2010 MLB New Logos, Uniforms, Patches

Brian E

Always thought it was pointless to have two alts of the same colour, just a change from team to city name. Pointless. It doesn't even sell more jerseys - it'll just split the blue alt's buyers in half. And maybe add a few hardcores.

At least when the Twins did it, the scripts were different looking. Brewers and Astros? Dumb.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always thought it was pointless to have two alts of the same colour, just a change from team to city name. Pointless. It doesn't even sell more jerseys - it'll just split the blue alt's buyers in half. And maybe add a few hardcores.

At least when the Twins did it, the scripts were different looking. Brewers and Astros? Dumb.

I agree, but for whatever reason I usually like the road versions and would prefer them to the home versions if forced to choose. The MINNESOTA and NEW YORK Twins and Mets road alternates, for example, always looked 10x better to me then the home versions.

Haven't been on here for awhile, but I haven't seen anything posted about the 2010 Stars and Stripes caps so I'm linking to the lids.com page with them:

Some are white and red, some are white and light navy.

If this has already been brought to the attention of the boards, please disregard.

Haven't been on here for awhile, but I haven't seen anything posted about the 2010 Stars and Stripes caps so I'm linking to the lids.com page with them:

If this has already been brought to the attention of the boards, please disregard.

That's cool if the team is home but white hats with road gray jerseys is going to look weird.

That's cool if the team is home but white hats with road gray jerseys is going to look weird.

They look horrible with the grays. Look at pics of the Blue Jays/Orioles game today. The O's caps look horribly out of place (and that's not even mentioning the fact that the brim is blue).

I hate to say it, but I think it would be best if away teams wore a dark colored alternate (if they have one) for Memorial Day, July 4th, and September 11th. Looking at pics of the Red Sox/Royals game, Kansas City went with their royal blue tops and it doesn't look nearly as bad. Still not good, but not as bad.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

2010 All-Star BP unis:

pMLB2-7960792dt.jpgpMLB2-7960787dt.jpg

You know, I really think they screwed these up. I like the main logo, and I think they should have stuck with the halo-on-the-star theme, rather than what they did here.

In both of these the halo seems forced, like it wants to say "Angels" but not too much, so the halo ends up oversized on the A and ends up on the N for no real reason. Why not just leave it on the star that dots the I? And if theat is too small, then replace an A with the star-halo. Putting on the letters is too Angel-like if you aren't going to do it right, like the Angels do, IMO.

This whole promotion is absolutely ridiculous. I'm so glad Roy Halladay threw his perfect game in a real hat, because it'd be horrible if the photos in the Hall and in all of the papers showed him wearing this silly cap.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This whole promotion is absolutely ridiculous. I'm so glad Roy Halladay threw his perfect game in a real hat, because it'd be horrible if the photos in the Hall and in all of the papers showed him wearing this silly cap.

Cash Rules Everything Around Me C.R.E.A.M. get the money, dolla dolla bill y'all.

That's a tremendous point. It would suck if something historic happened in one of these weird, non-jersey-matching hats.

I'm all for honoring our armed forces, but they REALLY cheapen the thing by selling the hats for profit. If they didn't sell the hats, or sold them with profits going to veteran's groups or charity, that'd be awesome. But the way they're doing it is really lame.

If they want special hats for holidays and 9/11, why not just slap an American flag on the side of the cap for every American team? It'd look way better than all the stuff they've tried the last couple years.

You know, I really think they screwed these up. I like the main logo, and I think they should have stuck with the halo-on-the-star theme, rather than what they did here.

In both of these the halo seems forced, like it wants to say "Angels" but not too much, so the halo ends up oversized on the A and ends up on the N for no real reason. Why not just leave it on the star that dots the I? And if theat is too small, then replace an A with the star-halo. Putting on the letters is too Angel-like if you aren't going to do it right, like the Angels do, IMO.

Ugh. I was liking them just fine until you pointed that out. I'm wondering about your "use the star as the A" idea now.

That's a tremendous point. It would suck if something historic happened in one of these weird, non-jersey-matching hats.

I'm all for honoring our armed forces, but they REALLY cheapen the thing by selling the hats for profit. If they didn't sell the hats, or sold them with profits going to veteran's groups or charity, that'd be awesome. But the way they're doing it is really lame.

If they want special hats for holidays and 9/11, why not just slap an American flag on the side of the cap for every American team? It'd look way better than all the stuff they've tried the last couple years.

Because that doesn't really honor anyone either, nor does playing the Star Spangled Banner, or any of these silly tributes. I highly doubt someone who is at war is going to feel better about risking getting blown up every day because multimillionairs are wearing little $0.05 flag patches (that were probably made in China) on their caps. It's just another "look at us, we carez!!!" thing, like those stupid wristbands that seem to come out for every cause.

Even if they are donating some or all profits, there's just something hollow about guys who make $20 million + participating in a cute fund raiser. What's next? A-Rod opening a lemonade stand outside of Yankee Stadium so he can raise $30 to donate?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Because they've already done that, and it (most likely) didn't make any money. That's why.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Archived