2010 NFL Season

NEW.ERA

capture45.jpg

You know what...I can sympathize with T.O. During the Eagles run to the Super Bowl, this man broke his leg. Most people are out for MONTHS, T.O. was able to rehab enough to the point where he was able to return in time for the Super Bowl & only missed like 2 or 3 games (including the postseason bye & Super Bowl bye). Then McNabb has nerve enough to say that T.O. wasn't really needed & basically blamed him for their failure (Come to think of it, the only team that T.O. really destroyed was the 49ers. He's been used as a scapegoat everywhere else he's been.). Who was their best receiver other than T.O.? Freddie "I just wanna thank my hands!" Mitchell, who was out of the league shortly thereafter? And you don't need T.O.?!

So yeah...I'm with Owens on this one.

You know how I feel about TO, McNabb, and that whole drama, but to be fair, McNabb never said they "didn't need TO". After TO went down, the reporters were asking him questions sorta like "so is the season over now that you don't have TO?" to which he responded something like "we have 52 other good players on this roster, and we've made it to the championship game without him, so we'll move on and be fine." (paraphrasing, I don't remember the exact quotes.)

People did get upset (so did TO) because they felt that he said that they didn't need him. What the heck is he supposed to say? How else does he answer that question? He needs to show his other teammates that he has confidence in them, because with as much as TO was getting the ball, it's easy for the other guys not to have that feeling. He can't say "well, TO is so important that yeah - we're just going to quit."

I can't believe I'm defending McNabb here, but that particular quote was incredibly overblown.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was watching a game last weekend where they mentioned some "record" that, honest to God, had never been done in the first 6 games of a season or something. I can't remember the details but I remember how stupid it was.

Rajon Rondo's assists?

I was watching a game last weekend where they mentioned some "record" that, honest to God, had never been done in the first 6 games of a season or something. I can't remember the details but I remember how stupid it was.

Rajon Rondo's assists?

Yeah, that'd be my guess. "Set the record for most assists fives games into the season"... that's not a record. What's next? The record for most assists six and seven and eight games into the season? Granted, he'd have already set those by now but I haven't heard about it.

IUe6Hvh.png

So where's Kolb getting traded to?

If the Eagles were smart they would hang onto Kolb. He strikes me as something of a Matt Schaub type. Unspectacular, not great, but not bad. Perfectly serviceable, and sure an upgrade for some teams, but is he enough of an upgrade for a team to give up much for? I'm not so sure!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

With Michael Vick being a free agent at the end of the year, there is no doubt that the Eagles are going to hold onto Kolb until they know if they will able to keep him in Philly. I'm sure Kolb is the backup plan should Vick sign elsewhere.

6uXNWAo.png

Assuming he's offered a fair deal, I think Vick will re-sign since he said he owes the Eagles after they were loyal to him the last two seasons and gave him a second chance. If he returns, Kolb will demand a trade. Besides Minnesota, he could end up in San Francisco or Arizona...

Assuming he's offered a fair deal, I think Vick will re-sign since he said he owes the Eagles after they were loyal to him the last two seasons and gave him a second chance. If he returns, Kolb will demand a trade. Besides Minnesota, he could end up in San Francisco or Arizona...

Vick doesn't owe :cursing: to the Eagles. If he was playing half as well as he was right now, you'd be falling all over yourself to dump him on another team. If another team is willing to pay him more than the Eags will for his services, he has every right to leave. Period.

With Michael Vick being a free agent at the end of the year, there is no doubt that the Eagles are going to hold onto Kolb until they know if they will able to keep him in Philly. I'm sure Kolb is the backup plan should Vick sign elsewhere.

The Eagles can designate him as their Franchise Player prior to the current CBA expires.

http://1067thefandc.cbslocal.com/2010/11/16/chad-dukes-rant-on-the-redskins-59-28-loss/

Holy crap...... Chad Dukes absolutely ROASTS Dan Snyder & the Redskins

Does LaVar Arrington have a hard-on for the sound of his voice? The "get 'em" thing only works in person and I could've done without hearing it every 3 seconds.

Speak for yourself. I want him hyping my posts.

Man, you'd think the Redskins were the longest-suffering team in football because their owner is a dink. Complaining about being bilked out of money for a mediocre team, yeah, you and pretty much the rest of the league.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

He said it himself. That's not my opinion...

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/Vick_on_future_Skys_the_limit.html

"When nobody else wanted me, they did, and I'll definitely have to take that into consideration when it's time to make a decision."

All well and good, but my point was that he's going to take more money if he can make it.

If a better deal comes along he'll thank the fans, the organization, the players, and whoever else he has to, then he'll be gone. Until then, they're just pretty words in an ugly business.

Archived