2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs

NEW.ERA

1. I can't believe I actually witnessed something go against the city of Pittsburgh in a sporting event. They get every single bounce ever and always and that's how it always is.

Did you forget that the Pirates exist?

also, as a Caps fan, the Habs winning Game 7 to eliminate teh Pens was sweet, and Halak could be the Conn Smythe if he keep his astounding net play going.

Now, that said, I climbed on the Blackhawks bandwagon as soon as Washington was eliminated, so Go 'Hawks

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of blowing 3-0 leads

From the ECHL playoffs:

The Cincinnati Cyclones completed their historic comeback tonight, defeating the Reading Royals 1-0 in Game 7 of the American Conference Finals. Cincinnati is the first team in the 22-year history of the ECHL to win a seven-game series after trailing 3 games to 0.

Can anything that happens in the ECHL be considered historic?

I don't see why not.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

1. I can't believe I actually witnessed something go against the city of Pittsburgh in a sporting event. They get every single bounce ever and always and that's how it always is. I fully expected the Penguins to come out and dominate the Habs just like they dominated the Capitals in game 7 last year. If not, I expected to at least see the Gunions get a late call on a power play that resulted in a game winning goal. That's just how it usually goes for them and for once, Pittsburgh didn't win. I love it.

2. The last game at Mellon Arena is fine with me. I don't want to upset Maz because he had childhood memories there or something and it's got history, but it wasn't the greatest place to watch a game. I went there a couple times myself and it was an interesting place to see hockey, but you'll build new memories in the new arena, and with the team you have, it'll happen quickly.

1. Damn, someone's bitter.

2. Just like any dive of a venue in sports, the Mellon Arena was close to its fans. The pens' entire history was here, as well as most of the Pittsburgh Hornets'. Its been at the center of Pittsburgh Hockey history for almost half a century. Plus all the other stuff that went on in there. Its just a very unique, historic building. Something that, while its not so pretty in its older years on the inside, on the outside its still every bit beautiful as its always been, and something we have and wil always be proud of. Youre right, I do have childhood memories there. I went to more games there than I could ever hope to remember - well over 100 - and seen so much in there. Let alone the folks whove been going since it opened. It was like my home away from home. Yeah, the new Consol Energy Center will kick immense amounts of ass. If its anything like your guys' arena in Columbus, it will be a pleasure to be there every game. But it will never have the character of old lady Igloo.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

1. I can't believe I actually witnessed something go against the city of Pittsburgh in a sporting event. They get every single bounce ever and always and that's how it always is. I fully expected the Penguins to come out and dominate the Habs just like they dominated the Capitals in game 7 last year. If not, I expected to at least see the Gunions get a late call on a power play that resulted in a game winning goal. That's just how it usually goes for them and for once, Pittsburgh didn't win. I love it.

2. The last game at Mellon Arena is fine with me. I don't want to upset Maz because he had childhood memories there or something and it's got history, but it wasn't the greatest place to watch a game. I went there a couple times myself and it was an interesting place to see hockey, but you'll build new memories in the new arena, and with the team you have, it'll happen quickly.

3. I would love to see the Flyers complete the comeback and win in game 7. It would give hope to every team that's down 3-0 in a sport that isn't baseball. Plus it would prove Willmorris wrong from a few pages back and I'm all about proving him wrong.

4. I've been a long time Sharks playoff bandwagon jumper and with them playing the Blue Jackets' divison rival in the Blackhawks in the west finals I pretty much have to root for them for the cup. If they don't win then the 8 seeded Canadiens are my next favorite team.

fifthly, I think that bet between whoever and whoever about whether the Capitals or Penguins would go farther in the playoffs is pretty much a draw at this point. Both teams lost in basically the exact same way to the exact same team. You should both have to mow your lawns wearing your wife's sunday best.

Quality Simpsons refrence!

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Such a hilarious time to be a Flyers fan right now. It's like the Eastern conference is a planet that has imploded on itself where up is down, black is white. Crosby is still a Pittsburgh Buttpirate, however. Even in bizarro world some things never change.

I just passed by to tell everyone that I'm very happy with the shocking victory of the Canadiens. :flagcanada::hockeysmiley:

ALLEZ LES HABS TOUT LE CHEMIN !!!

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

GIANT KILLERS!!! Thank you for justifying our first round loss to you and taking out our hated rivals! Party like its 1993 Montreal!

