2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

Billy B

Officially rooting for Butler. I liked Chandler Parsons, but Butler is like a mid-major version of Duke. I just hope that it's agood game, I hate seeing blowouts in the later rounds in the tournament. If I'm not mistaken every game from the Elite 8 on last year was close (within 10 points) except Duke-West Virginiain the Final 4. That's why last years tournament was so good.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Officially rooting for Butler. I liked Chandler Parsons, but Butler is like a mid-major version of Duke. I just hope that it's agood game, I hate seeing blowouts in the later rounds in the tournament. If I'm not mistaken every game from the Elite 8 on last year was close (within 10 points) except Duke-West Virginiain the Final 4. That's why last years tournament was so good.

No, midmajor Duke would probably be Gonzaga.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Man, Butler is missing way too many easy shots throughout this game (first half especially). They could come back, but we'll see.

EDIT: as I type this, its cut back down to four. C'mon, Bulldogs!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

No, midmajor Duke would probably be Gonzaga.

Remember, 'cameroncrazie07' was in Pampers when Dan Monson got them to the Elite Eight in 1998-99 season therefore has no idea of history, just that both are private schools and win now.

We're headed to overtime in New Orleans! What a game!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I will not place these in the "Gear Grinder" thread, but on both sides of the Butler/Florida game:

1- Butler got the rebound with 1:01 left and did not try to push the ball to at least have the ball for the last possession. Try to have the ball last.

2- Any coach trusting a NYC point guard to hit 17 ft jumper to win a game

I can't buy into Butler as an underdog. They are not a mid-major anymore, just like Gonzaga isn't really a mid-major. They've been good enough for long enough that the mid-major label just doesn't do them justice.

LvZYtbZ.png

I can't buy into Butler as an underdog. They are not a mid-major anymore, just like Gonzaga isn't really a mid-major. They've been good enough for long enough that the mid-major perception just doesn't do them justice.

I agree. It's hard to call a team an underdog or Cinderella when that team lost the title game last season. Especially now that they're on their way to their second straight Final Four. Great game.

BB52Big.jpg

Butler does it again!!! What an incredible game, and comeback. So thrilling to see Butler back in the Final Four!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

Great game. Not happy with the result, but the Bulldogs definitely earned that one.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

And with a return to the Final Four, Butler is this generations Gonzaga...

Other than they are both bulldogs... not even close... Gonzaga never were as successful... I guess the "there has to be an exciting game when Gus Johnson is annoucing" rule come to effect again :D

I saw, I came, I left.

I can't buy into Butler as an underdog. They are not a mid-major anymore, just like Gonzaga isn't really a mid-major. They've been good enough for long enough that the mid-major perception just doesn't do them justice.

I agree. It's hard to call a team an underdog or Cinderella when that team lost the title game last season. Especially now that they're on their way to their second straight Final Four. Great game.

I agree, too. I don't care if Butler goes winless next regular season and only gets into the tournament with a 16 seed by winning the Horizon tournament, I'll pick them to get in my Final 4. Brad Stephens is by far the best coach in the NCAA. His team is kind of mediocre not including Mack and Howard, but he still finds a way to win games and sneak into the Final 4. Amazing; go Butler.

25yzwqg.png

Archived