Lakers NBA champions gear

TrueYankee26

BTW I'm a Jets & Rangers fan so I dealt with suffering as well.

Please. I'm a Rays, Chargers, and Clippers fan. You don't know sports suffering.

Whether it's several bad seasons followed by good seasons without a championship (Rays), a front office and ownership that has become a sports punchline (Clippers), or a history of playoff chokes (Chargers), most sports seasons have ended in disappointment for me.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few years ago, I met a girl who was a Lakers fan and a Yankees fan. In isolation, I can deal with those. But for one person to like both? That's just lazy. Let me guess. Is her favorite football team the Patriots?

No. That would be the Dallas Cowboys.

I knew someone in one of my classes who was exactly like that.

Favorite Basketball team: Lakers

Favorite Baseball team: Yankees

Favorite Soccer team: Man United

Favorite Football team: Cowboys

Favorite College team: USC

I asked why, and he said "I expect them to win."

galaxy.png

A few years ago, I met a girl who was a Lakers fan and a Yankees fan. In isolation, I can deal with those. But for one person to like both? That's just lazy. Let me guess. Is her favorite football team the Patriots?

I knew someone in one of my classes who was exactly like that.

Favorite Basketball team: Lakers

Favorite Baseball team: Yankees

Favorite Soccer team: Man United

Favorite Football team: Cowboys

Favorite College team: USC

I asked why, and he said "I expect them to win."

Manchester United fans are the worst. There are so many here in Calgary and not one of them has ever set foot in Europe alone let alone Machester. Got to love Bandwagoners.

Please. I'm a Rays, Chargers, and Clippers fan. You don't know sports suffering.

Whether it's several bad seasons followed by good seasons without a championship (Rays), a front office and ownership that has become a sports punchline (Clippers), or a history of playoff chokes (Chargers), most sports seasons have ended in disappointment for me.

Us Cleveland fans are laughing at your "suffering."

BB52Big.jpg

One of my friend's younger brothers is a Yankee-Patriot-Laker fan. Most annoying person I've ever met.

EDIT: And we live in Wisconsin, so it makes no sense besides the bandwagon for him to like those teams.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

I just misspelled the word champions no biggie.

Then go back and edit the topic's title and description, dumbass.

I laughed at the second sentence in your post, by the way.

You didn't have to call me dumbass!!!!!!

Also, for the Jets, No titles since 68, and for the Rangers, 1 stanley cup since 40.. I suffer outside the Yanks and tar heels basketball.

Let me add the Hawks, & Nuggets who may be playoff teams, but Hawks haven't won in decades, and Nuggets never won a title since the ABA days

And I changed the title to champions. ARE YA HAPPY NOW?

Also, for the Jets, No titles since 68, and for the Rangers, 1 stanley cup since 40.. I suffer outside the Yanks and tar heels basketball.

Let me add the Hawks, & Nuggets who may be playoff teams, but Hawks haven't won in decades, and Nuggets never won a title since the ABA days

At least you've been able to see the Yankees and Rangers win titles in your lifetime. None of my favorite teams have won championships in my lifetime.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

At least you've been able to see the Yankees and Rangers win titles in your lifetime. None of my favorite teams have won championships in my lifetime.

Were you around when the Chargers won the AFC in '94? Hey, they did get a trophy and all that...

bwj8j.gif

In my opinion, the NBA is a players league. It's ok to sort of bandwagon in basketball because like me- I go for whoever my favorite player plays for. Back in the day it was Jordan- so I was a Bulls fan. After that, a Magic fan due to Penny Hardaway. Ever since Kobe came in I've been a "Lakers" fan. More of a Kobe fan, but since I want Kobe to win... by default, Lakers are my team.

Once Kobe's gone I'll probably be a 'whatever team Kevin Durant is on' fan. But for the record, my area doesn't have a basketball team- and I'm a Detroit Lions/Tigers fan.. so there goes the "only when they're winning thing'.

Anybody know how to look Celtics champions gear (If they won)?

in africa

BFE. Where all the Undefeated Patriots Super Bowl gear went. :D

Does that include the Referee's Shampionship gear too?

The refs that actually made a series of it by giving the Celts game 2 games and a half?

They don't get gear for delaying the inevitable.

Hey! I'm not only a Lakers fan (born and raised by Laker fans, still live in LA), but I'm a Cowboys fan as well. However, that doesn't mean I'm a bandwagon fan.

See, I was born in '91 and the first year of sports I can remember is in 1996. For the Cowboys, '96-'09 just happens to be the worst stretch of losing in the Cowboys history ever, but I'm still a fan, a die-hard actually. Back in the early 2000's when it was fashionable to root for teams like the Eagles, Patriots, Bucs, and Titans, just to name a few, I still stood by my Cowboys (5-11 for three straight seasons, plus cellar-dwellers) and watched every game. Some of them were miserable to watch... But so rewarding seeing them go on the 4-game winning streak at the end of last year.

My favorite sports teams are:

NFL - Cowboys (lifelong fan)

NBA - Lakers (lifelong fan)

MLB - Angels (was fan before they were good)

NHL - Ducks (was fan before they were good)

Soccer - US national team/LA Galaxy.

For LA fans, I think NFL teams are the exception, because with no actual team, it's pretty much a free-for-all. In my case, I go for the Chargers, since they're the closest team, plus I was pulling for them in the Stan Humphries Super Bowl run. Even when there were teams hear, I hated the Raiders because of Raider "Fans," and the Rams were just kind of... there. In terms of the other teams, I've been an Angel fan my whole life, since my dad started following them from their first year at Wrigley Field, I've been a King fan my whole life (I still remember the McSorley stick incident even though I was quite young back then), and I've definitely been a lifelong Laker fan, and with Sterling at the helm, anyone who's a Clipper fan is an absolute glutton for punishment.

VmWIn6B.png

The only people in the state of New York that has any right to talk about suffering is fans in buffalo.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Why is the hat black, though? For the Lakers, it makes more sense for the hat to be purple.

Because champions gear is always generic - it's designed to be used for each of the two teams. Had Game 7 gone the other way, they'd be selling the exact same cap with a different patch in the middle.

Jets fan AND Cubs fan, right here.

Two teams. 145 years combined.

I win. (or actually, I lose.)

6uXNWAo.png

Archived