Division 1 College Conference Realignment

dfwabel

21 minutes ago, rams80 said:

Yeah, the cartel isn't gonna let that one fly.

The upcoming system guarantees a G5 school gets in, which is honestly shocking. I never thought it would happen. We'll probably never get the dream of NCAA Gamebreaker 2000's 16-team playoff with all conferences getting auto-bids, but getting any playoff at all was kind of a win honestly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Tulane is getting a little overhyped after barely squeezing by a USC choke job, but Big 12 would be a good conference for that school to jump ship to. No reason to stay in the lowly AAC. Join Cincinnati, Houston, and UCF.

spacer.png

THIS.  Especially Houston and UCF...the Gulf Coast rivalry would be somethin' special.

bYhYmxh.png

Should the Big XII actually want to expand 3-4 more teams to go beyond 12, then the following should be Memphis, Tulane and USF (South Florida), while I'm trying to figure out a 4th one for #16 (which would be either SMU or East Carolina).

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

1 hour ago, jlog3000 said:

Should the Big XII actually want to expand 3-4 more teams to go beyond 12, then the following should be Memphis, Tulane and USF (South Florida), while I'm trying to figure out a 4th one for #16 (which would be either SMU or East Carolina).

It would be SMU...the Big 12's not gonna wander too far beyond their Texas roots.

• Like 1

bYhYmxh.png

TCU, Tech, Houston, and Baylor remember who really wrecked the SWC party, they aren't welcome.

• Applause 1
On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Basically the bigger schools within the now-defunct SWC wanted some exposure and power or what not, so that the lesser schools would not get involved. Hence these big schools of Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech and Baylor joined with the Big VIII schools to form the Big XII (effective fall 1996). While the remaining schools (being Rice, SMU and TCU) joined the WAC, except Houston who joined Conference USA a year prior for non-football sports with football following suit.

• Like 1
Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

3 hours ago, GhostOfNormMacdonald said:

Ignorant zoomer here. Could someone give me a breakdown of what happened to the SWC?

Everyone was cheating. The conference was rotten to the core.

• Like 1

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• 4 weeks later...

What if the power 5 created and sold a “Saturday red zone” package? That would print ,money, no?

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

12 minutes ago, WestCoastBias said:

It'd be amazing if Apple dropped a SEC or B1G type bag for the Pac-12 just to save west coast college football. Who cares if no one besides the west coast watches, that's how it already is anyways. 

There are rumors of the Pac 12 getting San Diego State and SMU.