If by partying like it's 1993, you mean rioting and looting, they complied. I mean, seriously Montreal? Riots because you advanced to the Conference Finals?

GIANT KILLERS!!! Thank you for justifying our first round loss to you and taking out our hated rivals! Party like its 1993 Montreal!

If by partying like it's 1993, you mean rioting and looting, they complied. I mean, seriously Montreal? Riots because you advanced to the Conference Finals?

Montreal fans and Michigan State fans were cut from the same piece of cloth.

This story was posted in April 2008, which means this playoff series win was to move into the SECOND ROUND of the playoffs!

This is going to become a trend (morphing hockey logos into golfing logos)...I can already see it.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1. Damn, someone's bitter.

2. Just like any dive of a venue in sports, the Mellon Arena was close to its fans. The pens' entire history was here, as well as most of the Pittsburgh Hornets'. Its been at the center of Pittsburgh Hockey history for almost half a century. Plus all the other stuff that went on in there. Its just a very unique, historic building. Something that, while its not so pretty in its older years on the inside, on the outside its still every bit beautiful as its always been, and something we have and wil always be proud of. Youre right, I do have childhood memories there. I went to more games there than I could ever hope to remember - well over 100 - and seen so much in there. Let alone the folks whove been going since it opened. It was like my home away from home. Yeah, the new Consol Energy Center will kick immense amounts of ass. If its anything like your guys' arena in Columbus, it will be a pleasure to be there every game. But it will never have the character of old lady Igloo.

1. Yes. Things go right for Pittsburgh teams (the ones that actually try) and you can't deny that Pittsburgh has enjoyed 3 to 4 times more good fortune in recent years than most cities. It's not fair and that's why I'm bitter.

2. I meant to be nicer about Mellon arena, but I was out a little late last night celebrating. What I was trying to say is that it had a lot of character and I'm actually upset that the new arena lacks any sort of the originality and flair and the inside looks like pretty much every other arena in the league. Plus, it no longer looks like an igloo. What I meant by what I said is that it's the fond memories of what the team did on the ice that make it a place that you love so much. Had the recent success happened in Nassau Coliseum you would probably have attachment to that dump as well and you'll grow to appreciate the new barn. That is, unless you're like my dad who prefers cinergy field to great american ballpark.

PvO6ZWJ.png

1. Yes. Things go right for Pittsburgh teams (the ones that actually try) and you can't deny that Pittsburgh has enjoyed 3 to 4 times more good fortune in recent years than most cities. It's not fair and that's why I'm bitter.

Im chalking this sentiment up to you living in Ohio, I understand.

Speaking of blowing 3-0 leads

From the ECHL playoffs:

The Cincinnati Cyclones completed their historic comeback tonight, defeating the Reading Royals 1-0 in Game 7 of the American Conference Finals. Cincinnati is the first team in the 22-year history of the ECHL to win a seven-game series after trailing 3 games to 0.

Can anything that happens in the ECHL be considered historic?

I don't see why not.

Well I guess it's the whole "if a tree falls in the forest and no one's around to hear" kind of thing.

The ECHL never really struck me as relevant, to be honest. When it comes to tiers under the NHL for me it's the AHL and CHL.

Montreal fans and Michigan State fans were cut from the same piece of cloth.

This story was posted in April 2008, which means this playoff series win was to move into the SECOND ROUND of the playoffs!

So I'm guessing that's become a new tradition for Montreal whenever the Canadiens win a series: Go bat :censored: crazy in the streets afterwards. Like Duderino said, they're doing this just because they made it to the conference finals, just imagine what will happen if they make it to the Cup Final, & Lord knows what'll happen if they actually win another one.

You'd think they wouldn't go :censored:ing nuts considering that they've won the most Cups in league history, but eh. Laissez les bon temps rouler, Montreal.

I'm pulling for the Habs seeing as they're the last Canadian team in it

But you're a Maple Leafs fan and the Habs are supposed to be your sworn enemy.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

fifthly, I think that bet between whoever and whoever about whether the Capitals or Penguins would go farther in the playoffs is pretty much a draw at this point. Both teams lost in basically the exact same way to the exact same team. You should both have to mow your lawns wearing your wife's sunday best.

Quality Simpsons refrence!

No matter how you want to slice it, maz still won the bet. Right now, my sig will support the All Whites in the World Cup until further notice.

Blackhawks and Sharks open Western Conference final Sunday at 12P/3E on NBC.

Edit again: East final will also start Sunday. Game will be at 4P/7E.

Archived