Unpopular Opinions

I hated Maryland's uniforms. That seems to be an unpopular opinion on here. :P

I asked one of my friends and my mom what they think of them. All three of us didn't like it. For kicks I pulled up Oregon's unis and asked my mom what she thought of them. She said they weren't her favorite, but they looked like they were 'collegy'. I told her they were college uniforms. From my enormous sample size of three, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the majority opinion from U.S. Americans.

So definitely not unpopular ^_^ and I think if you do like them, it still wouldn't be all that hard to see why people don't like them.

Haha, yeah, I know the general public doesnt like them, but people on here seem to.

For the most part, I feel that that's really stupid, but then I look at the roster of the Montreal Canadiens and I see names like Spacek, Plakanec, Markov, Kostitsyn, and something doesn't feel right.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

For the most part, I feel that that's really stupid, but then I look at the roster of the Montreal Canadiens and I see names like Spacek, Plakanec, Markov, Kostitsyn, and something doesn't feel right.

Why not add Brian Gionta? He is the team captain and he's an American. Just give me someone who can aim at the net and score some goals and I'll be perfectly happy.

I think pro sports teams should reflect their hometowns. The Pittsburgh Pirates should be from Pittsburgh. The New York Yankees should be from New York.

What if no player in the MLB resides in Pittsburgh?

So players from smaller towns (ie Larry Bird from French Lick) are not even given a shot to play in the professional leagues? Im confused by what you are trying to say, can you please elaborate?

x0y5nq.png

I think pro sports teams should reflect their hometowns. The Pittsburgh Pirates should be from Pittsburgh. The New York Yankees should be from New York.

What if no player in the MLB resides in Pittsburgh?

So players from smaller towns (ie Larry Bird from French Lick) are not even given a shot to play in the professional leagues? Im confused by what you are trying to say, can you please elaborate?

Exactly.

What about foreign players? Should Pedro Martinez or Tony Parker or Alexander Ovechkin not get opportunities because, not only do they not live in an NHL/MLB/NBA town, they're not even from the nation where the highest professional leagues are?

spacer.png

i know this kind of gets mixed reviews from people but i think these are awesome.

ads%20alternate%20jersey-3.jpg

also, i think the new jersey devils logo sucks. i never really see it as an N and a J. it just looks like they tried to mix too many elements into one shape it and it came out as an indistinguishable mess.

i know this kind of gets mixed reviews from people but i think these are awesome.

ads%20alternate%20jersey-3.jpg

Agreed, that logo is absolutely brillant! I didn't notice that he's using his amputated leg as a hockey stick until someone pointed it out. Everything about the logo is top notch!

The logo is brilliant, but I preferred the original home white and gray roads.

JerseyFRONT.jpg

I guess this is a good place for me to mention my absolute loathing and contempt for all the publicity seeking, self-aggrandizing 9/11 tributes, from the Mets' grab-bag caps to those stupid star-spangled gloves and boots. A solemn occasion deserves a somber, dignified tribute, not the attention-seeking antics of overgrown toddlers.