2010 MLB New Logos, Uniforms, Patches

Brian E

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah, the monogram would get lost from a distance and the piping just gets in the way.

I'm inclined to agree, but I still love the look as a one time thing.

I just feel their uniforms are a little too plain. I think some red piping would help them look better.

I love the uniforms the Reds wore last night, but I'm not a fan of the cap. It's the Indians throwback cap with a wishbone C. Even if I liked the hat and wore it around town, I can see a bunch of dumb Indians fans thinking that I was wearing a cleveland hat.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Wish MLB had those Cardinals throwbacks for sale. Even if it is Majestic, I'd get one. They went to the curator of the Cardinals HOF to get the uniforms as close to accurate for 1947 as possible. He is a big-time jersey freak and he made recommendations down to the detail of the feathers and the angle of the birds, etc.

Looks great.

elbirdosjerseys-1-1.jpg

The cap logo's edges are sharp.

200px-NewYorkYankees_caplogo.svg.png

It's only when subjected to New Era's puff embroidery that they're rounded off.

Fair enough. My point is that the primary version of the logo you most often see is the rounded embroidered version on the Yankee hat and when you see it with sharp edges and outlines it just looks wrong.

Agreed, my favorite of the 4 logos.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

Watching the Reds-Brewers game and the Brewers are in their blue alternates with Milwaukee across the chest. They look fantastic. I hope they put it on the gray uniforms sometime soon.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Tonight we've got the Reds and the Cardinals in the Civil Rights Game. I assume they're wearing 1964 throwbacks, like the Reds and White Sox did last year?

They're wearing 1947 throwbacks. I'm curious if the Cardinals' jerseys will have zippers like they're supposed to, or if Majestic will just be lazy and use buttons.

Probably buttons, especially if these are intended to be worn-once jerseys.

It's buttons. The Reds look pretty good. I'm not crazy about The Cardinals throwbacks.

Some team got called on the "why use buttons instead of a zipper on the throwback?" question in the last 3 years (I think by Lukas). The response was that Majestic wasn't allowed to do it by MLB because the zipper front was a safety issue. Seriously.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Watching the Reds-Brewers game and the Brewers are in their blue alternates with Milwaukee across the chest. They look fantastic. I hope they put it on the gray uniforms sometime soon.

Was that the first time they've been used? I didn't remember seeing them before...

capt.9d6e03796db24c119ea305144da7e522-9d6e03796db24c119ea305144da7e522-0.jpg

Was that the first time they've been used? I didn't remember seeing them before...

I think they started wearing those last year.

Nope, they wore them for the Cubs home opener.

330zl3b.png

Nope, they wore them for the Cubs home opener.

They wear the road alts pretty frequently, from what I've seen.

Archived