The Cornucopia of Possible NBA Logo Changes

Discogod

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New MAGIC court in the NEW DOME:

amwaycenter2.jpg

Holy crap, 2K Sports finally got a new court design right for NBA 2K11!

Usually when a team updates their logos/court, video games get it wrong and take artistic liberties, but it appears that 2K was right on the money except for the fact that the actual arena they're playing in is the old Orlando Arena. <_<

bSLCtu2.png

hawk36....How are the Sonics doing? Well, the Jazz are looking pretty good for next season. The new unis are awesome and Jazz fans love them. Gordon Hayward and Al Jefferson should be a nice additions to the team and will definitely help them contend in the West. Now how about those Sonics who did they pick up this off seson? What about the draft? Okay, now shut up and go back in your :censored:ing hole.

New MAGIC court in the NEW DOME:

amwaycenter2.jpg

Holy crap, 2K Sports finally got a new court design right for NBA 2K11!

Usually when a team updates their logos/court, video games get it wrong and take artistic liberties, but it appears that 2K was right on the money except for the fact that the actual arena they're playing in is the old Orlando Arena. <_<

Oh great, another paint design of the college lane being one color, and the outside NBA rectangles being a different color. Original.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

hawk36....How are the Sonics doing? Well, the Jazz are looking pretty good for next season. The new unis are awesome and Jazz fans love them. Gordon Hayward and Al Jefferson should be a nice additions to the team and will definitely help them contend in the West. Now how about those Sonics who did they pick up this off seson? What about the draft? Okay, now shut up and go back in your :censored:ing hole.

Really? You probably should be a little more careful with the tone. Uncalled for.

Denver Nuggets also change collar, but look at this:

p8493403dt.jpg

And for this (0.36):

Two different collar

I always love that collar style. It is simple, but looks great and gets the point across. Having the 2 colors is not over the top, its not cluttered, and it leads into the triangle inset perfectly. The Cavs had it on their last set, and I think a few more teams are moving towards it now. I think it just looks nearly perfect.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Seattle seemed like a great NBA town, it really did. I just can't muster sympathy for the city, however, when they knew what they had to do to keep the team and they flat out refused. I really hope they get an NBA team again (and a NHL one for that matter), but it's just not happening without a new arena, which the city has refused time and again to build.

I might be a bit too late to respond to this (had stomach flu last week), but I personally can?t blame Seattle for not giving into Clay Bennett?s b.s.! I?ve heard many times that the Seattle region would rather throw their taxes into education than at a 3rd publicly funded stadium. But then again, this hasn?t made much sense to me, because aren?t Qwest and Safeco Field funded by a tourist tax?

IT'S A MAJOR MUSIC GENRE!!! YOU CAN BUY GODDAMN JAZZ CDS AT ANY RETAILER IN THE COUNTRY!!! THERE IS NOTHING GEOGRAPHICALLY LIMITING ABOUT IT!!!

You might have a point if the team had started out as the Tokyo Enka and was moved to Utah, yet kept the name. Not when its one of the major genres of modern music.

clapping_audience.gif

You guys are too funny. Jazz music is integral to SLC since you can by jazz CDs there? I stand corrected then. SLC is the "hotbed" for jazz music in the world. Come on, that's ridiculous.

Honestly, they can name themselves whatever they want, I'm just saying it's one of the worst location/nickname combos in sports. I understand the team history, etc. I just prefer location/nicknames that are well thought out and make sense. It's part of the whole package: city, region, name, colors, mascot, uniforms, logo, etc. To simply use a name that was perfect for another city isn't a quality solution. We should demand more than that.

If a famous jazz musician moved to SLC, opened up a jazz club, it in turn became famous and then that musician moved an NBA team to SLC and named it the Jazz after the famous jazz club in the city, then it would be a great name.

See the difference?

I think you should come to terms with the fact that teams that move will sometimes take team names with them (as is their right).

Exactly! And any true NBA fan wouldn't think of Jazz music every time they heard the phrase "Utah Jazz" anymore either. The "Jazz" have become more of a style of basketball rather than a type of music!

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Archived