The GAP's new logo

BadSeed84

Gap is a joke anyway. They're a cheap, wannabe Hollister/American Eagle/Abercrombie. This logo just makes them look even cheaper.

You couldn't be more wrong. Their target demographic is completely different...

I'll second that- I'll add that the quality of Gap's clothes is substantially better than those of Hollister, Abercrombie, and American Eagle. Plus Gap doesn't try and whore their logo/brand name on every single item of overpriced clothing they sell. ... and you can see what you're buying when you go into a Gap. My friends and I have discussed getting a group of people to go into a Hollister wearing Miners Hats and flipping on the headlamps while shopping.

As for the important topic, and not to high-jack the thread onto a discussion of clothes I don't even wear: Someone earlier said the new logo looked like something for a financial firm- I agree 100%

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gap is a joke anyway. They're a cheap, wannabe Hollister/American Eagle/Abercrombie. This logo just makes them look even cheaper.

I'll second that- I'll add that the quality of Gap's clothes is substantially better than those of Hollister, Abercrombie, and American Eagle. Plus Gap doesn't try and whore their logo/brand name on every single item of overpriced clothing they sell. ... and you can see what you're buying when you go into a Gap. My friends and I have discussed getting a group of people to go into a Hollister wearing Miners Hats and flipping on the headlamps while shopping.

As for the important topic, and not to high-jack the thread onto a discussion of clothes I don't even wear: Someone earlier said the new logo looked like something for a financial firm- I agree 100%

Them putting their logo/name on every piece of clothing is great. If you wear a blank shirt with no logo or name, you'll have people say "look at that douche wearing generic clothes, what a loser". If you're wearing something with the Hollister seagull, American Eagle eagle, or Abercrombie moose, people will recognize that and say "alright, he's wearing nice stuff, he's not a piece of garbage". That's what makes it good for me.

sig_gai.png

warriorbannerssmall.png

Them putting their logo/name on every piece of clothing is great. If you wear a blank shirt with no logo or name, you'll have people say "look at that douche wearing generic clothes, what a loser". If you're wearing something with the Hollister seagull, American Eagle eagle, or Abercrombie moose, people will recognize that and say "alright, he's wearing nice stuff, he's not a piece of garbage". That's what makes it good for me.

You are joking, right?

When I see someone in Abercrombie, Hollister, AE, etc., I think, "What a tool."

spacer.png

And then you graduate high school and/or get taste, and these things stop mattering to you.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Heh... when I see someone wearing branded clothes, I think, "what a turd. He overpaid to be an ad."

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

I can't believe I just read the above.

If you need the brand plastered all over the clothing to alert you that it's 'nice'... it's probably garbage. Which it is in the case of AE, A&F and especially Hollister.

Being a fashion nerd- I want to make people WONDER what I'm wearing. Not know exactly where to go and how much I paid for it, etc. Nothing sucks more than knowing you can't walk in to a mall without seeing 10 other people with the same shirt on.

Anyway- good to hear about Gap going back. Smart move.

I actually was shopping (more like rummaging) through a Hollister/Abercrombie/"They all look the same" store the other day because I had a gift card. Gave the thing away.

I couldn't force myself to buy one thing for a couple reasons. First, that all my sister's boyfriend wears (and I detest the thought of this "guy"); second, it makes me look like a raving douchebag (see reason one).

It's right up there with the old collar-popping fad and buying jeans that have holes by the crotch because someone thought they'd look cool. I'd rather not look like Kevin Federline. :P And Cujo, we gotta add this too the short-lived list:

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Gap is the ONLY high-priced place I will shop. Period. I bought a $70 pair of jeans there, and it lasted me 4 years. Guess where I still buy my jeans? The Gap. They have the quality that is worth the pricetag.

They've always had their iconic modern typeface to go along with it... and now this crap? All I can say is "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!"

OhioBobcatsSquareSig.pngPittSquareSig2.pngOregonStateVintageSquareSig.pngve26tk.png

Images thanks to TornadoGTS

Archived