG helmets with an M sticker on them), but these teams never played one another in those uniforms. The Brewers should've waited for interleague play to have a true throwback night.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The uniform designs themselves, no, but I'm so very heavily in favor of royal/yellow Brewers and burgundy Phils. What a nice color scheme royal blue and yellow make in a sporting context. Can't be said enough till every misguided team sees the error of its ways.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Tonight we've got the Reds and the Cardinals in the Civil Rights Game. I assume they're wearing 1964 throwbacks, like the Reds and White Sox did last year?

They're wearing 1947 throwbacks. I'm curious if the Cardinals' jerseys will have zippers like they're supposed to, or if Majestic will just be lazy and use buttons.

Tonight we've got the Reds and the Cardinals in the Civil Rights Game. I assume they're wearing 1964 throwbacks, like the Reds and White Sox did last year?

They're wearing 1947 throwbacks. I'm curious if the Cardinals' jerseys will have zippers like they're supposed to, or if Majestic will just be lazy and use buttons.

Probably buttons, especially if these are intended to be worn-once jerseys.

The uniform designs themselves, no, but I'm so very heavily in favor of royal/yellow Brewers and burgundy Phils. What a nice color scheme royal blue and yellow make in a sporting context. Can't be said enough till every misguided team sees the error of its ways.

Agree 100%. I've never understood why someone doesn't take a burgundy or maroon and gray/silver color scheme and run with it. Back when I played ball we did a makeover and went from a basic red white and blue scheme to maroon and silver and it looked killer.

Other than the color, I'm not crazy about the old Phillies look but those Brewers throwbacks look great.

BB52Big.jpg

Probably buttons, especially if these are intended to be worn-once jerseys.

It's buttons. The Reds look pretty good. I'm not crazy about The Cardinals throwbacks.

BB52Big.jpg

As far as the throwbacks of the past two nights go. I loved the Phillies. I'm okay with the Brewers, since they stayed true to the look and was happy that both teams wore proper helmets, though I did notice that the Phillies helmets were red and not maroon, but that's okay as we can say they just faded in the sun! :P Both the Cards and Reds look beautiful. I can even overlook the Reds using their red helmets in place of helmets that match because they didn't have helmets back then and it still works. I wish someone on the Reds would show stirrups.

I just can't get over all this talking over the game instead of broadcasting a good game between two teams. If you wanted to do a broadcast on the Civil Rights, then produce a show that airs before or after the game and let the game have its own spotlight. I just think it's a shame that they are talking over the actual play. Then again it's a shame that Harrold Reynolds is opening his mouth. I'm trying to think if he's ever said anything worth hearing. He's not entertaining, nor does he bring any insight to the broadcast.

Archived