2010 MLB New Logos, Uniforms, Patches

Brian E

It was indeed the 1st time Houston busted out the road greys. We only wear them when the opponents force us to by wearing their red alts.

You should talk to your manager and suggest that you wear them more. Or talk to your fellow players and try to get them on board with the grays.

The Astros' manager and players have zero say in the matter. The call to wear the brick alts come from ownership. Drayton McLane likes the brick uniforms the most. And the Astros only have one set of COOLBASE jerseys: the brick road alts. They've never gotten their grey set in COOLBASE.

I think you missed my point...

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was indeed the 1st time Houston busted out the road greys. We only wear them when the opponents force us to by wearing their red alts.

You should talk to your manager and suggest that you wear them more. Or talk to your fellow players and try to get them on board with the grays.

The Astros' manager and players have zero say in the matter. The call to wear the brick alts come from ownership. Drayton McLane likes the brick uniforms the most. And the Astros only have one set of COOLBASE jerseys: the brick road alts. They've never gotten their grey set in COOLBASE.

I'm just passing along the reason why they rarely wear grey. Alyson Footer, their former beat writer who now is a club official, explained on Twitter yesterday why they rarely wear grey. And it's not like the players don't want to wear grey. Biggio and Berkman wear very vocal in their support of the grey in Biggio's last season in Houston (Biggio requested the greys for his final road game), which was the first year they went almost exclusively COOLBASE brick on the road.

The official line of reasoning is: 1) the bricks are made of a lighter material which is better in warm weather; and 2) the owner likes the brick jersey the most. Could they resolve the first part by getting COOLBASE greys? Yes, but they don't because the owner says don't bother because he likes the brick jersey more anyway.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

EDIT: n/m

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I'm just passing along the reason why they rarely wear grey. Alyson Footer, their former beat writer who now is a club official, explained on Twitter yesterday why they rarely wear grey. And it's not like the players don't want to wear grey. Biggio and Berkman wear very vocal in their support of the grey in Biggio's last season in Houston (Biggio requested the greys for his final road game), which was the first year they went almost exclusively COOLBASE brick on the road.

The official line of reasoning is: 1) the bricks are made of a lighter material which is better in warm weather; and 2) the owner likes the brick jersey the most. Could they resolve the first part by getting COOLBASE greys? Yes, but they don't because the owner says don't bother because he likes the brick jersey more anyway.

BBTV's comment

--------------

Your head

He was originally pointing out the silliness of BamaHater referring to the Houston Astros as "we."

BBTV's comment

--------------

Your head

He was originally pointing out the silliness of BamaHater referring to the Houston Astros as "we."

I respond with the requisite palm slap to forehead.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Was at Miller Park tonight, and it looks like when the Brewers do their '90s throwback, they will be wearing the 1997-99 uniforms. There was a whole rack of new Majestic authentic jerseys in that style in one of the team stores. Perhaps a bit worrisome is that the matching hat was nowhere to be found - but all of the stores were selling the 1994-96 road hat - the interlocking MB with the green brim. They were just American Needle replicas, though, so hopefully there's not too much to read into that.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Starting this past Friday, the Phils added a patch to their right sleeves for Robin Roberts.

PXS111050917_large.jpg

I'm a huge fan of simplified and subtle patches like this one. So glad they went with this type of patch as opposed to many of the other memorial patches that have been used in the major sports over the years. very classy

so as it was said today when the phillies play the blue jays this year they will play the game at the Phillies home due to the G20 Summit in Toronto, The Jays will be the home team and the phillies will be the away team, so does this mean for the 1st time ever the phillies will wear Road Grays at there Home park?

Phils2.pngPhils_Primary.pngPhils4.pngPhils3.png

Evan Longoria and BJ Upton went with the high socks today. It actually worked well to add overall cohesion to the Rays' columbia blue jerseys, tying the navy of the socks to the navy of the hats.

They still need a hat with some more columbia blue on it. Don't know if I'd like an all columbia hat, but it needs something.

I saw a fashion cap the other day at Lids that I really liked.. It was a 5950, the crown was navy and the brim was Columbia blue, with the regular white TB logo. I was gonna buy it, but they didn't have one small enough to fit my tiny head.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

so as it was said today when the phillies play the blue jays this year they will play the game at the Phillies home due to the G20 Summit in Toronto, The Jays will be the home team and the phillies will be the away team, so does this mean for the 1st time ever the phillies will wear Road Grays at there Home park?

That makes no sense whatsoever. I could understand a home team being "away" at their own stadium if it was shared, but in this case, what is the point? No one there will be rooting for the "home" team.

Wouldn't it make more sense to play the game at a neutral stadium?

Was at Miller Park tonight, and it looks like when the Brewers do their '90s throwback, they will be wearing the 1997-99 uniforms. There was a whole rack of new Majestic authentic jerseys in that style in one of the team stores. Perhaps a bit worrisome is that the matching hat was nowhere to be found - but all of the stores were selling the 1994-96 road hat - the interlocking MB with the green brim. They were just American Needle replicas, though, so hopefully there's not too much to read into that.

The 90s set would work for me as full-time uniforms if they dumped the boring primary that went with it and used the rarely seen Wisconsin state alternate that went with that set as the primary mark.

Hell the first game at citizens bank park will have a bigger attendance that all 3 games would at the skydome.

1993 :P

That makes no sense whatsoever. I could understand a home team being "away" at their own stadium if it was shared, but in this case, what is the point? No one there will be rooting for the "home" team.

The precedent is CHC-HOU being moved to Milwaukee when Hurricane Ike hit Houston in 2008. MLB could have sent them to Wrigley, but they wanted to go neutral field at a site where the weather wouldn't be an issue (Anaheim was also considered). I'm curious to see what MLB's line of reasoning is here.

And prepare for this possibility: the Blue Jays wear the powder throwbacks on Friday nights at home. Since they'll be the "home" team, they might break out the powder blue in Philadelphia. I don't necessarily think they will (why haul all of it to Philadelphia), but they could.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

The precedent is CHC-HOU being moved to Milwaukee when Hurricane Ike hit Houston in 2008. MLB could have sent them to Wrigley, but they wanted to go neutral field at a site where the weather wouldn't be an issue (Anaheim was also considered). I'm curious to see what MLB's line of reasoning is here.

And prepare for this possibility: the Blue Jays wear the powder throwbacks on Friday nights at home. Since they'll be the "home" team, they might break out the powder blue in Philadelphia. I don't necessarily think they will (why haul all of it to Philadelphia), but they could.

Proximity probably. Only other close places that would be available would be Washington or Detroit. I'm sure that the Jays are getting huge kickbacks in concessions/parking/etc for playing their games there.

2IA3b.png

The 90s set would work for me as full-time uniforms if they dumped the boring primary that went with it and used the rarely seen Wisconsin state alternate that went with that set as the primary mark.

Funny - I wrote to the Brewers in 1998 saying just that. :D

I wouldn't read anything into the Brewers selling the "MB" caps - New Era has been offering them for a while.

Archived