BCS Uni's

denkerprime

I really can't believe that Oregon has a viable shot to win the Nat'l Championship, yet they will not wear EITHER of their official team colors. And why couldn't Oregon have just put their sleeve numbers on their jersey sleeves like Boise State? It's not like they don't have enough room.

Meanwhile, if Nike "advances their technology" any faster, I'm gonna suffer from future shock.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nevermind, they'll be wearing the 2010 helmet and pants.

I really can't believe that Oregon has a viable shot to win the Nat'l Championship, yet they will not wear EITHER of their official team colors. And why couldn't Oregon have just put their sleeve numbers on their jersey sleeves like Boise State? It's not like they don't have enough room.

Um, I know it's minor, but do you not notice the trim around the numbers and the socks? That is a school color.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Um, I know it's minor, but do you not notice the trim around the numbers and the socks? That is a school color.

I don't believe neon-brite-lite-glow-in-the-fetchin'-dark yellow is a school color. Simple yellow, yes. But that particular shade, I think, isn't a school color. I think that's what he means. It even looks closer to lime green than yellow.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Meanwhile, if Nike "advances their technology" any faster, I'm gonna suffer from future shock.

I agree about the numbers. I think I'm the only one who doesn't like the stripes/numbers on the undershirt sleeve. I do like the idea, it is great in theory. But the execution suffers from the same problem that the regular jersey sleeves do. And that is that not everyone will wear it the same way, as we saw in the Oregon State games. Some will wear the sleeves all the way down, some will wear them half way down, some won't wear them at all. And if I remember correctly, I think some one only wore one sleeve.

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m534/lahuvclothing/Avatars%20and%20Signatures/Avatars/5000900.jpg

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m534/lahuvclothing/Avatars%20and%20Signatures/Avatars/5000898.jpg

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m534/lahuvclothing/Avatars%20and%20Signatures/Avatars/5000890.jpg

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m534/lahuvclothing/Avatars%20and%20Signatures/Avatars/4992622.jpg

jNTsTyQ.png

The Gators look like they actually have their basic regular all-white uniform just on the Pro Combat design.

http://mms.businesswire.com/bwapps/mediaserver/ViewMedia?mgid=255421&vid=5&download=1

Boise State has a different helmet, but you still recognize them as Boise St.

http://mms.businesswire.com/bwapps/mediaserver/ViewMedia?mgid=255422&vid=5&download=1

TCU....no purple to be found = FAIL!

Oregon...no green to be found = FAIL!

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

If Boise put the logo on both sides of the helmet and used the regular colors on the bronco that would be one of my favorite helmets in football. It has a real "michigan Panthers" feel to it, but the asymmetry of the whole thing throws if off for me.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Haters gonna hate, we at Oregon could care less. I LOVE the look. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. Its everything that Oregon is this year. Its flash. Its wings. Its bright colors. Its innovation. Its the carbon helmet. Its different.

Its pure sex.

Ya know, if the BCS had kept us at #1, we'd be the home team and probably be wearing green. But we're stuck in white and we're rocking it Duck-style.

And for those who say we aren't wearing school colors, I ask what color is the O on the helmet? What color is the number trim? What color are the shoes and socks? Looks yellow to me.

This is EXACTLY the look I wanted for the national title game. Biggest game in school history and we're showing every 18 year old recruit in the country how f-ing bad ass we look.

This is not the game for throwbacks. This is not the game to get conservative about uniforms or try to squeeze some aesthetic tradition into a program that so thoroughly rejects it. We've always been one step ahead, and look where its gotten us. We're playing in our first national championship game. I for one can't wait to see LaMichael James break a 50 yard TD run and watch his neon yellow feet get all blurry. Gonna need to find an HD tv for this one!!!

Go Ducks. WTD.

You know, I hated Boise's uniform in the first blurry shots, but looking at it up-close, I love it. They need to make a white version and say goodbye to those weird "folder tab" stripes.

I also like Oregon's set. StuckeyDuck raises a great point - recruits already love Oregon's uniforms. Why not showcase your aesthetic strength for all the recruits watching at home? It also will provide controversy which will get people talking about Oregon. Very smart decision by Nike and the Ducks.

Also, I can't believe I'm saying this, but go Ducks! Beat Auburn!

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Haters gonna hate, we at Oregon could care less. I LOVE the look. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. Its everything that Oregon is this year. Its flash. Its wings. Its bright colors. Its innovation. Its the carbon helmet. Its different.

Its pure sex.

Ya know, if the BCS had kept us at #1, we'd be the home team and probably be wearing green. But we're stuck in white and we're rocking it Duck-style.

And for those who say we aren't wearing school colors, I ask what color is the O on the helmet? What color is the number trim? What color are the shoes and socks? Looks yellow to me.

This is EXACTLY the look I wanted for the national title game. Biggest game in school history and we're showing every 18 year old recruit in the country how f-ing bad ass we look.

This is not the game for throwbacks. This is not the game to get conservative about uniforms or try to squeeze some aesthetic tradition into a program that so thoroughly rejects it. We've always been one step ahead, and look where its gotten us. We're playing in our first national championship game. I for one can't wait to see LaMichael James break a 50 yard TD run and watch his neon yellow feet get all blurry. Gonna need to find an HD tv for this one!!!

Go Ducks. WTD.

As long as it makes the fans happy, I guess (although personally, if I were a recruit, I would'nt want to be caught dead in that gosh-awful outfit. It's just my personal opinion).

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

TCU got rid of all Purple...then added Purple socks? Either you want to show Purple, or you don't...except Nike & TCU, they want to show the same tiny amount of Purple, just move it down. Nonsense.

Its pure sex.

Go Ducks. WTD.

A-freaking-men. Outstanding post. This is everything I hoped for from the Ducks. It is pure awesomeness.

spikes.jpg

I don't believe neon-brite-lite-glow-in-the-fetchin'-dark yellow is a school color. Simple yellow, yes. But that particular shade, I think, isn't a school color. I think that's what he means. It even looks closer to lime green than yellow.

That was exactly my point. Thank you for realizing that.

Oregon is also selling a black version of this jersey

Here

That is very odd much what I'd expect from Nike and the Oregon Ducks at this point.

FYP :grin:

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I'm pretty sure Oregon has more than one school color.

And if recruits are all about how f-ing badass teams look...I'm surprised SEC teams are in title games at all. You'd think Oregon would be in every one of them.

Point is, recruits choose good football programs (with wealthier boosters and hotter/sluttier recruit hostesses) over the laundry they wear.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived