MLB Logo&Uniform changes

UnclearInitial

Lol yea well no...the look they had in the last years in the dome were moving forward and still would be a great uniform today if they would have never gone to the vintage bs they have now which I guess was made to match the new ballpark with the vintage theme of a ballpark. Maybe what I'm trying to get at is that we already moved forward with the navy and gold that we can just wipe the brick black and gold off the books...if they can take games away from Ohio state for violations then they should be able to take away the history of an unneeded uniform era...just photoshop All video and photos with this current set and replace them with the navy and gold ;)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is not to say that the Phils' current threads are poor, and I am not a nostalgia-driven guy when it comes to jerseys, but I think the Phillies could "rep" maroon really well. It would bring a much-needed change to the landscape of red or blue jerseys. The fans would get into it; throwbacks are all the rage !!! I almost never think that jersey packages from times gone by are preferable to the modern era, but I really associate the Phils with a richer, more maroon red. Even if you watch sports highlights or any general sports programming, the YES Network for example, they seem to color the Phils' red darker and richer than a Cincy / St. Louis when creating their logo for the crawl or the highlights package. Now, we've seen the images, and the Phils apparently sport the same red as many other teams. Why then are they represented often by a darker red? Are people harkening to that time or do they not know what look the team currently sports? Either way, maroonifying their current set would be amazing. Will it happen? No. But a guy can dream...

25f5b59a3f64b662bc93bca008e4bd64-getty-119603801.jpg

How some people seem to think that they Phillies should go back to these is absolutely baffling. I'm not wild on the current home uniforms, but they're definitely an upgrade over these.

The currents are a vast improvement designwise. While the current colors do look good, the maroon would look pretty decent too.

25f5b59a3f64b662bc93bca008e4bd64-getty-119603801.jpg

How some people seem to think that they Phillies should go back to these is absolutely baffling. I'm not wild on the current home uniforms, but they're definitely an upgrade over these.

I think people prefer them because in a league awash with red, white, and blue teams white and maroon stands out.

I'm with you though, I like the current set.

Was powder blue ever a team colour? I know they wore it on the road for a few years, but it seems like there was a period in baseball when powder blue became a neutral colour like grey; a colour teams used as the base for their road uniform without it becoming a "team" colour. The Cardinals had a powder blue road uniform, and I doubt they ever introduced the colour to any other part of their uniform set.

Was powder blue ever a team colour? I know they wore it on the road for a few years, but it seems like there was a period in baseball when powder blue became a neutral colour like grey; a colour teams used as the base for their road uniform without it becoming a "team" colour. The Cardinals had a powder blue road uniform, and I doubt they ever introduced the colour to any other part of their uniform set.

No, it was just the road uni color. They didn't sell any merch with blue in it. It wasn't until throwbacks became "kewl" that powder blue became part of their 'scheme' and was used with the maroon on merch.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

That's true, but powder blue looked so good with that maroon color that they ought to bring both colors back at the same time, IMO.

You basically keep suggesting that every team switch to powder blue which would eventually make it no different than the gray uniforms you seem to so adimantly despise.

You basically keep suggesting that every team switch to powder blue which would eventually make it no different than the gray uniforms you seem to so adimantly despise.

I hope this never happens....but for the sake of uniqueness, I hope at LEAST one team wears head-to-toe powder blue as a permanent road set....perferably, the Royals, the Jays, or both.

i wish the phillies would go back to those 80's unis

in my opinion this 33-54505-Y.jpg

is way better than Philadelphia%20Phillies%20jersey.jpg

Actually, I think they are even as far as uniforms. I will say the current number and name font they use, is absolutely horrible! If they used the prior, which is close to the Arial font, or a block font that isn't the MLB block, but one more like the Twins or Braves, then the current sets would be perfect. I just hate the current "comic book" type font they use now.

i wish the phillies would go back to those 80's unis

in my opinion this 33-54505-Y.jpg

is way better than Philadelphia%20Phillies%20jersey.jpg

Actually, I think they are even as far as uniforms. I will say the current number and name font they use, is absolutely horrible! If they used the prior, which is close to the Arial font, or a block font that isn't the MLB block, but one more like the Twins or Braves, then the current sets would be perfect. I just hate the current "comic book" type font they use now.

I agree. Even as a kid I always thought that the Phillies logo looked too "cartoonish". Probably added to why I never really liked the team, even though I'm almost equidistant between Philly and New York.

Anubis.png

Yes, suggesting that a whopping two teams out of 30 switch to powder blue and drop gray is so excessive. My apologies. :rolleyes:

Well three. Haven't you advocated use of powder blue as a full time road uniform for the Jays?

I kind of get it with the Royals and Phillies, as powder blue roads would be associated with championship years for those teams. The Jays, however, had their best years in home whites and road greys.

Archived