New Colorado Avalanche mascot

roxfan00

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bebd8b417d7b6a17b01e28c3226c4f38-getty-90955584dp007_vancouver_can.jpg

I am simultaneously reminded of The Gobbledy Gooker and Owen Hart, for some reason.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

That face he is making...it is wrong in so many ways. I get the connection, and I don't understand why most don't. Weren't they used to rescue people from avalanches way back when? Carrying brandy to "warm" the bodies? Am I way off base in thinking that actually happened or something?

Saint Bernards were originally bred to serve as cold weather rescue dogs. The barrel of liquor is a myth as there isn't any solid proof to support that. Personally I think the Saint Bernard is a better fitting mascot than Howler was, but no mascot really makes "sense" for the Avs.

Downgrade from the former mascot.

I never would have thought it possible. I'm happy that all the kiddies that get their picture taken with it will have a barrel of brandy at head level.

So brandy is the liquid inside the barrel. :D

Not actually. I read that it was made up by an artist or something along those lines.

Hi, how are you?

Well, if St. Bernards were/are used as cold whether rescue dogs, That's a bit better. It's still not the most appealing looking mascot...I tend to prefer big bellied mascots. Also, the brandy thing just looks weird and as someone else said, like a football.

But the choice of animal now turns into one plus.

It would be a lot cooler if the mascot did have some booze in that barrell and went around feeding it to thirsty fans. But otherwise its a goofy ass idea for a mascot, downgrade/random/headache inspiring.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived