New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

And that is why any so-called Marlins "fan" who buys and wears the new garbage has a "total lack of self respect" in my opinion. No sense of pride, history, or tradition. They are either caving in to an owner on an ego trip, or they actually do like the new identity and in that case they should go talk to Loria. I'm sure he has some "art" he could sell them.

Good G-d, we get it. They fired you. Please, let it go. The "I hate Jeff Loria" thing is getting annoying.

Is THAT what this is all about?

All of a sudden, his posts make sense.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And that is why any so-called Marlins "fan" who buys and wears the new garbage has a "total lack of self respect" in my opinion. No sense of pride, history, or tradition. They are either caving in to an owner on an ego trip, or they actually do like the new identity and in that case they should go talk to Loria. I'm sure he has some "art" he could sell them.

Good G-d, we get it. They fired you. Please, let it go. The "I hate Jeff Loria" thing is getting annoying.

Yep. If I remember correctly he was a Marlins employee who spoke out against Loria's de-emphasis of teal on another message board, and they fired him for it. Which sucks, I get it, but I think it's time to get off the warpath.

Because he has nothing better to do then spread his hate speech of other Marlins fans. I'm a Marlin fan that buys a ton of merchandise and I will continue the trend. Name calling is his last defense and he thinks maybe it will change everybody to his "side." Very disappointing.

As Someone who collects hats and will own at least one of these, how do you have a total lack of self respect by wearing this. Just because you hate the design and are mad about losing the florida marlins doesn't mean you have to troll.

I'm desperately hoping for a blue hat orange bill or the opposite, but from the sounds of it that won't be happening.

Sure the cap collectors out there will buy them, and there are a lot of folks in Miami-Dade County that will buy anything that says "Miami" on it, regardless of how tacky it looks.

But for a vast majority of Marlins fans, this is a damn joke and we won't EVER be wearing that crap. On Facebook the team has been making a post each day counting down to Friday, and on each one 90% of the comments are "That leaked logo and/or fruity colors better not be real", "I'm not ever wearing that nonsense", "Why the change?", "I'm stocking up on teal gear", etc. etc. The rest are idiots all about "repping the 305", excited that it might go with the strobe lights at some club in South Beach, not the kind of people who will buy season tickets and tons of merchandise.

It's easy to call it "unique looking" or "interesting" when it's not your team. If your team was dropping a look almost universally liked in favor of adopting the worst uniforms and colors in baseball, you'd be pretty pissed off too. And as someone who's recently had the unfortunate privilege of seeing the actual uni set and logos, I can attest to them being the worst in baseball. Easily.

Really bro, no one likes change. NO ONE- get over it and pull your head outta your ass though if you think a any Marlins fan who wears this has no self respect.

MOD EDIT: Oooooooookay... let's bring the rhetoric down a notch or two, shall we? Get over yourself.

Sorry Mod, I didn't know you couldn't look up the definition of Bigotry yourself. I thought it fit perfectly.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Yep. If I remember correctly he was a Marlins employee who spoke out against Loria's de-emphasis of teal on another message board, and they fired him for it. Which sucks, I get it, but I think it's time to get off the warpath.

If he was an employee and he spoke against the teal, well, that wasn't a very smart thing to do IMO.

Makes sense. MOD EDIT: No need to go there.

Thats why you don't talk :censored: about employers until after you leave folks, however odds are he was fired for more than just saying the teal thing was a bad idea.

Fisheatcats, I'm sorry if you truly did lose your job that sucks.

But come on you are going way overboard on this, you have 2 options, either ditch the marlins as your team or accept the change and get over it.

Your really not making too many fans in this thread so you might as well just give it up.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

If I recall, he went on a Marlins message board and announced he was an employee (and what position he held) and starting ripping the owner for the change in logo and colors. It was an incredibly dumb thing for someone who works for a team to do. It's always a shame when someone loses their job, but this was entirely his fault. If you are paid by the team, do your job and keep your mouth shut...or quit first and then rant. He only has himself to blame.

If I recall, he went on a Marlins message board and announced he was an employee (and what position he held) and starting ripping the owner for the change in logo and colors. It was an incredibly dumb thing for someone who works for a team to do. It's always a shame when someone loses their job, but this was entirely his fault. If you are paid by the team, do your job and keep your mouth shut...or quit first and then rant. He only has himself to blame.

Wow, I'd love to see that meltdown.

I don't believe that the Florida location identifier should have been tied to this organization from the get-go, so I look forward to seeing the new Miami Marlins identity and uniform sets on the field in 2012. Since they will be partially joining the San Francisco Giants and Baltimore Orioles as a black and orange baseball club, what will really make the Marlins unique is the addition of the "tropical" colors that encompass the spirit and soul of Miami and its surroundings neighborhoods.

So we're what? 24 hours from the demise of the Florida Marlins and the return of 1984 to South Florida?

miami-vice1.jpg

(I had to make sure it was around in 1984 ^_^)

To be honest Don Johnson and GTA Vice City were the two things that I was thinking of when I said that (even though Vice City was 86 I believe).

And that outfield display should seriously lead to a public execution for whomever designed it. It offends my toilet for christsakes.

The best thing to come out of this is the Miami moniker. Florida made sense pre-Tampa when they represented the entire state. Now that it's no longer the case...

Archived