Unpopular Opinions

Agreed on the striping elements, but I think those wordmarks are close to the very definition of "cluster :censored: ".

Too clever by half, and very ugly to boot.

I don't think the Texas one is all that bad, but to each his own :)

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I loved the '90s Reebok college basketball uniforms with the elaborate scripts.

jIszf.jpg

a-beerbohm-020699.jpg

mateen.jpg

Those jerseys are so disgustingly perfectly 90s.

I want a Boston College one (and that's odd for me, I hate the vast majority of uniforms introduced in the 90s, especially one-off ones such as these).

spacer.png

Dislikes:

BiG logo (although from the tone of this thread, maybe liking the BiG logo is becoming the minority view)

Expos logo

Johnny Canuck (it's okay, not great)

Powder blue away uniforms

Padres brown and yellow color scheme

Pat Patriot

Nordiques igloo

Pullover baseball jerseys

Canucks whale logo (though I liked the maroon and light blue better than what they have now)

Padres sand color (in the logo set and as an accent, not so much as a color for a jersey)

Flying Elvis

Orioles "O's" cap logo

Grunge-Logos.png

I don't like white on white football uniforms. I hate football uniforms that are completely white from head to toe. Worse offender of this, Texas Longhorns road uniforms. White helmets, white facemask, white jersey, white pants, white socks, and white shoes. :blink::wacko:<_<:cry::cursing::Oo::angered:

I'm sorry, but white on white just screams practice uniforms to me. One of "my rules" for football uniforms is that white jerseys must be worn with colored pants.

I'm with you brotha!

Leave the storm trooper looks for Star Wars.

Here are mine:

-Flying Elvis is much better than Pat Patriot. (My only gripe being the silver in the Pat's color scheme in the Elvis era)

-In today's MLB, if a team wants to have a powder blue jersey as a regular jersey, it should be a home alternate paired with white pants.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

• 2 weeks later...

My opinion regarding which uniforms are BYU's best seems to waver from time to time, but the more I look at the 1995-1997 set, the more it stands out as my favorite.

steve-sarkisian.jpg

steve-sarkisian2.jpg

byu-utah.jpg

itula-mili.jpg

The only thing I would have changed would be to remove the "Y" from the sleeves. Other than that, the very tasteful addition of black and the change from three sleeve stripes to two (matching the helmet) really made for an outstanding uniform, and I really liked the number font. Yes, perhaps it was BFBS, but again, it was very tasteful and they added it the right way, as opposed to going all out with it (which they very well could have done). That opinion is particularly unpopular here in Utah, as most think either the current uniforms or the Young-McMahon uniforms are the best.

Also a rather unpopular opinion here (at least it was in Logan while I attended USU), I think this is the best Utah State has ever looked:

14.KevinCurtis_display_image.jpg?1311144249

*EDIT: Had to find another picture because the previous link was broken. This is the only other decent picture I can find. A quick note, the "running bull" logo IS supposed to be on the sleeves, but it appears this may have been a version that didn't feature it.

Great template, the running bull logo (one of my favorites) on the sleeves, nice number font that matches well with the identity, sharp. Much better than what they're in right now - MUUUCH better.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

^^^Those are definitely up there on my list too, but I think that's more out of childhood nostalgia than anything. Considering the fact that Utah State had historically and should still today own navy blue in the state, I think BYU belongs in royal again.

I will say regardless, however, the Beck-Watkins era set is alot sharper than people give it credit for. It's usually kicked to the curb here because of the team's play in them, but I thought they were great. Especially when they went navy monochrome, like that Watkins picture. Good lookin' stuff.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

I hate the NFL's sock rule. I just don't understand why the lower portion of team socks must be white. Long colored socks (without the white) is a good look IMO.

I thought I was the only person who felt this way. Glad someone else feels the same.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

vick_fugly.jpg

I would love it if VaTech based their uniforms on this.

I miss the Padres sand away uniforms

Those worked because VA Tech's piping separated the orange and maroon. Too bad they never tried the orange yoke on both sleeves because it would have been great.

UNPOPULAR OPINIONS:

I think the Red Sox are overrated. I think the Babe Ruth curse is/was overstated and I think their narrative is no more compelling than a lot of other ball clubs out there. I

I think the Leafs get FAR too much praise, attention and devotion from the CBC. I think if you DARE to really speak the truth about that INEPT franchise on HNiC they quickly show you the door. HNIC is essentially a massive multi-million dollar infomercial that perpetuates the WORST hockey franchise of the post-expansion era.

I can't think of a single Padres logo or jersey I like, yes, even the brown/mustard stuff from 1984.

Fenway Park ain't all that. That wall on left field is DUMB, the place reeks of urine.

Dodger Stadium is an underrated ball park, I'd put it in my top 3.

Micro-brews are generally overrated and a decent, bottled beer is just fine, thank you, (and generally half the price).

Empire Strikes Back is NOT the best Star Wars movie. It's fun film, but nothing holds a candle to the impact the original Star Wars film had. That film also had the most complete story, the most iconic lines and revolutionized how Hollywood makes and promotes movies.

I miss old Tiger Stadium.

The black on the Calgary Flames jerseys/logos suck and I miss the old 1989 stuff.

I HATE the Colorado Avalanche gear and name, bring back the Colorado Rockies.

I like my LA Kings in purple and gold and not silver and black.

My favorite Alouettes logo is the dumn letter "a" that *sort* of looks like a bird. Sorta.

I like the old "Tony Eason" Patriots gear better.

The Seahawks NFC revision was a CLUSTER and I much, much prefer the older, sadder Seahawk logo.

Arsenal's new logo sucks and I miss the busier, antiquated logo. Also yellow should always be Arsenal's alternate color.

The neon-green Sounders stuff is AWFUL. I love what the Sounders have done for domestic soccer, but I much prefer their blue jersey and their new 2012 alternate (blue/yellow with a collar) is the UGLIEST thing I've ever seen.

My favorite Leafs jersey is the 70's style, "Daryl Sitler" style jersey.

I think some of the best work in jerseys lately has been with MLS (despite what I said about the Sounders). That Portland kit looks pretty cool (hate the team, love the kit).

I actually think the greatest Expo isn't Gary Carter, it's Rusty Staub.

Calgary Stampeders have the same problem the Flames have with adding black to the color scheme.

In general, black is a highly overrated color for sports gear, so is orange.

Ban the DH.

Canada should abandon the NBA (or vice-versa)

The Indians logo and name IS racist, that's just obvious. Change it. Ditto, Redskins.

I like the NY Jets logo/colors from the 80's better.

All-white baseball hats are fine, people who rant about them are weird.

Matching your baseball hat to match your sox, shoes or laces is weird. Just grab your favorite team's hat and go to the ballpark, nobody cares that you color-coordinate your sports-accessories.

Red Yankee hats and green Red Sox hats are some of the dumbest sports gear out there.

The maple-leaf is NOT overused in Canadian sports gear, it's a superb geometric symbol, and I'd welcome it being used more. On the other hand, Canada's soccer team needs a serious face lift and could use a more traditional maple-leaf logo.

I'd applaud if Toronto FC agreed to rename themselves the Blizzard. Other NASL named I'd enjoy coming back are the Sting and Cosmos.

I LIKE the idea and concept behind Chivas USA.

The 1992 World Series was actually the better, more exciting World Series for Jays fans. It produced some incredible baseball, the 1993 World Series ended with a bang but actually had a lot of poor play.

...There I should have sufficiently ruffled everyone's feathers with at least one of those rants. :)

Thank you for letting me vent!