Unpopular Opinions

Vintage White or Tan, it was still ugly as sin.

Yes, because a Canucks fan can be trusted to be objective about the Blackhawks.

Say something about how awful the Canucks jerseys are...

I already took it back. Sorry.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Vintage White or Tan, it was still ugly as sin.

Yes, because a Canucks fan can be trusted to be objective about the Blackhawks.

Say something about how awful the Canucks jerseys are...

I already took it back. Sorry.

Damnit, you're no fun :P. Stay classy, for the record I don't hate the hawks, just those tan infused jerseys

FWIW, I don't hate anything about the Canucks' jerseys either. I think they've got one of the best sets in the league.

I just hate the guys who wear them.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

FWIW, I don't hate anything about the Canucks' jerseys either. I think they've got one of the best sets in the league.

I just hate the guys who wear them.

The Canucks set is good (other than the logo), but it has bothered me to no end that the collars are not green and white instead of blue and white on the home jersey. The road collar should be blue and green, not blue and white. Also, the number font blows and the numbers need a thick green outline. I really like that they went back to their colors and didn't pull a Buffalo by using navy and green and telling fans it was what they grew up with. But yes, I hate the Canucks very much.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The one thing that bugs me about the Blackhawks' set is how one jersey is predominantly red, while the whites are predominantly accented with black. I'll admit that if I had the authority to make changes, I'd be hesitant to, but I almost think red numbers outlined in black would be perfect for the home whites.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

The one thing that bugs me about the Blackhawks' set is how one jersey is predominantly red, while the whites are predominantly accented with black. I'll admit that if I had the authority to make changes, I'd be hesitant to, but I almost think red numbers outlined in black would be perfect for the home whites.

The New Jersey Devils are the same way.

The New Jersey Devils are the same way.

The Devils, though, are completely consistent when it comes to what colours are swapped between sweaters. The Blackhawks have two different striping patterns between their sweaters. Which isn't a bad thing. Despite that they still look like they belong to the same uniform set, which is all that really matters. It's kind of a holdover from an era when making sure each individual sweater looked its best was the goal, rather then obsessing over complete consistency.

The Packers had the same kind of thing going on in the 60s. The striping pattern from the green jerseys wasn't carried over and inverted for the white jerseys because the powers that be decided it didn't look as good on the whites as a simpler design did.

bart_starr_display_image.jpg

67_display_image.jpg

Another unpopular opinion (it seems). Unless a team actually played in the ABA NBA teams need to stop with the ABA throwbacks. In fact teams need to stop throwing back to uniforms the organization never actually wore all together.

Another unpopular opinion (it seems). Unless a team actually played in the ABA NBA teams need to stop with the ABA throwbacks. In fact teams need to stop throwing back to uniforms the organization never actually wore all together.

This.

The MLB does the same thing from time to time. And it's just as bad there, even if sometimes it's throwing back to Negro League teams. It needs to stop!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

The Negro League stuff is a grey area. I get the need to honour the legacies of those players, many of whom were equal to or greater then their Major League counterparts, but at the same time it just seems odd to honour a league that was, essentially, a giant symbol of segregation and social injustice.

I see the Negro Leagues as a symbol of triumph (though I don't dismiss your argument of them being a symbol of divisiveness as well) before the integration of the major leagues. To me, they were the black players saying "Screw you, we're going to play whether you want us to or not."

I am not at all attacking Negro Leagues. But I think my problem is the league whose racist, segragationist policies forced those leagues to exist profitting from the use and sale of jerseys from those teams. Doesn't seem very respectful to me.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I've always thought that the 80's/90's Denver Broncos logo was messed up. On the left is what everybody supposedly saw. On the right is what I saw. It looks like the upper lip is on fire. It might also look like a mustache. Then the dislocated shoulders make it look even more screwed up. Maybe it's just me, but I've always hated that logo. That's why I consider the 1997 update to be one of the best updates in NFL history.

mj0ahx.png

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Upper lip? I don't understand what you're seeing, lol.

Looks like a slightly deformed horse.

Well, take a look at the right picture. Then take a look at the gap where the bronco's mane is. Then look at the dot right in the middle of the bronco. That's the eye. I think you see it now, lol. I've never seen anything more scary in my life. The way the arms look wrenched out of place and everything. Here come the nightmares.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Well, take a look at the right picture. Then take a look at the gap where the bronco's mane is. Then look at the dot right in the middle of the bronco. That's the eye. I think you see it now, lol. I've never seen anything more scary in my life. The way the arms look wrenched out of place and everything. Here come the nightmares.

Yeah, I don't really see it... But on that topic, I used to hate the old Lions logo for a similar reason.

The issue for me was that the bottom jaw and the upper leg of the lion connected, so that space created looked like an eye, and the legs seemed like a weird mouth. I think I was 15 before I realized that it wasn't just some really deformed lion.

lions_old_logo.gif

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Yeah, I don't really see it... But on that topic, I used to hate the old Lions logo for a similar reason.

The issue for me was that the bottom jaw and the upper leg of the lion connected, so that space created looked like an eye, and the legs seemed like a weird mouth. I think I was 15 before I realized that it wasn't just some really deformed lion.

lions_old_logo.gif

Haha, same for me. The 2009 update fixed the problem.

On the topic of the Broncos logo, maybe this will help you see it:

10rvodk.png

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

piratesfan, now you've posted that adjusted Broncos logo I can't help but notice another face in it, not the intended one or your one.

The 'sweeping' shape near the top centre-right of the logo is the eye, the big gap (where you cut the head out of the original) is the mouth, and the face of the intended logo is coming out like a big tooth. I've now seen it and can't unsee it, still not really your interpretation of the face though :P

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012